Taking the kids to the Southend Game... Advice needed! (1 Viewer)

duffer

OK then, I've never taken the kids to a game at the Ricoh before, so apologies for the daft questions.

I'm after a bit of help, where's the best place to sit given the youngest (at five) might find it a bit daunting?

Also, what's the best way to buy tickets for kids these days - I normally just walk up but I'm a bit confused about all of the things on offer. I'm guessing JSBs only works if they're going to go to a lot of games?

All advice gratefully received. :)

Si80

Kids Zone is blocks 23-24 I’m sure. That’s bang in line with one of the goal lines. If you wanted to move closer to the centre circle then you’d be fine going up towards block 20 I reckon.
Edited to say, I see plenty of people with kids sat in that block.

fernandopartridge

OK then, I've never taken the kids to a game at the Ricoh before, so apologies for the daft questions.

I'm after a bit of help, where's the best place to sit given the youngest (at five) might find it a bit daunting?

Also, what's the best way to buy tickets for kids these days - I normally just walk up but I'm a bit confused about all of the things on offer. I'm guessing JSBs only works if they're going to go to a lot of games?

All advice gratefully received. :)
Should be fine in Block 23-25, usually plenty of seats and there are a lot of kids about

Nick

Administrator
The family zone is 23-25 and it's down furthest away from the away fans. Don't really have an issue with anybody being lairy in there and there's plenty of families.

For the JSBs you get free tickets for them and you can sign them up at the ticket office on matchday / butts, it's £25 for the season but not sure if they pro rata it throughout. If you wanted to take them again you would only pay for your ticket.

As a one off, you could just pay at the turnstyle but think that is still likely to be about a tenner each. Would recommend getting them in the JSBs though as you then get a sheet with loads of vouchers in which you can use for you and others ;) Also nice for the kids when they get birthday cards, free gifts and christmas cards addressed to them in the post from sky blue sam!

Either way, take them into the family zone which is in the concourse before the game!

chiefdave

Kids Zone is blocks 23-24 I’m sure. That’s bang in line with one of the goal lines. If you wanted to move closer to the centre circle then you’d be fine going up towards block 20 I reckon.
I sit in block 20 and there's a few kids about, never any problems.

sylus

sign them up for JSB and take them to the JSB Christmas party in Jan :)

Why not move the Christmas party to June,it makes about as much sense has having it in January,still better late than never i guess,especially coming from our club.Here's to SANTA in the summer.

Nick

Administrator
Why not move the Christmas party to June,it makes about as much sense has having it in January,still better late than never i guess,especially coming from our club.Here's to SANTA in the summer.

I take it you have read why it's in January, right?

sylus

I take it you have read why it's in January, right?

I did..

Unfortunately due to when schools break up this year, venue/player availability and the fixture dates this year between Christmas and New Year, it has not been possible to arrange the party in the pre-Christmas period*. However - we're still planning on a fantastic party as always!

a bit of sarcasm, which i don't have

Nick

Administrator
I did..

Unfortunately due to when schools break up this year, venue/player availability and the fixture dates this year between Christmas and New Year, it has not been possible to arrange the party in the pre-Christmas period*. However - we're still planning on a fantastic party as always!

a bit of sarcasm, which i don't have

Should have just done it when half the kids were at school still or when no players could go ;)

robbiethemole

I just booked and printed mine off at home, no fees and no hassle at the turnstiles.( apart from the patting down and the three ticket checks before you sit down)

Print at home the best option, also recommend the Family Zone for the kids, they do an amazing job in there. Can also buy some drinks / nibbles etc at half the price of the Ricoh kiosks. Enjoy the match guys

Calista

Been there, done that. Small kids can find it too much, with thousands of boistrous beer-and-pie-laden adults jumping up and down and screaming to celebrate the inevitable stream of City goals. But in my experience it's quite possible to simply move to a different part of the stand. It's unlikely you'll be challenged regarding the allocation of seats, and even if you are, any sensible steward would understand once you explain the situation.

Nick

Administrator
Been there, done that. Small kids can find it too much, with thousands of boistrous beer-and-pie-laden adults jumping up and down and screaming to celebrate the inevitable stream of City goals. But in my experience it's quite possible to simply move to a different part of the stand. It's unlikely you'll be challenged regarding the allocation of seats, and even if you are, any sensible steward would understand once you explain the situation.
Never had an issue with it. Obviously if sat in somebody else's seat just apologise and move down a bit.

letsallsingtogether

Is that like Jews but without the curly hair?

I never knew that btw about different Christmas. Is it not the same thing about birth of Jesus?
Orthodox Christians are from the original ones in Greese they still use the old julian calendar therefore xmas falls on 7th Jan same as in Russia and other European countries.
All other Christian religions are just a breakaway from Orthodox christianity.
There you go a quick RE lesson.

Spurs 'City Away Kit' Kit

Orthodox Christians are from the original ones in Greese they still use the old julian calendar therefore xmas falls on 7th Jan same as in Russia and other European countries.
All other Christian religions are just a breakaway from Orthodox christianity.
There you go a quick RE lesson.
Just remembered why I used to bunk off RE at School!!!

Sumo the Micky Quinn

Is that like Jews but without the curly hair?

I never knew that btw about different Christmas. Is it not the same thing about birth of Jesus?

Here in Spain, Christmas is traditionally celebrated on January 6th "Kings Day". Or rather the tradition of giving gifts is celebrated on Kings Day.
The Spanish mainly celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve. Having the Family meal late after work, around 10pm, (which is not uncommon most of the year) then going to Church for Midnight Mass, some may have their family meal in the early hours after Midnight Mass. Christmas day is a bank holiday to recover.
More recently Spanish Children have 2 Christmas's, the giving of gifts now on Christmas Eve from Santa and Kings Day .
Kings Day is celebrated, as this is supposed to be the day the 3 kings arrived to give Baby Jesus his gifts (unlike the traditional nativity plays where it all happens the same night). Here and in many towns and villages there is usually a parade of the 3 kings (Here on Camels on 5th January usually at 5o'clock). The 3 kings throw sweets to the crowd of people lining the street, until they reach the town square (or meeting place). Here the kings then sit in 3 waiting chairs, the kids then line up to tell the 3 kings what kind of gifts they want/expect from them that night, each child receives a small gift, (simular to santas Grotto), My kids in the past have received reading books. Kids leave their shoe outside their front door for the 3 kings to leave their gifts in, rather than our tradition of stocking's next to the fire place, We don't have fire places here. Kids then wake up on the 6th to see if the kings have been.

Users who are viewing this thread