Takeover may be quite close..... (1 Viewer)

Otis

While I can.

Paxman is still in the paddock with his blinkers on though I think.

procdoc

While I can.

Paxman is still in the paddock with his blinkers on though I think.

I mean, it's not exactly rocket science is it. I'm purely judging by their past record, they continuously tell the supporters blatant lies yet some people try and see the good in them. It annoys me how anyone can defend SISU.

ICHAN

Thing is we all wondered last year how they could keep going with the club as they have been making losses all along and yet they are still here and in charge, only time will tell, as to when and how long they will be around for, and I doubt anyone other than the real people who are involved in whatever is going on know the truth. all the rest I think is hope and reasoned wishes of what some may want to be and trying to understand what or why what is/has happened is happening.

Otis

Yep, we did wonder how long they could could keep going last year.

Trouble is now this year we no longer have any family silver to sell, Keogh apart.

ICHAN

There lies the problem otis, we didnt think they would be daft enough to sell/not reinvest but they did do these things, they will think of something to do that will again not surprise some of us by what measures they will go to make some money out of what is already a deflated squad, they will again of course have saved on money with the likes of freddie of the books and others, and as you put him keogh is of value as are a few others, may not get much for them but they could gtet some money for them.

All I am saying is, dont be surprised if they are still here this time next year, and we are again saying how can they keep going with owning the club.

Otis

One day the pot will run dry.

We are already very close. Last year where Turner and Juke were bringing in somewhere between 1/2 mil and 1 mill each at a guess, this season we have no-one worth owt. Keogh the only player who would bring a decent fee, and in decent I am talking no more than around 300k - 400k.

We've had players worth something and we have consistently sold them. Now we are just about at the no-one worth anything stage. Fact is, Sisu cannot continue on the same path. Soon the gravel will have run out and there will be no path.

shmmeee

I think the mistakes Seppala alluded to were the strategy this season WRT playing staff.

I think they got some very bad advice (possibly from a very bad chairman) and are regretting it now.

But like everything the proof of the pudding will be the eating. That's why I'm yet to renew my ST, I want cold hard action not promises and plans.

shmmeee

One day the pot will run dry.

We are already very close. Last year where Turner and Juke were bringing in somewhere between 1/2 mil and 1 mill each at a guess, this season we have no-one worth owt. Keogh the only player who would bring a decent fee, and in decent I am talking no more than around 300k - 400k.

We've had players worth something and we have consistently sold them. Now we are just about at the no-one worth anything stage. Fact is, Sisu cannot continue on the same path. Soon the gravel will have run out and there will be no path.

I reckon we could get 6 figure fees for:

Murphy
Keogh
Christie
Thomas
Poss Clarke
Cody

After that it's pretty grim. That lot with wage savings would probably give us another year.

Astute

I reckon we could get 6 figure fees for:

Murphy
Keogh
Christie
Thomas
Poss Clarke
Cody

After that it's pretty grim. That lot with wage savings would probably give us another year.

They would take £1,000.00 and call it "undisclosed" just to get them off the payroll

Tonylinc

The facts here are simple. Sisu want out and have done for some considerable time. They know that they need a carrot, other than the football club, to attract a buyer. It is for that reason that they are now pursuing the gaining of an interest in the Ricoh and the surrounding land. We all know that the Council will not deal with them on this matter(for reasons which, again we all know) and so they must find a way to get out without loosing face.

TheUKGryphon

I know a guy who is the brother of the wife of the lifeguard at Abbey Fields who heard from the uncle who is the special envoy to the pope who's hair dresser used to be lover of the lackey hired to pick the winnets out of Seppalla's arse, who said this is all BULLSHIT!

And you can take that to the bank because tis true!

TheUKGryphon

Total bollocks!!

The Pope doesn't have a hairdresser.

It was the special envoy's hairdresser I was reerring to, he has a fine head of hair and looks like Ian Anderson from Jetho Tull circa 1971.

When nothng comes from this takeover, you'll see that I'm right and you heard it here first!

dongonzalos

Bit of a long shot here, but here we go......

SISU can't raise the cash to sort out our squad that they have decimated. They can't afford the rent. They certainly can't afford to buy the ground that the council will not sell to them.

Everyone following so far?

The Chinese investor wannabe's want to take us over. SISU want too much for us as we only have debts and no home. They want more for their bucks. SISU are trying to do a deal with the council that if they sell to the chinese the ground will be available for them to buy. They have the cash for this. They are not interested in us if they can't have the ground. SISU will need all this agreed before a deal will be finalised. The ground and surrounding area is where the money is. Hotels and all that sort of thing to be built. The chinese would then be happy to lose money on the football team to make it successful. A successful team would add value to any developement around the stadium as the name would be associated with winning.

This is the way other sports and investors have worked before. Chinese investors have done this before. This is where we are a good investment. They would get a team in a big city with a new stadium already built, a decent following, value to be added as we get promoted, lots of cash when we get back to the promised land and lots of surrounding land to build on right next to a main motorway in the midlands. A good spot for the whole country to access.

Or do you think skint SISU would be able to do all this?

I think you are spot on. Unfortunately SISU are out of their depth. The Chinese and the hoff are a bit too coy for them they will wait and wait. SISU can bluff all they like but the council will veto every move by SISU unless they see investment and transparency. SISU have two options put up or sell.

Users who are viewing this thread