Tactical Analysis (1 Viewer)

SeaSeeEffCee

Anyone read this blog? Lee Dunne put together some good stuff on tactics/shape etc. Makes some interesting points on where we went wrong last night.

Magwitch

He has a point, early on we exposed Readings weakness with crosses be it from dead ball situations or corners we had the one golden chance from Osti early on another from him second half well saved and a near miss from Max so why didn’t we bombard them with high balls.

Sky Blue Harry H

He has a point, early on we exposed Readings weakness with crosses be it from dead ball situations or corners we had the one golden chance from Osti early on another from him second half well saved and a near miss from Max so why didn’t we bombard them with high balls.

We only had Veektorrr up front for most of the game, so the high ball was only ever going to be effective from set plays when we could push our defenders forward )who could offer an aerial threat. Hitting high balls towards their goal during open play would have been pointless (as were we!)

Brighton Sky Blue

We only had Veektorrr up front for most of the game, so the high ball was only ever going to be effective from set plays when we could push our defenders forward )who could offer an aerial threat. Hitting high balls towards their goal during open play would have been pointless (as were we!)

I think those are known as ‘shots’ but I haven’t seen one since 2000

cc84cov

Exposed their weakness with crosses ? So why didn’t we put people there to get on the end of them ? 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

cc84cov

Anyone read this blog? Lee Dunne put together some good stuff on tactics/shape etc. Makes some interesting points on where we went wrong last night.

It’s clear Hamer should of played in Shipley place and sheaf in with James looking at that

Grendel

Exposed their weakness with crosses ? So why didn’t we put people there to get on the end of them ? 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

Like who? Biamou? A player who has not scored a headed goal in league football?

Grendel

Ostigard who always buys a winning ticket to the raffle but drops the prize

Funnily enough attacking the ball at set pieces he’s miles ahead of Biamou and Bakayoko

cc84cov

Like who? Biamou? A player who has not scored a headed goal in league football?
Which is why the system needs changing working it wide and crossing is clearly not for us as we don’t have strikers who can convert crosses or I let’s just try osti up front 🚀🚀🚀🚀

Philosorapter

I think this is definitely the way forward

linked to an engine and GUI that is set up correctly.

Even tied into GPS or something which could track players' positions would be a start.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread