Surely no better than the DSQ'd badminton players? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Was very pee'd off to hear him say this.

Don't care if they are Chinese, Korean or British. You play the game in the spirit of the game.

CovKingChris

Facebook User
He did the right thing. He never would have been able to catch up to the other two riders and they would have been so far behind. It's not against the rules to crash if you've already started to fall.

Cooksta94

If the lad had lied and said there was a bike malfunction none of this would have occurred but i have no idea why he just blatantly said he crashed on purpose? maybe because he's German... :)

guicey15

Didn't like this lad when he spoke in the interview, seemed very big headed. And what he did is definitely a form of cheating.

And he originated from Germany :whistle:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
not so dis-similar to the diving around on a football pitch we see every week really :thinking about:

Stevec189

If you watch his rear wheel slips badly as he applied the power so it was a malfunction. It corrected and he fell off. The other riders had their hands up before the fall so not cheating just playing within the rules!

CTID

As far as i can tell he played within the rules. Im just stuggling to understand why he would blatantly come out and admit what he did?? I was pondering if he had said it to try and cover up the fact he screwed up the first start by mistake and tried to make it look like he did it on purpose which then backfired? I dont know. But i highly doubt its a language issue...i go to germany alot and most germans I have met speak perfect English, he certainly didnt sound like he had trouble getting his english words out did he?

cornoccfc

But i highly doubt its a language issue...i go to germany alot and most germans I have met speak perfect English, he certainly didnt sound like he had trouble getting his english words out did he?

Germans speak better English than many English people do!!!

SkyBlue_Bear83

I am unsure on the technicality and mechanics of everything but if he had a bad start because of a mechanical failure/problem with the bike then why not crash to ensure the restart.
If he crashed just because he had a poor start of his own doing then that is poor sportsmanship and not right

Users who are viewing this thread