Surely Mark won’t go (1 Viewer)

Covstu

Nah, in no better position but he was tempted by money before. He stays in my book

fernandopartridge

I'm pretty confident that even if they came in for him he'd stay. He seems genuinely regretful of what happened last time and let's be honest, Blues are a bit of a basket case (but less than us still).

Mcbean

Let’s make fake news !

If you were him why risk it with Brum - record with Coventry Is excellent - surely his next move is further to pulling us up the Championship the Prem teams will be fed up with Johnny Foreigner and that’s where he’s going !

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I’m confident he’d stay, he has the trust of the owners here and the fans are more likely to cut him slack.

he’s already turned down Sunderland who are a bigger club than Birmingham will ever be.

ccfcricoh

Craig Gardner - 5/2
Chris Hughton - 5/1
Slasiva Jokanovic - 6/1
Nigel Adkins - 7/1
Mark Robins - 8/1
Tony Pulis - 9/1

he's not going anywhere

lord_garrincha

I’m confident he’d stay, he has the trust of the owners here and the fans are more likely to cut him slack.

he’s already turned down Sunderland who are a bigger club than Birmingham will ever be.
Bigger than Sunderland... ***scratches head*** Real Madrid perhaps... after that, nothing!

He stays.

Gibbo

1. Surely Chris Hughton is a shoe in if he wants it
2. We may be a basket case, but at least he knows where he stands. That will not be the case at B'ham
3. Management is snakes and ladders. Huddersfield and after was all snakes for him. He's on a ladder right now
4. I think SISU are rewarding him quite well for the League he is in.
BUT
4. Everybody has their price. Everybody
5. But just like JH, he could decide to quite while he is ahead

Paxman II

If he was approached I'm sure he would turn it down flat. We are in the same league now and we are a one City club on the up. Brum are a perenial championship side in the shaddow of Villa. all it ould do is increase MR's contract pay to keep him and ensure SISU also backed him for the cause ahead. We have developed a great model at Coventry which he is paramount to and he and Vivash can deliver again here more so than at Brum. the chance of being the manager that took us up thrugh the divisions is leagacy material, and the route to a big pay day. Go to brum and obscurity beckons.

CCFC88

I think he will be on pretty packet here, improved contract after the Sunderland approach plus an increase following promotion. Don't think Brum are in the position to be breaking the bank either

Ring Of Steel

If he was approached I'm sure he would turn it down flat. We are in the same league now and we are a one City club on the up. Brum are a perenial championship side in the shaddow of Villa. all it ould do is increase MR's contract pay to keep him and ensure SISU also backed him for the cause ahead. We have developed a great model at Coventry which he is paramount to and he and Vivash can deliver again here more so than at Brum. the chance of being the manager that took us up thrugh the divisions is leagacy material, and the route to a big pay day. Go to brum and obscurity beckons.

He's repeatedly shown that emotions don't drive his decisions, so it all comes down to practicalities. Is he going to swap SISU (with whom he's stated more than once he has a great relationship) for Paul Suen Cho Hung & his 'advisors', who seem to be running a madhouse, and is it going to give him a better chance of getting as high as he can in his profession, and is it going to pay more? You can maybe say 'yes' to one of those three factors, a 'perhaps but not definitely' to another and a 'no' to the other part. Bearing in mind how jumping to Huddersfield went for him as well, I can't see it. We could go down next year and we'd more than likely stick with him, he'd get a few months at Brum and be gone if there wasn't huge progress and he didn't like the interference from the owner, then what does he do.

SkyBlueDom26

Let’s hope sisu go into their pockets and give him some of our promotion money then, he’ll want some sort of budget

Ring Of Steel

As it goes - is Robins the first manager since strachan to manage us through 3 full seasons?

Yes, and not only that, you have to go back to Strachan before that, and Sillett before that. By the end of next season (if he stays) then he'll overtake Strachan and Sillett, and be catching up on Jimmy Hill. Strange that, doesn't feel like it.

Matches as manager since WW1:

Harry Storer 584
Gordon Milne 436
Billy Frith 287
Jimmy Hill 282
Gordon Strachan 214
Noel Cantwell 213
John Sillett 206
Mark Robins 200

better days

He has probably more power at the club than 95% of managers in all 4 divisions
He's built the team in his own image, has assembled his own coaching and backroom staff and seems to be trusted completely by Joy, so much so that Tim Fisher has been submerged since Dave Boddy arrived
And he's almost certainly managing a Championship team next season
It would need to be a life changing offer to tempt him

Philosorapter

He has probably more power at the club than 95% of managers in all 4 divisions
He's built the team in his own image, has assembled his own coaching and backroom staff and seems to be trusted completely by Joy, so much so that Tim Fisher has been submerged since Dave Boddy arrived
And he's almost certainly managing a Championship team next season
It would need to be a life changing offer to tempt him

What's gone on with the club is nothing shorter than remarkable with the culmination shown in the results.

Looking forward in seeing how this whole unit plays out in the Championship.

Warwickhunt

when we know our fate! i would think that negotiations with the Insect Lord will take place as the WASPS really need to sort out the Stadium finances as I dont believe they will be able to hold any conferences this year and its draining their finances something Chronic.

slyblue57

Or maybe he thinks he done all he can for us, getting us back to the Championship.
I hope he s got reassurances that he ll have some sought of budget he can use to
cement us in the Championship or even better .
pusb

Paxman II

Or maybe he thinks he done all he can for us, getting us back to the Championship.
I hope he s got reassurances that he ll have some sought of budget he can use to
cement us in the Championship or even better .
pusb

So on that basis who do you think will do better next year Birmingham City or Coventry City? I think Robins would be confident of doing better than Birmingham City tbh. Now if Derby, Forest came calling it could be a different story but even then as 'better days' says he has built this club around himself and will want to take it to the next step surely? The fan base is as good as any and if back at the Ricoh the sky's the limit.

Users who are viewing this thread