Superstitious Bets - Anybody got any? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Does anybody else religiously put a bet on every week for 50p or so that will make them a fair amount of money if it comes in?

Whenever Clingan played I always put him to score first and 2-1 to us on but it hasn't come in :(

Does anybody else put the same bet on?

BenInTurin

Facebook User
I've never put a bet on in my life! I reckon that when Turner is back you should put it on him to score first with us winning 2-1, that's gotta happen sometime hasn't it and could be a good little earner?

flammablepiss

Facebook User
I nearly always do, though not on the same person. I put a quid on mcsheffery to score first today on the off chance!
I used to religiously do an accumulator with my mates but i only won like twice so i dont bother now.

Covstu

Always had Gary Breen for 1st goal then switched to Elliot Ward and now Ben Turner. Made a few quid over the years but i think i have lost more!!

covkid69

i always put a bet on the manager to get sacked nearly every season....made a few quid over the last 10 years :D:D:D

Minder

Never ever bet on the city for the simple reason that if I did it would be for them to lose, and theres no point me going to games wanting the city to lose. Theres money to be made though. Stick a couple of quid on city to lose every game and you are garanteed to come out on top at the end of the season.

SkyBlueScottie

Won about £50 on Best during his last season for us, the best one off bet I had for the City was in the 2nd round of the Carling (or whatever incarnation it was) Cup, Highfield Road, v Preston I had Aloisi to score first and City to win 4 -1, Aloisi scored a hattrick, cant remember the other scorer but I remember getting funny looks from the main stand as I cheered Preston's goal to make it 4 - 1 and then continually shouted at John Eustace to stop attacking.

Minder

I was at Barnsley a few seasons back at the bloke next to me had out something ridiculous like £35 on the city to win 3-1 with Kevin Kyle to score a headed goal anytime. I saw his slip so I know he wasn't bullshitting. City 3-1 up and Kyle has scored a header. Mifsud goes on the net the 4th....never seen so many emotions from a single man.

Walking Bird

I always used to go with McAllister 1st scorer

Same as good penalty taker back in the day.
backing the penalty taker is usually only thing to do unless like someone i know had a bet on Elliott ward one fatefull day!!

cov_russell

Facebook User
After winning with it at Man Utd I always bet Coventry winning at half time, Coventry winning at full time when we play prem teams. Even if that is once in a blue moon!

Nick

Administrator
I have won a couple this season of Coventry half time, Opposition second half!

I had it against Forest at home, but they came back before half time :(

skybluetom

Always had Gary Breen for 1st goal then switched to Elliot Ward and now Ben Turner. Made a few quid over the years but i think i have lost more!!

Same here when Ward was taking the pens, always go with him first scorer and/or Ward 1-0. Made a few quid a couple of times I think.

Users who are viewing this thread