Sunderlttill I die (1 Viewer)

Adge

Anyone watching this on Netflix? Starts off with Simon Grayson as manager and then Chris Coleman and we all know what happened from the outside.
Good insight into the mercenaries who are/were not bothered and trying to compete with no budget.
Won’t spoil it for those who want to watch but not always the “managers fault”.

Otis

Anyone watching this on Netflix? Starts off with Simon Grayson as manager and then Chris Coleman and we all know what happened from the outside.
Good insight into the mercenaries who are/were not bothered and trying to compete with no budget.
Won’t spoil it for those who want to watch but not always the “managers fault”.
I was going to watch it, but am still waiting on Amazon delivering my chemical shower.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I’ve downloaded this to watch over the next few days

Sky_Blue_Daz

I watched the first 4 episodes the chief executive likes himself a bit #chocolate

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Just got Netflix today and downloaded this to watch over the next few weeks.
What other sports docs are recommended from Netflix?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Juventus doc is good.

Last Chance U if you like NFL.

Downloaded both of them!
Not a massive NFL fan but I’ve got time for any of these behind the scenes sports docs.

Just watched the first episode of the Sunderland one, this CEO is irritating me already!

AlansEyes

I did enjoy seeing Coleman square up to one of their supporters after they were relegated.

Interesting series. I didn't follow how they were doing last season, but they paint Coleman in a positive light. Jack Rodwell came out of it badly for not tearing his contract up in January - I wonder how many of the supporters slagging him off on there would rip up a 70K a week contract from their employer.

Brighton Sky Blue

I did enjoy seeing Coleman square up to one of their supporters after they were relegated.

Interesting series. I didn't follow how they were doing last season, but they paint Coleman in a positive light. Jack Rodwell came out of it badly for not tearing his contract up in January - I wonder how many of the supporters slagging him off on there would rip up a 70K a week contract from their employer.

Still don't get why they didn't even entertain using him when it was going to shit

Covstu

Enjoyed it. Coleman comes across as a lovely man but terrible manager
The director of the series was on talksport yesterday. He is a die hard Sunderland fan and defended Coleman to the hilt. He said you could see that he had no chance in an absolute poisonous club that needed gutting from top to bottom and nothing to spend apart from loan kids.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Just finished the series, blimey when the rot sets into a club (CCFC) it’s impossible to reverse in a short period of time!

Even when Coleman came in the players heads had gone despite the fresh start! He came across well!

Jonny Williams seems like a nice lad (just joined Charlton).

Also shows how much slagging players impacts their confidence that ashley Fletcher seemed so fragile and his biggest issue was the fact he was 6”3 but soft as anything but people expected him to be a bully (see JCH).

You forget how much of a role the backroom
Staff play chefs, kitmen, office staff etc and how relegation probably effects them most with redundancies etc.

Good watch (only irk was the crowd and manager shots to happenings on the pitch being from various different games!) and did I read right there is another one to come on this season?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Before the guy called Coleman “a prick” which made him lose his head what did the other guy say I rewound it half a dozen times but couldn’t pick it up.

Rodwell yep, sad to see but he was happy just to be sat in the gym and floating around the club.

Amazing as well on the transfer day episodes how many players don’t go even on loan even based on their league position!

Also how garbage were all 3 keepers, when you’re up against it you really concede some crap goals!

Last edited:

no_loyalty

Just finished watching it, although they were relegated I didn't think Coleman did that badly with what he had to work with. Very surprised someone like Cattlemole didn't deck Rodwell for being such an arrogant prick.

I didn't realise just how bad Lee Camp was, makes Burge look like Schmeichel.

ccfcrob

Coleman came across brilliantly however the editing was comical throughout. Game footage of Sunderland playing someone (cant remember who) and cuts to Darren Gibson playing against a totally different oppostion. Also early doors when they beat Norwich at Carrow Road they showed fans celebrating at the Stadium of Light and clips of their dugout. Also everytime Sunderland go 1-0 down the boos (that are coming from thousands are comical) especially if they are at Brentford. Thousands of people have never booed after going 1-0 down in the 4th minute at home, let alone every single match. Apart from them issues that really really annoyed me, i thought it was very good. Cant blame Jack Rodwell tbh although it maybe morally wrong. Nice to see them looking like they have turned a corner (Albeit with their somewhat negative opinion of us)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Coleman came across brilliantly however the editing was comical throughout. Game footage of Sunderland playing someone (cant remember who) and cuts to Darren Gibson playing against a totally different oppostion. Also early doors when they beat Norwich at Carrow Road they showed fans celebrating at the Stadium of Light and clips of their dugout. Also everytime Sunderland go 1-0 down the boos (that are coming from thousands are comical) especially if they are at Brentford. Thousands of people have never booed after going 1-0 down in the 4th minute at home, let alone every single match. Apart from them issues that really really annoyed me, i thought it was very good. Cant blame Jack Rodwell tbh although it maybe morally wrong. Nice to see them looking like they have turned a corner (Albeit with their somewhat negative opinion of us)

Yeah the crowd, player and managing editing was my main gripe, drove me mad!

Users who are viewing this thread