Summer Transfer Window (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

How many players do you think we'll sign? SISU, PHIV or anyone.

Where do you think we need to strengthen?

Where do you think we'll come next season?

LarryGrayson

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
How certain are you that the club wont still be under embargo?

so as it stands
- none (but we need to ship out at least 6 and get in another striker, someone to drive the team in mid field and some real pace so 3 in)
- all but goal keeper
- somewhere in L1 hopefully ...... should be top6 but somehow we seem to settle on obscurity season after season

Sorry I cant be more positive SBT

ggrady

Saying we need to strengthen every where is wrong. We have the best goal scorer in the league up front. We don't need a replacement for bakes and in cm we just need to get them playing they have proved they can do it. At the back we need a new CB and that probably it. A CB and a left winger

LarryGrayson

Saying we need to strengthen every where is wrong. We have the best goal scorer in the league up front.

hell be goin an cant do it by himself anyway look what happens when his injured

We don't need a replacement for bakes and in cm we just need to get them playing they have proved they can do it. At the back we need a new CB and that probably it. A CB and a left winger

the mnidfield have bin pretty crap all season i reckon mate baileys off end of season an i reckon bakerll go too

SkyBlue_Bear83

No idea

Centre back, both wings, centre midfield and striker

We should be getting top 6 but I wouldn't be surprised with anywhere between 10th and 14th, not to make the play offs next season would be a disaster as it has been this season

djpalms23

we need 2-3 players .... a winger, someone with pace who can run at people cause problems, these kind of players dont need skill just the ability cause panic to full backs .... a centre defender that is commanding, a leader and someone that is going to kick the likes of Paddy Madden, Clayton Donaldson etc instead of being run raggid by them .... and lastly a creative midfielder/forward, we're blessed with holding midfielders in jennings, Thomas and Barton but we need someone other than Moussa to bridge that gap between midfiled and attack, to many times Leon Clarke is isolated up front and to many times at the start of the season Goldie came to deep.

under SISU you may get this in the form of 31-34yr olds coming to the end of their careers on a free like Kilbane, Stewart etc .. but hopefully under new investment maybe we can get half decent players in building for the future ...

for the time being though we're where we are under this embargo so we can only dream, and if its only dreaming we're doing then the players i'd bring in are Scott Dann , Jay Tabb and the man himself David McGoldrick.

ggrady

I still think if we have a decent start and no points deduction the current squad should make top 6

Mucca Mad Boys

How certain are you that the club wont still be under embargo?

so as it stands
- none (but we need to ship out at least 6 and get in another striker, someone to drive the team in mid field and some real pace so 3 in)
- all but goal keeper
- somewhere in L1 hopefully ...... should be top6 but somehow we seem to settle on obscurity season after season

Sorry I cant be more positive SBT

I think we'll be in a similar position as last season, might miss out on a couple of targets, but we'll sign players.

Realistically, only CB (2 or 3 depends), RM, LM (at least 1) and possibly a striker.

Depending on how good the signings are, we should achieve top 6 easily, pushing top 2.

Mucca Mad Boys

we need 2-3 players .... a winger, someone with pace who can run at people cause problems, these kind of players dont need skill just the ability cause panic to full backs .... a centre defender that is commanding, a leader and someone that is going to kick the likes of Paddy Madden, Clayton Donaldson etc instead of being run raggid by them .... and lastly a creative midfielder/forward, we're blessed with holding midfielders in jennings, Thomas and Barton but we need someone other than Moussa to bridge that gap between midfiled and attack, to many times Leon Clarke is isolated up front and to many times at the start of the season Goldie came to deep.

under SISU you may get this in the form of 31-34yr olds coming to the end of their careers on a free like Kilbane, Stewart etc .. but hopefully under new investment maybe we can get half decent players in building for the future ...

for the time being though we're where we are under this embargo so we can only dream, and if its only dreaming we're doing then the players i'd bring in are Scott Dann , Jay Tabb and the man himself David McGoldrick.

Based on what? Last window we only signed 1 player over the age of 30 - Kilbane - signing Barton, Moussa, Bailey, Adams and Fleck. We only signed Stewart as a last minute cover LB.

I'd like to see Lobjoit be promoted to the bench and Thomas to start alongside Barton and Fleck in CM.

Mucca Mad Boys

well if the admins report ant till mid may an then sumwons gotta put a bid together have it checked an accepted it wont happen less sisu buy us back an if they do you reckon theyl sell enuff season tickets for players

SISU signed a lot of players this season, so even if they are still here, I think we'll sign players.

djpalms23

Based on what? Last window we only signed 1 player over the age of 30 - Kilbane - signing Barton, Moussa, Bailey, Adams and Fleck. We only signed Stewart as a last minute cover LB

how much money went on buying these players?? bearing in mind Thorn and Robins were promised investment from SISU to get players. they only got what was free, fitted the wage bill and needed game time by means of loan

brinner

daft questions to ask while under administration, we may have to sign a whole new team at the end of it if it drags on.

Mucca Mad Boys

Based on what? Last window we only signed 1 player over the age of 30 - Kilbane - signing Barton, Moussa, Bailey, Adams and Fleck. We only signed Stewart as a last minute cover LB

how much money went on buying these players?? bearing in mind Thorn and Robins were promised investment from SISU to get players. they only got what was free, fitted the wage bill and needed game time by means of loan

We got very good free transfers, Moussa, Fleck, Adams, Clarke, Jennings all prove you don't need to spend money to get a player. It doesn't matter how much we spent, it matters if they are good or not, quick example, Eastwood cost 1.25m, he was shit. We don't have the money to spend money on every player we get, and I'd say it doesn't help that Thorn was wasteful with his resources: Kilbane, Brown, Ball, Edj, Malaga, Elliott were all a waste of limited resources. Investment doesn't necessarily mean money transfers, Fisher said in January, signing 3 of 4 (the big 4) would be good, I thought that was realistic, we signed Moussa, Adams and Bailey, and replaced McG with Leon, is there any complaints!?

Mucca Mad Boys

daft questions to ask while under administration, we may have to sign a whole new team at the end of it if it drags on.

I disagree, there is a decent chance this situation will be resolved, either way, by the transfer window, or failing that, a couple of weeks into the window.

brinner

I disagree, there is a decent chance this situation will be resolved, either way, by the transfer window, or failing that, a couple of weeks into the window.
when that day comes we can talk about signing players, but until that day arrives we need to pray the administrator dosent sell every decent 1 we have left!

blueflint

fair play rules come in next season then we will off load and cut costs again

stupot07

The wage bill will need to be trimmed whoever is in charge, and that may require a high turnover of players in the summer. All this is obviously subject to whether we are still under a transfer embargo.

SkyBlueCharlie

We'll be out of admin by then I think. With or without SISU.

I really hope you are right.
If that's the case then I think there will be very little movement in and several out. If we continue with SP as manager then I expect to see several of the youngsters being given an extended run in the first team. If we do make signings then I would like to see a strong, physical CM that can boss that area, in the style of Doyle etc. and an experienced striker to take some of the load off Leon Clarke and allow the younger strikers to develop without too much pressure on them. (With modern managers favouring the lone striker I think it has become the most difficult position in the team, the player needs to be an instinctive goal scorer, have the ability to hold the ball up and play others in etc., etc., and the fans expectation generally does not give young players the time to develop in that area....and I'm not getting at City fans here.)

I thought that this year would be a consolidation year but after all of the off-field problems I think that we will be doing that next season so I would expect to see a top 10 position with the outside possibility of the play-offs.

If, however we're still in admin, then all bets are off!

LJC_CCFC

PACE, PACE, PACE we lack pace and have for a number of years...especially at this level it can make the difference...look at Walsall on Monday; Paterson, Brandy and Westcarr killed our back four with their pace and trickery...we only have Moussa who is reasonably quick in attack

Nonleagueherewecome

Minus twelvty. At least.

Users who are viewing this thread