summer takeover? (1 Viewer)

aviles

so heres a thought.

the TM deal gets me excited ! not in a sexual way (well maybe a little)

but he is in charge untill the end of the season meaning.... new owners can come in and bring their own manager in and not have to worry about paying TM off if they dont want him!

With these new tv rights coming into play there is a hell of alot of money to be made in the premier league right now. Rumours being that finishing last place in the premier league will get you around abouts what the winner of the premier league is currently getting. HUGE SELLING POINT (hence the big caps lock!)

we dont own a ground or in the summer we dont own many players either! which again could be a good thing gives whoever is in charge to put his team together straight away and not piss about trying to free up wages.

as we all know sisu are pissing away money they cannot continue when they are not willing to invest. However this new tv deal means they can probably sell the club for a little more money to try and cut their losses.

and then we have a couple of years to get to the prem for when this deal kicks in !

yes i know im an idiot but idiots have dreams too also that idiot byng has been piping up a lot recently !!

Glen

DREAM DREAM DREAM, but if you don't have a dream you will never have a dream come true.
Can see other clubs being taken over before us, we have no assetts of any value.

aviles

then again it could just be TM is using us as a stepping stone and thinking if we get relegated then fuck it i will leave and if he keeps us up he will think fuck it iv proven what i can do i will go to a bigger club ! we will see !

Hobo

Another thread of pure speculation and no factual content.

skybluetony176

Are the rumours just based on the fact that a lot of contracts don't run past this summer?

I think so. Personally I think this actually makes it less likely as they're diminishing the assets not raising them. Surely if they're going to sell they'd be adding value not the other way round?

steveecov

What SISU Capital Ltd has in cash reserves has nothing to do with what has or is invested in CCFC. The "investment" was done with their clients money.

Blimey. Surely nobody thought they used their own money. They would have a totally different stance if it meant no food on the table.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
There are a lot of things pointing to some sort of change this summer but it isn't clear what.

It could be they just chop the lot and wind it up - unlikely but it is an option

It could be they put it on the market - not sure they will want to lose control whilst CCFC can pay interest to ARVO

It could be they put it in administration - but whats the point because they (ARVO/SBS&L/SISU) are the biggest creditors and control the company

it could be they let it all bump along slowly finding a level in L2 but not costing any more finance

It could be they install a new ownership that is favourable to SISU - allowing them to sit in the background away from the fans etc taking their interest and possible capital return on success. A Trojan Horse kind of set up

Take your pick - but these are intelligent people so they will have some option worked out to maximise what they can get or minimise future loss

Personally I think it is time for a clean sweep, new owners with no connection to past involved parties (be that connected to SISU or Hoffman or Ranson etc) and a new structure with some element of ownership for the fans. No I do not mean fan control but it needs to feel like the club belongs to its fans in some way and that those controlling it are properly responsible for their actions - so why shouldn't the fans own 10% or 20% or something like that? We cant go back to what hasn't worked so far, something has to change doesn't it? Yes easier said than done but that doesn't mean it is not possible

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Are the rumours just based on the fact that a lot of contracts don't run past this summer?

I think SISU are just playing it year by year at the moment, they could be gone next year or in 6 years depending on what happens. They seem to definitely be not committing to anything beyond a year or two so they can make a quick exit if needs be.

steveecov

There are a lot of things pointing to some sort of change this summer but it isn't clear what.

It could be they just chop the lot and wind it up - unlikely but it is an option

It could be they put it on the market - not sure they will want to lose control whilst CCFC can pay interest to ARVO

It could be they put it in administration - but whats the point because they (ARVO/SBS&L/SISU) are the biggest creditors and control the company

it could be they let it all bump along slowly finding a level in L2 but not costing any more finance

It could be they install a new ownership that is favourable to SISU - allowing them to sit in the background away from the fans etc taking their interest and possible capital return on success. A Trojan Horse kind of set up

Take your pick - but these are intelligent people so they will have some option worked out to maximise what they can get or minimise future loss

Personally I think it is time for a clean sweep, new owners with no connection to past involved parties (be that connected to SISU or Hoffman or Ranson etc) and a new structure with some element of ownership for the fans. No I do not mean fan control but it needs to feel like the club belongs to its fans in some way and that those controlling it are properly responsible for their actions - so why shouldn't the fans own 10% or 20% or something like that? We cant go back to what hasn't worked so far, something has to change doesn't it? Yes easier said than done but that doesn't mean it is not possible

Much as I would love somebody totally new (with no CCFC blood on their hands) coming in; can't help but feel there is no White Knight in the picture. So it might bullet point 4...same old same old.

Would love to be wrong. Geez we deserve some GOOD fortune.

Grendel

I have a sinking feeling OSB's theory about a "friendly" takeover is a real possibility and we can all guess by who.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
perhaps instead of waiting for someone to ride in on a white horse the fans should start the ball rolling and try to attract credible investors by being credible investors themselves as a single group?

just thinking out loud really..... but agree it wont be easy, it might not be possible

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I have a sinking feeling OSB's theory about a "friendly" takeover is a real possibility and we can all guess by who.

that's my gut feeling G and mine sinks too...... very worrying if it were to happen

stupot07

My guess is that sisu will still be here next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'm guessing you mean Byng?

Could be a real possibility, easy way to get the fans back onside as well as Byng would be heralded a hero for ending the SISU reign.

LB87ccfc

I'm guessing you mean Byng?

Could be a real possibility, easy way to get the fans back onside as well as Byng would be heralded a hero for ending the SISU reign.

Byng bong who spouts shit on twitter trying to get some attention whilst having nowhere near the finances to engage sisu into even being tempted...

Grendel

Byng bong who spouts shit on twitter trying to get some attention whilst having nowhere near the finances to engage sisu into even being tempted...

But has been seen with ccFC board members on more than one occasion.

torchomatic

Still waiting for the December 2011 takeover promised by Richard Keys. Hold on a minute....

There's been rumours since we went down. Bugger all happens though.

Users who are viewing this thread