Suggestions for the CCFC review (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Ok so we all have ideas we can contribute ...... from the small savings or marketing to the more grandiose. So perhaps it is time to start focusing forward rather than tearing each other apart looking at the past

So what ideas do you have. This is not a "kick SISU out" is the solution thread - we would all want them to move on but that doesn't necessarily deal with the practicalities of making our club viable. Personally am going to suggest things based on what is but many of the suggestions can equally be applied to new owners. But just be clear I think SISU should go but it isnt as simple as that statement sounds

Finances
- come out and be clear about how they stand
- policy of having accounts done within 6 months of year end
- SISU cant get the loan back in full so convert either all or most of it to shares, improve how the balance sheet looks. Reduce the level of risk, take away the threat of an interest charge, invest in making the club successful not just the prospect of repaying the loan
- after conversion issue more shares and make available to fans and others so that they own at least 15% of the club, ring fence that money as money to invest in the squad. Such an issue of shares puts money into the club not SISU, buying shares from SISU would not (15% doesnt give any real control but it does carry certain rights for minorities)
- develop not hinder a relationship with ACL, Council & Charity. One thing not mentioned on here over weekend is that Gidney from ACL and TF both made a point of saying how supportive everyone was of CCFC. Lets see some initiatives where they are all working publically together

Team side
- AT might not be my choice but TF is right about the number of managers we have had and retaining AT to give him a chance. Too many changes 30 managers since we were last in division 3 (48 years ago) - thats quite staggering. So make the choice and go with it for a couple of years - seems presently AT gets the vote
- We need to back the manager with some funds (see above for perhaps a way to do it)..... but it has to be realistic, focussed and planned. Set a realistic budget and if the owners have no more funds to put in tell us and tell us why.
- give all the youngsters a 2 year contract from now with a club choice option for 1 year extension to be taken 12 months from now. The youngsters are our future but we dont want to be locked in to those that wont make it. Also gives us a chance of fees if they do move on
- If a player isn't willing to sign re sign a contract with 12 months to go transfer list him, he can still play but make others aware of his availability cash in on it
- focus on the academy as a long term player solution, invest in it properly and never again put it at risk of closure

Marketing the club with supporters
- more deals 2 for 1, bring a friend, kids free etc......... the more we have in the ground the better the atmosphere for everyone including the players
- more fans forums with less restrictive pre vetted questions
- offer them shares in the club
- have gift days ......... where those city fans turning up get a gift at the turnstiles

The Board
- look at what expertise is being brought to the club by each
- have a clear plan
- follow through on what you say by deeds that match it
- if there is a problem come out and say it
- i have no problem with the board being a mouth piece for SISU or any other owner so long as they tell the Board what is going on in the first place, from what TF has said SISU dont tell him much either.
- Let the fans know the roles and duties of each Board member (i will be honest I do not see what purpose Clarke serves or what benefit he brings, he appears to be a source of friction from what i understand - ccfc fan or not i would see him gone yet he is doing the review with TF)

Thats some ideas, there must be more. Take a bigger picture than just SISU out and think about knowing the problems how you would start to solve them as an owner/director

Last edited:

stupot07

Some great points OSB.

A couple I'd like to add.

- A football charter - what do we stand for, how do we want the football to be played over the long term, etc. along with all those changes of managers has come changes in tactics, style and ethos of football. AT tippy tappy v AB hoofball, that makes long term player acquisition planning difficult. Look at swansea - Martinez, Sousa, Rodgers - the footballing style hasn't changed dramatically and a lot of those player in the PL played for Martinez in league one.

- benchmarking exercise both financially and also in terms of playing staff, support staff, etc. what are the ingredients that have made the teams that have been promoted from league one successful, player type, characteristics, tactics, etc? Where did they find those players, etc.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Good points stupot

A while back there was a statement from the Everton CEO (I think) giving a thorough review of things - a regular statement like that would be good from the club

Ccfcsj

Some really good points here.

Does anybody have a contact within the club (the higher the better) that these sort of suggestions can be passed to?

Ideally these need to be answered before the 12th of next month as that's when season ticket holders need to renew by to guarantee our seats.

Users who are viewing this thread