Substitutions (1 Viewer)

sylus

When taking off Shipley and bringing on JCH,why did Robins move Hiwula back over to the left,he was by far our biggest threat upfront,he could of easily moved Chaplin over to the left and partnered JCH with Hiwula,it would of meant two physical forwards upfront,posing a bigger problem for Southend,there were other options to he could of took as well, move Bayliss out to the left and bring either Doyle or Andreu in the middle to partner Kelly,i'm glad he kept Bayliss where he was though,but still.
Also didn't anyone else think the McCallum sub was a bit strange too,taking off Mason,he could of moved Sterling over to the left and then bring on Grimmer,at that point Southend were pushing more forward for the equaliser,i just thought at the time we had options to keep our strength but without losing our attacking threat either.Yes we won and i'm glad we did,but it could of been different. a special mention for Westbrooke he had a great debut,the lad did well,my Motm though..Sterling.

Bristol sky blue

Sylus, I agree with you regarding pushing Hiwula out on the left. He clearly isn't comfortable there and is possibly the most natural finisher we've got.

I wonder if Chaplin would be worth starting on the left? Though I like Shipley's workrate I reckon he is a L2 player, not L1. If we see Chaplin as a provider rather than finisher I wonder if his confidence will grow. He has provided a few assists from that side already this season. Still puzzled about Allesani not being a start there though...

Anyway, I am not critical of Robins. Overall I think he has done a grand job and we are lucky to have him here.

Terry_dactyl

At the start of the season I’d assumed allesani was a shoo in for a start, given some of the hype around him...I’m pretty sure he didn’t even make the bench against Scunthorpe. Seems strange that Westbrooke, whom I thought played more centrally, would be given a start instead...having said that it sounds like he did ok.

Users who are viewing this thread