Striker Confidence (1 Viewer)

Ccfc1979

Most strikers are confidence players. We have had a lot of players who have scored goals elsewhere. So why do we rip them out the team as quick as possible or play them out wide? McDonald, in my opinion, should be in every week for ten games plus. Same thing happened with Eastwood, McSheff, Morrell, etc. even going back to Aloisi, Moldovan, and more. Why do we do it?!

Sick Boy

Morrell!?!!

Also, there was a reason why Mick Mccarthy so was keen to offload Eastwood to us and not let us get him in on loan first. I remember people were mocking him and praising Ranson & SISU for bringing in such talent.

None of the players you have mentioned are really all that good (apart from Aloisi, but GS was too stubborn to play him), the ones who have been have gone on to bigger and better things. It is not as though we ruined the careers of Dublin, Keane & Huckerby etc.

Last edited:

Ccfc1979

The point I was trying to make is that they come here having scored a lot previously and then we sign them on that basis but never give anyone an extended run up front. Not saying they'd have scored 30+ just saying no one gets a run to prove they're shit...or worth it. It takes 3 years of intermittent games or playing on the wing to find out!

Sick Boy

Mcsheffrey scored his most goals from the left-wing as well when playing for Adams, a position he also played at Birmingham.

The best finisher we have had at the club since we were relegated from the Premiership was deemed lazy and booed at any possible opportunity, despite scoring quite a few goals. He was in a long line of players who have been labelled 'lazy' though......:whistle:

Ccfc1979

Mcsheffrey scored his most goals from the left-wing as well when playing for Adams, a position he also played at Birmingham.

The best finisher we have had at the club since we were relegated from the Premiership was deemed lazy and booed at any possible opportunity, despite scoring quite a few goals. He was in a long line of players who have been labelled 'lazy' though......:whistle:

I agree. Imagine the lazy Stern John or the sleeping Leon Best now.

Users who are viewing this thread