strange things that happen (1 Viewer)

Covkid1968#

i hate premiership football but I promised Mrs CK1968 that we would get up Goodison to see the people’s club. So thought I’d add some interest for myself and so am going to see Everton v Leics on New Year’s Day.

Feck me.... I get a letter from Barclays the day after booking the tickets saying I’d hit some points tally and had been awarded 2 tickets to a premiership game .....Everton v Leics

I’m not religious or believe things are mapped out for you but How the feck do these coincidences happen.... is there some greater being and we are part of some sort of piss taking game.

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff. Fecking £50 I could have spent on beer.... or at a push the kids over Xmas

Otis

Greatest coincidence I can ever recall was covered in a TV programme about coincidences. I might not have all the exact facts correct, but a boss of a firm had to be somewhere miles away from his office and so left the office and went to his destination.

During the day someone from his office needed to contact him and so tried to ring him.

The office worker though, when looking for his phone number, read the wrong number off a form and instead dialed a reference number on the sheet.

It rang to a phone box. A man walking past the phone box answered the call after seeing it constantly ringing.

He picked up the receiver and the woman started to talk to him as if he was the boss and started discussing her query.

Only trouble was, the person who answered the phone box call WAS her boss. The reference number she had was identical to the phone number of the call box.

The boss was stunned as to how she managed to get in contact with him via a pay phone .

Last edited:

oucho

i hate premiership football but I promised Mrs CK1968 that we would get up Goodison to see the people’s club. So thought I’d add some interest for myself and so am going to see Everton v Leics on New Year’s Day.

Feck me.... I get a letter from Barclays the day after booking the tickets saying I’d hit some points tally and had been awarded 2 tickets to a premiership game .....Everton v Leics

I’m not religious or believe things are mapped out for you but How the feck do these coincidences happen.... is there some greater being and we are part of some sort of piss taking game.

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff. Fecking £50 I could have spent on beer.... or at a push the kids over Xmas
Tell me more about these Barclays points of which you speak.....

christonabike

Christ! And people often have a go at be for going to mass and being a good catholic! (Apart from wanking drinking and swearing too much!)
I had my car written off last November and the car went to a salvage company called Copart. An international company that deals all over the world inc Dubai etc. My old car went to their gaff in wombourbe near Wolverhampton.
10 months on I did a diagnostic job for a bloke and long story short he bought my car on Boxing Day and repaired it ran it for a few months and sold it on!
Scary stuff.
I sold him the service history and spare key for him to sell to the new owner lol!

Covkid1968#

Tell me more about these Barclays points of which you speak.....

No idea....Mrs Manages the accounts so I’ll ask her...but part of premier rewards. Banks never give anything away but in fairness it is Leicester City!!!!!!!

upload_2018-12-21_23-9-50.png upload_2018-12-21_23-9-50.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-21_23-7-21.jpeg
    upload_2018-12-21_23-7-21.jpeg
    178.9 KB · Views: 9
  • upload_2018-12-21_23-7-21.png
    upload_2018-12-21_23-7-21.png
    384.4 KB · Views: 10

Covkid1968#

hill83

I was just thinking I’ve not read a total nonsense thread on here for a while and lo and behold.......

olderskyblue

At the end of a boxing night party, i called Jim, my usual taxi driver, to get a lift home. By mistake, I dialled a mate's number instead. He was just getting out of Jim's taxi !!

He passed his phone over to Jim so i could book my ride home.

Covkid1968#

I was just thinking I’ve not read a total nonsense thread on here for a while and lo and behold.......
‘‘Tis the season for a nonsense thread

Covkid1968#

Bought a boat couple of years back.... just a plastic cruiser to cruise between pubs (in a non gay way)
Posted on the canal and riverboat trust asking for advice on repairing the fibreglass after I bumped it. Must be 1000’s of members. I got 3 responses and one of those turned out to be s bloke from Manchester who bought my boat brand new. I never mentioned what boat it was so how the feck does this happen....a 1985 boat sold to a guy in Bristol in 94 who sold it to a guy in Stratford who sold it to me. Told me it’s original name and when I rubbed the front down... sure enough the name Christina was there. No log books with boats so this confirmed he wasn’t blagging.

Nick

Administrator
Bought a boat couple of years back.... just a plastic cruiser to cruise between pubs (in a non gay way)
Posted on the canal and riverboat trust asking for advice on repairing the fibreglass after I bumped it. Must be 1000’s of members. I got 3 responses and one of those turned out to be s bloke from Manchester who bought my boat brand new. I never mentioned what boat it was so how the feck does this happen....a 1985 boat sold to a guy in Bristol in 94 who sold it to a guy in Stratford who sold it to me. Told me it’s original name and when I rubbed the front down... sure enough the name Christina was there. No log books with boats so this confirmed he wasn’t blagging.
Do you do beer rides down the Thames?

Covkid1968#

Do you do beer rides down the Thames?
I do....but from north leics....in fact Im just marketing an all inclusive beer and food one that leaves the river Soar on the morning of a game and arrives in London a week later.....regardless of whether we are playing there or not!!

Nick

Administrator
I do....but from north leics....in fact Im just marketing an all inclusive beer and food one that leaves the river Soar on the morning of a game and arrives in London a week later.....regardless of whether we are playing there or not!!
You should market it to the fans group being set up over your way!

Otis

We had a new door fitted at our old property a few years back.

They handed my missus the keys when they were done.

On one side of the key was the name of key manufacturer company and on the other, a 4 digit number for the key product code.

My wife went a bit ashen, because the name of the company on the key was the same as her own name and the the 4 digit product code was the same as her banking pin number.

Last edited:

skybluesam66

one morning in august a few years ago my wife woke up and asked
Is Princess Diana dead? - I said no - she then said - is somebody else Royal dead - I said no - She said She had a very vivid dream

The very next day we woke up and she had died!!

Covkid1968#

one morning in august a few years ago my wife woke up and asked
Is Princess Diana dead? - I said no - she then said - is somebody else Royal dead - I said no - She said She had a very vivid dream

The very next day we woke up and she had died!!
That must have been awful for you ..... first she has a weird dream and next day she passes away.

Covkid1968#

On one side of the key was the name of key manufacturer company and in the other, a 4 digit number for the key product code.

My wife went a bit ashen, because the name of the company on the key was the same as her own name and the the 4 digit product code was the same as her banking pin number.
I’m telling thee ..... there is some seriously weird shit going on that just shouldn’t or wouldn’t happen

Leamington Pete

On one side of the key was the name of key manufacturer company and on the other, a 4 digit number for the key product code.

So now we know. Otis Yale.

Sky Blue Harry H

Two of my old bosses who worked together - one a family man, and the other, a (then) confirmed bachelor (and a real oddbod) independently both booked a strange holiday in some weird retreat on/by Mount Olympus, and had to spend a fortnight unable to escape someone they worked the rest of the year with. Somehow neither had mentioned to the other where they were going to. One of them was married to one of my favourite ever names (one for the footie fans) ...….Edna Ball (I kid you not!)

Otis

I think I have mentioned my own personal coincidence before.

My wife and I have the exact same birthday.

She is from Volgograd, I am from Coventry. Volgograd is Coventry's twin city.

My brother and her sister have the exact same birthday.

My wife's dad worked in aviation. My dad worked in aviation.

Her mum and dad met at a dance, my mum and dad met at a dance ( that was a way many couples met though back in their day apparently).

When I heard of all this coincidence I thought it must be written in the stars.

Unfortunately I was right. :(

Nick

Administrator
I keep seeing the thread title and thinking "have you ever, ever felt like this?"

114.jpg

tommydazzle

Get a grip you merchants of woo. It's just statistics. Humans are very good at seeing patterns and attaching meaning where it's not needed. For instance, you only need 24 people in a room for it to be more likely than not that any two will share a birthday. In a room of 75 people and it's almost certain (over 99%). Not that spooky that people share birthdays.

When conspiracy bores say to me that they don't believe in coincidences I always reply, that's funny neither do I.

Otis

Get a grip you merchants of woo. It's just statistics. Humans are very good at seeing patterns and attaching meaning where it's not needed. For instance, you only need 24 people in a room for it to be more likely than not that any two will share a birthday. In a room of 75 people and it's almost certain (over 99%). Not that spooky that people share birthdays.

When conspiracy bores say to me that they don't believe in coincidences I always reply, that's funny neither do I.
Erm...... well, I am well into my 50's plus and I have only ever met two people who had the same birthday as me.

tommydazzle

Do you ask everyone you've ever met their birthday? Anyway unless your birthday is Feb 29 you share it in the UK with around 190,000 others. Obviously millions worldwide. Guess what, the thousands of babies born every day all share the same birthday! The point is that coincidences happen and we ignore all the stuff that doesn't fit.

Otis

Do you ask everyone you've ever met their birthday? Anyway unless your birthday is Feb 29 you share it in the UK with around 190,000 others. Obviously millions worldwide. Guess what, the thousands of babies born every day all share the same birthday! The point is that coincidences happen and we ignore all the stuff that doesn't fit.
No, agree. I am not saying there is something weird or magical about it. Coincidences happen. Doesn't mean we shouldn't highlight them though.

You have to admit my story is a surprising number of coincidences.

On first meeting my missus ....

'Where you from?'

'Volgograd.'

'Oh. Coventry's twin city.'

'Yes. We learned about Coventry at school.'

'So when's your birthday?'

'29th February.'

'Really? Mine too.'

'And it's my sister's birthday on the 26th February,'

'My brother's the 26th February as well!'

'What does your dad do for a living?'

'He works in aviation.'

'Oh. So does my dad as well.'

That's some sequence of coincidence. I'm not saying it is anything other than coincidence though. I am a massive fan of Derren Brown, so I think that tells you all you need to know about my stance on the matter.

tommydazzle

Also you might think that you would need very many more than 24 to make it more likely than not that 2 people would share a birthday but this is again showing that human intuition in these things is often flawed.

tommydazzle

Sorry Otis classic coincidence cherry picking. Did your mothers do the same job? Are there any other siblings and do they match? Obviously I could come up with an infinite number of variables which won't be significant. And what about other previous girlfriends, did they all come from Volgograd and share your birthday? Didn't think so. Glad you agree though that it's nothing magical!

Otis

Sorry Otis classic coincidence cherry picking. Did your mothers do the same job? Are there any other siblings and do they match? Obviously I could come up with an infinite number of variables which won't be significant. And what about other previous girlfriends, did they all come from Volgograd and share your birthday? Didn't think so. Glad you agree though that it's nothing magical!
Yep. Mum's worked at the same place too.

And she only has the one sibling.

Definitely nothing magical about it, but never ever had so many coincidences in my life before.

Of course they happen all the time. Some though probably only ever happen once, such as the boss answering a call for him on a payphone in error.

Nick

Administrator
Yep. Mum's worked at the same place too.

And she only has the one sibling.

Definitely nothing magical about it, but never ever had so many coincidences in my life before.

Of course they happen all the time. Some though probably only ever happen once, such as the boss answering a call for him on a payphone in error.

Or you have married your sister?

giphy.gif

Gazolba

A couple of years ago I took my daughters on a holiday from Phoenix to California.
On the way we stopped for a snack at a McDonalds in a tiny town off the highway.
In the restaurant, we bumped into my eldest daughter's boss from the hospital she worked at in Phoenix.
It turned out he was coming back from the very same California town that we were headed to.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

This is when the men in white coats take me away.

August 30th 2000 (11 years old) I’m cycling home from a mates house, cross a busy main road at traffic lights as I get to the path on other side a dog runs in front of my bike, I slam brakes on (no dog there) I think I’m nuts cycle home, tell my mum about the ‘dog’ but later in the day I’m in the hall in our house and I see through the frosted front door a man (similar stature to my grandad who’d died a few months previously) walking up the path I go and open the door nobody there I’m thinking WTF!? My mum asks what I’m doing tell her she must be thinking WTF as well.

Anyway day later back on the way back from my mates house crossing the same road I slammed my brakes on a car goes through a set of red lights hits me at witnesses/Police believe 25-35 mph I come down on my head end up in hospital quite luckily with a few breaks but tbh should have been killed. Same road 2 people were killed at similar speeds in the months before and after me.

Not into fate/guardian angel stuff but with what happened the day before always stuck with me of a potential guardian angel/warning sign!

Right where’s my meds!

Nick

Administrator
Had one a bit like that with my daughter when she was really young saying she had seen her grandad who had died a good few years before and knowing how he died (nobody had ever told her or gone into the details she seemed to know). She was about 3 at the time and it happened a couple of times.

Users who are viewing this thread