Strange lights to the NW. - Meteor Showers (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 4232
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4232

Hey all. Just went out for a quick cigarette, and I saw some really odd bright lights in the sky. The moved really quickly. Too low for shooting stars, but completely silent, so couldn't be jets. It was a large group of roughly a dozen. The best way I can describe them, was like when planes drop flares to scatter locked missiles, but they were moving rapidly in one direction, and as I said, completely silent. Really odd.

D

Deleted member 4232

I'm trying to see on the internet if anyone else had seen this tonight. Would have been 11:00pm on the dot.

Nick

Administrator
A couple of people replied to the tweets:

@SkyBluesTalk my daughter just called me saying she seen the same, really strange
@SkyBluesTalk seen them 2 and I live in Market Harborough?!!? Moved fast!

Plus people are coming onto this post by searching for lights in the sky.

I didn't see it :(

D

Deleted member 4232

I'm not one to normally see these kind of things mate, but I was really odd. I'm still trying to find anything on this. Anyone coming here from a Google search, please post any information. Or hit me at @r86bb

Nick

Administrator
I never get to see anything cool like that :(

People have seen them in Dublin, Sheffield, Wales, Coventry etc. Sounds a bit spooky!

D

Deleted member 4232

It was apparently a meteor shower, by what people are saying.

D

Deleted member 4232

Some great photos from people. I'd post them but I'm on my phone.

Nick

Administrator
image-of-metoer.jpg

metor-from-scotland-500x332.jpg

D

Deleted member 4232

Yeah mate. I live on forfield road, CV6, was out north west ways. Bit of a trip!

Disorganised1

Is that looking over the Brooklands towards the wedge ?

Diehard Si

I saw one while driving home, must have been about 11pm Friday night.

Saw it over the fields by my house, it seemed like a green streaking firework going downwards. I was getting pissed off incase it was kids letting them off over the fields incase it had woken the baby up.

Users who are viewing this thread