Still looking for loans - Fisher (1 Viewer)

guicey15

Coventry City insist they are still looking for players to sign during the emergency loan window after being knocked back in attempts to bring in more forwards.

Manager Andy Thorn said on Thursday he did not expect to have any new additions to his squad as the Sky Blues try to safeguard their Championship status in the final 14 games of the season.

But chief executive Tim Fisher last night said Steve Waggott, brought in to deal with transfers, was still trying to bring in reinforcements.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...ists-tim-fisher-92746-30397496/#ixzz1nI7t63q7

Otis

Something is amiss.

Why does AT believe we won't have any additons? Could it be that the club have said he can but we can only afford peanuts for wages and therefore the quality would be very poor?

J

Jack Griffin

The left hand doesn't seem to know what the right hand is doing.

Delboycov

Don't think AT would've swayed from the 'party line' if there was a chance of bringing anyone in...he knows the score. Seems like a bit of PR damage limitation to me and I can't imagine AT's paymasters being best pleased with his comment as they would've wanted him to continue with the 'no stone left unturned' BS.

hamil99

Facebook User
Maybe thorns had enough and Is finally telling the truth while fisher and co hide behind a smoke screen, bastards.

Otis

Maybe he will get his wrist slapped then for talking out of turn. AT must know the score.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
so what has been said is that we wont accept just anyone and they have to be fit already to play. We havent found anyone that the manager feels would make a difference and some have fallen through, turned us down, stayed where they are or gone some where else. But we continue to look in case something turns up that AT wants and we can afford.

No conspiracy, no double talk, no story really

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I would like it to be known that I am still 'looking' to have a jacuzzi with both Minogue sisters.

But, as with these fabled loan stars, alas I doubt it shall manifest itself in glorious and bubbly reality

Otis

Don't know why Thorn didn't say we were still looking though, rather than hint that that was probably it and we won't be getting anyone. :thinking about:

oakey

Maybe AT isn't getting any loans but they plan to remove him and put someone else in temporary charge.. Oggy or Carsley?

SkyBlue_Bear83

The club can still be looking for loans, without being hopeful of bringing someone in. The statements don't have to be considered contradictory, I agree with what an earlier poster wrote. We are still looking but with our wage budget it is highly unlikely we will bring someone in of sufficient quality.

valiant15

Well why don't these pricks keep their mouths shut and just announce something when a deal is done. I'm sick to my back teeth of hearing the same boring crap every other week. This pathetic football club have had all season to get bodies in and they haven't bothered there arses. Everyone else finds it easy enough. Fecking Amateurs.

torchomatic

Marvellous! I'm one of your biggest fans.

Well why don't these pricks keep their mouths shut and just announce something when a deal is done. I'm sick to my back teeth of hearing the same boring crap every other week. This pathetic football club have had all season to get bodies in and they haven't bothered there arses. Everyone else finds it easy enough. Fecking Amateurs.

Moff

After a week away from Blighty, its heartwarming to return to find fans still squabbling and bickering.

Theres something comforting in that ;)

Thank feck i didnt log on last week, it did me the world of good especially after last weekends 'quality' result.

@richh87

SISU have no intention of getting anyone in unless it's free. Tossers.

Nonleagueherewecome

Tim Fisher really grinds my gears. Is he Paul Clouting's long lost brother or what?!

Nonleagueherewecome

The club can still be looking for loans, without being hopeful of bringing someone in. The statements don't have to be considered contradictory, I agree with what an earlier poster wrote. We are still looking but with our wage budget it is highly unlikely we will bring someone in of sufficient quality.

I'm looking for a new car, but I only have a budget of £5. "I'll keep looking" :whistle:

Nonleagueherewecome

He's not a Wum, he just has a different opinion to yours.

torchomatic

Oh, I was just joshing witcha! This time next week we will have two quality premier league loan strikers. :thinking about:

BTW, I hope you don't mind me commenting on your hometown team, not being from the city and all.

I'm still awaiting a reply from the warwick wum.

valiant15

Torch,this time next We'll have nobody extra you know that so why wind me up all the time? Your welcome to come to the ricoh tomorrow,ko 3pm.

torchomatic

Thanks, I think I will go. Being in the big city will be a little scary though.

Users who are viewing this thread