still 7th (1 Viewer)

LilleSkyBlue

Seems like it was another poor display today, but we're still the 7th best side in the division. Not so bad after all from SP and the lads, given the circumstances?

We've had a bad couple of months, but plenty of teams around us (Swindon, MK Dons, Walsall, Port Vale) haven't won many of their last 10-12 games either.

N.B. I have of course added the ten points back on.

ccfc92

agreed.

but unfortunately if we get relegated by one point or goal difference, we can't just "add the 10 points back on"

ccfcway

I'd argues we shouldnt even be 7th in the 3rd tier of the English Leagues, what with us being the 9th largest city in England

ccfc92

2 team city and they are ahead of us and not happy about where they are at all. Oh, and in the last 8 of FA Cup

but the 8th biggest city in England? and they have only just gone ahead of us. plus we were talking leagues ;)

Astute

you know i meant that they would agrue they shouldnt be in League One, not 8th in the Prem

I think we shouldn't be in Division 3. Do you think we should be?

ccfc92

you know i meant that they would agrue they shouldnt be in League One, not 8th in the Prem

sorry, I thought you meant from your first post you meant we SHOULD be 9th in the prem. I can see why people argue with city size etc, but IMO it's irrelevant

ccfcway

sorry, I thought you meant from your first post you meant we SHOULD be 9th in the prem. I can see why people argue with city size etc, but IMO it's irrelevant

on the whole, it doesnt influence results on the pitch, but you would think for a city our size, we would have the interst and or investment to ensure we werent 3 points off playing Accrington Stanley next year

LilleSkyBlue

I agree that we shouldn't be mid-table in the third division. It's harder to say where we 'should' be though. Forest, Leeds, Man City, Wolves and the two Sheffields have all been in the third tier in recent history, after all.

I can satisfy myself with thinking we 'should' be 7th, at least for the moment. This bit of whimsy won't save us from going down though, too right.

ccfc92

on the whole, it doesnt influence results on the pitch, but you would think for a city our size, we would have the interst and or investment to ensure we werent 3 points off playing Accrington Stanley next year

You would indeed. Unfortunately we don't have a loyal/consistent fanbase. Portsmouth get 15k in league 2 ffs!!!!!! we averaged 10k last year in league one

stupot07

You would indeed. Unfortunately we don't have a loyal/consistent fanbase. Portsmouth get 15k in league 2 ffs!!!!!! we averaged 10k last year in league one

Very true. Plus and I know I keep banging on about this but a rental deal (however low or whoever owns us) with no access to all matchday and additional revenues means we will consistently have one of the lowest turnovers/income in the championship. Our relegation season our turnover was in the bottom 3-4 despite having better attendances than 9-10 teams, the 3 promoted teams had wage bills circa x3 our entire turnover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

mrtrench

At last! A semantic theoretical argument about where we 'should be' in the table. Where the rules are undefined. I can now die knowing that all is right in the world.

Grendel

2 team city and they are ahead of us and not happy about where they are at all. Oh, and in the last 8 of FA Cup

What about Bristol and Bradford?

Godiva

Very true. Plus and I know I keep banging on about this but a rental deal (however low or whoever owns us) with no access to all matchday and additional revenues means we will consistently have one of the lowest turnovers/income in the championship. Our relegation season our turnover was in the bottom 3-4 despite having better attendances than 9-10 teams, the 3 promoted teams had wage bills circa x3 our entire turnover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

If we could only add the odd £13m revenue from ACL.

dongonzalos

agreed.

but unfortunately if we get relegated by one point or goal difference, we can't just "add the 10 points back on"

Don't see why not. Tim fisher can add 3000 seats to stadiums in a parallel universe, so can he not do the same with points?

J

Jack Griffin

I'd argues we shouldnt even be 7th in the 3rd tier of the English Leagues, what with us being the 9th largest city in England

Yeah a nice & simplistic argument, but lets ignore facts like London has a economy bigger than Sweden and accounts for over 20% of the UK GDP..

Sterling Archer

Size means nothing unfortunately. Look at the apathy shown by the majority of the City towards the football team even prior to the ground move and relegations.

It always shocks me these days (and over the past 8 or 9 years in fairness) just how many Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal etc shirts I see worn by the kids around Coventry.

Godiva

Wonder how much that would be and whether It would be forthcoming?

What is holding us back now is not lack of investment, but lack of FFP revenue.
If we were to include the revenue of ACL we could have a pretty competitive FFP revenue. A good management though would decide not to overspend and let profitability be the first priority. Stíll I am confident the investment and player wage level would be attractive.

Users who are viewing this thread