Stfu! (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

A plight in which you've done your fair share to exacerbate!

Instead of waiting why not try and do something to help our plight!

Otis

I always hope we win. I always hope we won't go down and we will do well. I always hope any manager will succeed.

I quite often think we are going to lose and sometimes (like this season) I think we are going to go down. Sometimes I think a manager isn't good enough.

Do you want me to think we are going to win when i believe we are going to lose? To think we are going to stay up when I think we are going down? Think a manager is good enough when I believe he is not?

:facepalm:

If we are in the champ or league 1 surely it will make no difference to the wage he is being payed. He know's that if we go down he will be sold anyway so whats the problem? He will be playing championship football next season whether it be with us or anyone else. Signing a new contract haas no bearing on this fact.

Last edited:

Disorganised1

As a professional you want to be playing at as high a level as possible - he is being honest - at least he says that he would re-sign if we can avoid relegation.

LastGarrison

Just to get this right, an out of contract player gets interviewed and they ask him about his future and he answers completely honestly and he's getting slagged off for it?

Would you prefer him to say I am definitely staying then leave or give a stock answer of "I will decide my future at the end of the season".

Quite a refreshing response for me and certainly the course of action I would take if I was in his position.

coop

Hes being honest look what happened with King he said hed sign then buggered off.I only hope Cranie can help keep us up and say to himself that he done his best for CCFC.

oggys nose

If we go down its down in part to the players ... so i have no idea why these players think they are better than the league they contributed in putting us in. just my opinion always annoys me .

smileycov

Facebook User
I can't see the problem here! He has said he enjoys it, he is settled but obviously wants to play at a better level, so will wait to see what happens. He didn't say that he is definatley moving to a bigger club or anything like that did he. I am sure he is keen to keep us up, i doubt he wants a relegation on his CV does he. All he said was it will have a bearing and he will see from there. think he is getting harsh stick unfairly IMO

Otis

Yeah because they want to get relegated don't they.....

But it is the players who are part of the problem. Been a lack of effort and application all season long ..... or are you saying Thorn has been wrong to criticise the players for the silly mistakes?

He's been saying all season we have to cut out the silly mistakes. Cranie, though not the worst culprit by any means, has been culpable at times.

It's partly the players fault we are where we are. Just a little bit galling for a player to say he'll decide where he'll go based on where we finish when it is partly down to him where we'll finish in the first place!

Sterling Archer

Just to get this right, an out of contract player gets interviewed and they ask him about his future and he answers completely honestly and he's getting slagged off for it?

Would you prefer him to say I am definitely staying then leave or give a stock answer of "I will decide my future at the end of the season".

Quite a refreshing response for me and certainly the course of action I would take if I was in his position.

Spot on, I have no issues with Cranies comments.

I think he is a quality player as well, our problem hasn't been defending this season when him and Keogh are at CB, its been scoring goals. Aren't we the lowest scorers in the league?

torchomatic

I have never had a problem with players bettering themselves by moving to other clubs. Not King, not Dublin, not Westwood, anyone. That is not my issue. I just think the comments are ill-timed. He's not thick, if asked a question just say "now's not the time to talk about contracts, we need to concentrate on staying up", etc.

torchomatic

Which was the crux of my comment earlier.

It's partly the players fault we are where we are. Just a little bit galling for a player to say he'll decide where he'll go based on where we finish when it is partly down to him where we'll finish in the first place!

Otis

Well I've always agreed that it's partly the players fault, so don't get your point.

For me, main blame, Sisu, partially to blame, players and manager.

SkyBlue_Bear83

How? :facepalm:
I always hope we win. I always hope we won't go down and we will do well. I always hope any manager will succeed.

I quite often think we are going to lose and sometimes (like this season) I think we are going to go down. Sometimes I think a manager isn't good enough.

Do you want me to think we are going to win when i believe we are going to lose? To think we are going to stay up when I think we are going down? Think a manager is good enough when I believe he is not?

I think he meant Cranie, not you as in you. Why so defensive the last few days?

LastGarrison

I have never had a problem with players bettering themselves by moving to other clubs. Not King, not Dublin, not Westwood, anyone. That is not my issue. I just think the comments are ill-timed. He's not thick, if asked a question just say "now's not the time to talk about contracts, we need to concentrate on staying up", etc.
And then people jump to the conclusion that he's definitely not going to be here next season, slags him off and calls for him not to be in the starting 11 as he clearly doesn't want to be here.

He can't win really can he? For me I admire his openness and wish more players would follow suit.

ccfcway

dont get the fuss with this

he will be gone along with clingan, no matter what happens to us

Otis

I think he meant Cranie, not you as in you. Why so defensive the last few days?

My mistake then if that was the case. Thought he clearly meant me.

Would make sense if he did mean Cranie.

As for me being defensive, it is based on some people doubting my support or level of support for this club that i love so dearly..... and that is just plain daft.

torchomatic

torchomatic

I'm not jumping to the conclusion he won't be here. Just don't think there was a need to say anything while we're fighting for our Championship lives.

QUOTE=LastGarrison;163147]And then people jump to the conclusion that he's definitely not going to be here next season, slags him off and calls for him not to be in the starting 11 as he clearly doesn't want to be here.

He can't win really can he? For me I admire his openness and wish more players would follow suit.[/QUOTE]

torchomatic

My comment was aimed at Cranie, not you...

Brighton Sky Blue

The question was probably put to him rather than him wishing to just put that statement out there. Had he decided to say, 'I'm staying no matter what', we get relegated, he gets a better offer then goes, you know some on here would be calling Judas/two face. Odd how a few people would rather players lie about their intentions when it suits the club, and slate them when it doesn't.

LastGarrison

I'm not jumping to the conclusion he won't be here. Just don't think there was a need to say anything while we're fighting for our Championship lives.

QUOTE=LastGarrison;163147]And then people jump to the conclusion that he's definitely not going to be here next season, slags him off and calls for him not to be in the starting 11 as he clearly doesn't want to be here.

He can't win really can he? For me I admire his openness and wish more players would follow suit.
[/QUOTE]

My response isn't aimed solely at you hence me using the phrase "And then people......".

Too be honest it's all much ado about nothing.

Some people would prefer him to keep his gob shut and sit on the fence and some would prefer him too be honest. As I say he can't win.

torchomatic

No one wants him to lie. I just don't know what he expects to achieve by talking about it now. I wonder how his fellow team-mates feel? If he goes, good luck to him, but concentrate on getting us out of this mess is all I ask.

Brighton Sky Blue

No one wants him to lie. I just don't know what he expects to achieve by talking about it now. I wonder how his fellow team-mates feel? If he goes, good luck to him, but concentrate on getting us out of this mess is all I ask.

Like I said, it was probably put to him in an interview rather than a statement he decided to make. He had an off day at Watford, which I'd attribute more to him being put at left back rather than a lack of effort. I take your point onboard, but I imagine the same thoughts are probably going round most of the team at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread