Steward (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Any news?

Looked horrendous and even worse some runts laughing about it in our block

Quick recovery I hope

Sky Blue Pete

He had grabbed one of them I think and either the person pushed or pulled themselves clear and the steward fell back 3 or 4 rows and landed on the row of seats. Stayed down and was then tended to between the rows

clint van damme

looked like he fell over a row of seats to me, when you say looked horrendous, what do you think happened?

Greggs

I was watching, as the game was fucking dreadful. He was pushed down 3-4 flights, if he's an old boy its fucking disgusting.

letsallsingtogether

Well at the Cov game today the ref got knocked over by the players he was unable to blow the whistle so they all played on.
It took a Cov player to pick up his whistle and blow it to get the game stopped so he could get some attention, he looked out for the count.

Funny how he soon got up and started running should have been sent off for diving:)

Nick

Administrator
Hopefully he will be ok, few painkillers and a sleep!

Were their fans kicking off between themselves?

the rumpo kid

Why did the stewards have to go up there in numbers in the first place ? Was someone endangering the public safety by shouting to loudly or vapeing? There fans were enjoying there football and didn't need bothering by no mark job worth's.

oucho

What are you on about? Are you a robot?
Care to disprove his post by listing the reams of goods that spring to your mind?

oucho

Why did the stewards have to go up there in numbers in the first place ? Was someone endangering the public safety by shouting to loudly or vapeing? There fans were enjoying there football and didn't need bothering by no mark job worth's.
On the basis that a steward was attacked, then by definition there must have been troublesome people about....it is therefore at least plausible that such people were giving the stewards cause to get involved....

oucho

Hobo

Landed head first or arse?

Does it make a difference? He was assaulted doing his job, after that it is in the lap of the gods how he landed. People have died falling and just hitting their head on a seat or a step.

mechaishida

In my previous line of work, well, taking hefty falls and kickings was an occupational hazard, but one guy who was pushed down a whole flight of steps took the prize for worst injuries suffered.

Split his head open, cracked a kneecap and tore muscles in his neck, he was in a right state. The roid head who did it was rightfully charged with assault.

Hopefully, the steward is recovering well, but such a fall and impact from 3 or 4 rows is probably serious enough for him to be kept in for observation.

sw88

Chief Commentator!

Lovely chap at end of video saying steward should have died ....

Let’s hope the club see this footage and the authorities! Colchester United must be proud to have him as a fan!

One thing shouting for Coventry fans to die after cheering a sending off, hoping someone dies in their sleep after taking an OD, but then openly saying that as his closing statement? Not sure what this guy is thinking! I doubt it could have escaped his notice the extend of the treatment the steward appeared to be receiving?

ricohroar

Taken from CUFC forum:

Gerry, please don't misquote me!

Whilst I did mention the issues of alcohol as a general malaise and how it was sensibly managed by stewards at Grimsby (!!!), it was NOT a factor here. The reason being that both the CUSA bus and two Roman coaches arrived so late (2.00pm) due to roadworks on the A14, that nobody had time to get a drink, let alone get drunk, and certainly not any of the boys involved here.

Rigid alcohol consumption restrictions also apply on both bus services (e.g. none). The kids concerned were on the Roman coach (I was on CUSA). It is libelous to suggest that either carrier or the club doesn't properly manage this. Yes, there is another group that travel by minibus (or train) that occasionally do embarrass us under the influence, but nobody involved here had travelled by such routes nor was alcohol a factor. These were just a few stupid kids.

One cannot deny that at times the over exuberance of our youngsters does need curtailing, but it cannot justify the violent assault on them conducted by the Coventry stewards. Gone are the days of capital and corporal punishment. Just as in schools, we can't belt them with a big stick. Hence, there should also be prohibition of private army's in the guise of thug response teams. This could have been far better managed, and it seemed to me that the Coventry response team simply wanted "action". Only when the regular police arrived was any sanity restored.

The steward that got injured has only himself to blame. He attempted to dance across vacant seats that were nowhere near any of these particular U's fans and he fell solely due to his own lack of caution. I can only assume that he was so keen to get involved with a ruck that he had not got the patience to approach this more sensibly. As far as I know, nobody has been charged with any assault on him and as a witness I would willing defend anybody that was. NO U's fans touched him!

I find myself in truly uncomfortable territory standing up for these yobs as I don't approve of ANY misbehaviour, but this matter deserves proper consideration by reasonable minded adults, and not by a brigade that wants to tar and feather them. Violence simply breeds violence and any response to misbehaviour should be in proportion, whilst justice deserves proper consideration. I am confident that nobody will be charged or banned following this incident. Many fans filmed it so the evidence exists. Unsavoury yes; unnecessary yes; unsatisfactory, yes; but it didn't require the disproportionate thug response of the stewards.

rupert_bear

Brings back memories of an encounter with Colchester fans. Some years ago in the big Ron years went to Ipswich away got to the ground but away pen was full so were put another block the other end of the stand with a couple of hundred or so other Cov fans right next to us there was about a hundred Colchester tough nuts so called, apparently Ipswich are their rivals so went there for bit of bovver. Tried to give it large to us but as luck would have it most of the Cov lot there were the Legion boys who were let’s say only too glad to oblige. No police so it went off big time for a good 10 minutes. Quite entertaining.

Otis

As a Colchester United fan I would like to apologise for the truly horrendous last statement. This is not a true reflection of 99.99% of us.

I have brought this to the clubs attention
Thank you.

No-one I think would believe this is a consensus of opinion. Every club has its idiots.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Roman

Brings back memories of an encounter with Colchester fans. Some years ago in the big Ron years went to Ipswich away got to the ground but away pen was full so were put another block the other end of the stand with a couple of hundred or so other Cov fans right next to us there was about a hundred Colchester tough nuts so called, apparently Ipswich are their rivals so went there for bit of bovver. Tried to give it large to us but as luck would have it most of the Cov lot there were the Legion boys who were let’s say only too glad to oblige. No police so it went off big time for a good 10 minutes. Quite entertaining.

I don't recall any incident between us and you that day - we were there for a day out scrapping the shit.

We did have serious trouble with the shit fans that day - I should know I was nicked. At the time young single and free it was amusing to be involved in these types of incidents - now I look back at things I did when younger with regret.

I had a great day on Saturday at Coventry with my daughter despite being sat 4-5 rows in front of incident with stewards. I go to every home & away game with daughter and was surprised at the confrontational tone of the stewards. A minor incident that escalated due to stewards tone

The steward that fell and injured was not touched by any fan. He seemed intent on wanting to join in but lost his balance whilst trying to hurdle seats. I do hope though that he is OK and makes a full recovery. The Colchester fan arrested for steward incident was released without charge after police reviewed evidence

I wish you every success in getting rid of SISU as it is soul destroying seeing yet another football club suffer

Otis

Just weird we don't usually have any trouble with stewards and away fans.

What set it off, you know?

Roman

Just weird we don't usually have any trouble with stewards and away fans.

What set it off, you know?

I didn't see start of incident as was watching game but from other comments

One of the 15/ 16 year olds was standing on a seat with attitude. Instead of trying to communicate with said boy the steward just decided to grab him that resulted with his mates holding/ dragging him back and then creating a bubble so he could not be ejected. This bubble created chaos and lots of verbals, pushing an shoving between both parties and then the unfortunate injury to steward

To me the steward(s) could have handled situation better just as the boy should not have given the attitude

We are not exactly known as trouble makers so this incident is in the minority for Colchester United

Users who are viewing this thread