Steven Jennings (1 Viewer)

CCFC_Charlie

Really come on under Robins, often goes unnoticed on match day which is exactly what you want from a player in his role. Goes about doing his job, and doing it well. Partnership with Bailey looks really promising too so it would be great if we could keep those two together.

Grendel

Really come on under Robins, often goes unnoticed on match day which is exactly what you want from a player in his role. Goes about doing his job, and doing it well. Partnership with Bailey looks really promising too so it would be great if we could keep those two together.

I think bailey is very key. Without him Jennings would struggle.

SkyBlue_Bear83

In the last two games I have seen against Pompy and Walsall I have been pretty impressed with both players. I think both players are looking a lot more comfortable in possession and using it better

CCFC_Charlie

I'd agree that Bailey is the better player but the improvement in Jennings from the Shaw/very early Robins era to now is clear.

Last edited:

wingy

I rate Bailey more important but agree Jennings is a different player than the one we brought in the summer. I had high hopes for him, along with Barton when we signed him and an pleased they seem to be improving as the season goes on

Might also have something to do with them both settling in and becoming match fit as they definately were not at the start of the season.It may also have something to do with MR ,but to get written off at 3-5-7 games was premature.

skybluegod

Jennings does the bits that other players don't wanna do in teams, he gets in peoples faces he breaks up the play and runs at full speed to retrieve a ball hoofed into our half. He's like the Lucas levia of coventry :)

Sky Blue Sheepy

Jennings does the bits that other players don't wanna do in teams, he gets in peoples faces he breaks up the play and runs at full speed to retrieve a ball hoofed into our half. He's like the Lucas levia of coventry :)
Bit harsh, no need to compare him to any Liverpool player ;). Jennings has really impressed me under Robins.
I don't get all this love-in for Bailey though. From what I've seen he's very careless in possession and doesn't do a shift defensively.
As everyone else does like him though, I may just have to accept I'm wrong!

rupert_bear

Was one of the what i called 9 duffers signed in the summer by Andy Thorn, i like to admit perhaps i was wrong in Jennings's case as said earlier just gets on with his job, probably won't score many or get too many man of the match awards but has become crucial in our midfield and allows others the licence to play.

stupot07

I do Agee with this , however I think it's the fact that he is playing with a player who is also does a lot of this too which has improved him, it's no longer all down to him to break up play like it was when he was in the diamond with Barton and Kilbane either side of him.

pusbccfc

Steve jennings, Jennings, he's scouse and he's fucking hard, he's better than Steve Gerrard, Steve jennings Jennings

Grendel

stupot07

Some fans on here said Doyle was better looooool

To be fair - we're judging Jennings on his performances in league one, whereas we can only judge Doyle for his performances for us in the championship.

Also Jennings is playing alongside another combative defensively minded midfielder in a 5 man midfield, Doyle played in a 442 usually with someone more lightweight. Jennings largely struggled in the diamond and 442 earlier in the season.

covcity4life

To be fair - we're judging Jennings on his performances in league one, whereas we can only judge Doyle for his performances for us in the championship.

Also Jennings is playing alongside another combative defensively minded midfielder in a 5 man midfield, Doyle played in a 442 usually with someone more lightweight. Jennings largely struggled in the diamond and 442 earlier in the season.

All very good points but they don't change the fact he couldn't pass for shit

Users who are viewing this thread