Stay calm it’s a long season (1 Viewer)

Grendel

I agree. Too many players off key at the moment . Personally I think we're giving teams too much respect and need to realise we're a championship side and deserve to be just as much as everyone else in the league.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

We only win a handful of games by more than one goal so unless we sort the back out it’s a big problem

Terry_dactyl

The doom and gloom merchants on here...

For a team like us in this league (possibly every team) there are finite differences in performance that impact massively. Yesterday, prior to having a player sent off after 15 minutes, we’d hit the post and had a goal disallowed (sort of).
We should’ve beaten Swansea, a strong championship team, and by all accounts should’ve got something from the Bristol City game.
This season was always going to be one long relegation battle. Anything else will be a bonus!

Winny the Bish

I'll calm down once we stop making stupid mistakes that put us in trouble. That's not doom and gloom, it's just basic competence from players that should know better than to shove over an attacker in the penalty area.

I didn't see the Swansea game so maybe I missed out on a good performance that should make me more optimistic, but yesterday was so naive lads.

Grendel

It’s like you actually enjoy it when we lose, so you can almost gloat on here. You’re a pathetic individual.

Absurd and boring - ok it’s great and we are going to get promoted

Warwickhunt

If we play like yesterday we will be far from fine and the goal against column is piling up
1/2 our goals against have come from two games we had a man sent off! You dont stand a chance in this league playing with 10 men. The players are responsible for their actions and MR will be beating them up about the sendings off, as soon as we are out of all the injuries and we have settled into playing this dvision we will win a few games and just about stay up and that will be considered a succesful season to me.

Ian1779

Absurd and boring - ok it’s great and we are going to get promoted
I did think there was enough to see in games like Swansea to suggest we can compete with some Championship sides. Yesterday was crap, and the decision making from the red card onwards was questionable at best.

Do you think there are enough good bits from game like Swansea and QPR? Hamer will also be available next game too.

Evo1883

We can't play like we did yesterday, I've not seen us that poor with the ball since Robins came back... We play like that all season we're gone... But ofcourse we won't.

The players will be ok, we've a couple to come back and we need to try and sort out the basic errors... Alot are unforced.. And them errors are leading to goals.

I still think we will be ok

Hamer, Dabo, walker... The latter desperately needed to relieve some pressure from godden

Sky Blue Harry H

Should have beaten Swansea tbh. And started yesterday really well.

Have to stop being so naive though.
This is a decent summary of us recently. I'm hoping Hamer has learned about managing the competitive side of his game and I'm fairly sure the players will have seen the impact of playing with ten men. Swansea's performance should give them encouragement. Off to buy my match pass for Mboro (when my dear wife has finished using the laptop for her keep fit session!!). PUSB!

stupot07

This season
P7 W1 D2 L4 F6 A14 Pts 5 GD -8 position 20th

Relegation season
P7 W1 D2 L4 F4 A8 Pts 5 GD -4 Position 19th

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Grendel

1/2 our goals against have come from two games we had a man sent off! You dont stand a chance in this league playing with 10 men. The players are responsible for their actions and MR will be beating them up about the sendings off, as soon as we are out of all the injuries and we have settled into playing this dvision we will win a few games and just about stay up and that will be considered a succesful season to me.

We also conceded two each against 3 other teams

Grendel

This season
P7 W1 D2 L4 F6 A14 Pts 5 GD -8 position 20th

Relegation season
P7 W1 D2 L4 F4 A8 Pts 5 GD -4 Position 19th

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Wow - careful though bit negative

fatso

You cant take anything from yesterdays game, it was over as a contest in 15 minutes.
We need to get our best 11 fit and in some kind of form, and then with a couple of tactical tweaks we will be able to compete.

I'm more than confident that we will survive, but patience will be needed, and it will be a tough first season back at this level.

Blind-Faith

At the moment we have too many players out either suspended or injured.

If we can get everyone back fit and keep 11 players on the pitch we’ve got a chance.

Yesterday was just fucking annoying as it was all over after 14 minutes because of one guy’s stupidity

Warwickhunt

We also conceded two each against 3 other teams
as i said once we can get our players back and settled to play in this league we will just get enough points to stay up! MR will shut up shop to try and squeeze as many clean sheets as we can muster just like we did in L1. Its not pretty or good football but effective. Only time will tell I suppose.

SlowerThanPlatt

as i said once we can get our players back and settled to play in this league we will just get enough points to stay up! MR will shut up shop to try and squeeze as many clean sheets as we can muster just like we did in L1. Its not pretty or good football but effective. Only time will tell I suppose.

It’s a tough decision as if we put extra emphasis on the defence then we lose what goal threat we already have. A good team would still find a way through with the extra bit of quality and pace they have, Blackburn‘s 4th goal for example which was well worked.

Brighton Sky Blue

I did think there was enough to see in games like Swansea to suggest we can compete with some Championship sides. Yesterday was crap, and the decision making from the red card onwards was questionable at best.

Do you think there are enough good bits from game like Swansea and QPR? Hamer will also be available next game too.

In games where we aren’t pressed high we look a decent side. In games where we are we look like rabbits in the headlights. Well aimed balls over the top are the antidote but we seem very reluctant to try it despite having counter attacked that way last season

SkyblueTexan

i understand it's a long season and am trying to stay calm, but something has to change in terms of:
a) Not committing silly fouls in front of the ref that could get one sent off (e.g. tapping someone on the face or shoving an attacker in the penalty area)
b) Doing a better job against the press and not giving away the ball so easily/cheaply to the opposition each time we get it back
c) Having more self confidence, fight and belief and not giving too much respect to the opposition or just being scared of them
d) Being more clinical/ruthless about putting away the few opportunities we get in front of goal
e) Not being afraid to shoot at goal when you're within striking distance instead of trying to pass the ball all the way to the goal line and being forced back to our own half
f) Trying harder to keep a clean sheet
g) Just playing with a little more nous and being less naive
h) Our fitness levels - this should improve over time, but it's easy to see that with matches coming thick and fast, the players are clearly tiring early in games

Maybe instead of playing the same old formation/tactics every match we may need to evolve and adapt a little more and tweak our philosophy (not exactly calling for "total football" and don't think we have the personnel for it), but players might have to learn to expand their roles a little and become a little more versatile. I know McCallum is playing out of position as a RWB, and actually think he's done a better job than Pask in that position.

Who knows maybe we might need to add a 1 or 2 key signing(s)/loanee(s) to our team in Jan to steady the ship and boost morale. We'll see...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread