Stats Say It All (1 Viewer)

Kingokings204

Only one stat matters and that's the score. 2-0 up after half hour and it's 2-2 before half time. Finishes 2-2 that's the only stat RFC so sorry but the link is irrelevant.

Evo1883

We had 1 shot more than they did on target , the others couldve hit the corner flag in all honesty , because thats essentially what a shot off target means ...nothing

ccfc92

Definitely an improvement on last weeks game, but to be 2-0 up and flying to then draw 2-2 is a joke.

The fact that Crawley didn't win shows how poor they were and the win was there for us to take.

torchomatic

I seriously think that is one of the worst games I've seen in 40 years of going. Another that sticks out is a 0-0 against Middlesborough in the 80's. Could have been a Boxing Day game.

Looks considerably better than that abomination of a game the week before against Preston !

stupot07

We had 1 shot more than they did on target , the others couldve hit the corner flag in all honesty , because thats essentially what a shot off target means ...nothing

Corners 9 v 1 show that we put them under pressure, 58% possession, the fact they made x2 fouls we for shows that we put them under pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

torchomatic

Was it something like four corners in the first few minutes? We didn't get one until the 87th minute against Preston.

Corners 9 v 1 show that we put them under pressure, 58% possession, the fact they made x2 fouls we for shows that we put them under pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Colonel Mustard

I wouldn't say nothing. A shot, whether on or off target, represents a chance to score. So many shots implies a fearlessness that any contending team in this division needs.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Yes, that's true. However, there were a good few shots, particuarly from Jackson, that were pretty close.

Ashdown

I seriously think that is one of the worst games I've seen in 40 years of going. Another that sticks out is a 0-0 against Middlesborough in the 80's. Could have been a Boxing Day game.

Perhaps add to that a 0-0 against Bradford City on bonfire night about 10-12 years ago. I spent half the match watching the fireworks over the back of the West Stand towards the City Centre !

Samo

We had 1 shot more than they did on target , the others couldve hit the corner flag in all honesty ,
because thats essentially what a shot off target means ...nothing

So if we had hit the post 10 times you wouldn't be calling us unlucky?

Evo1883

Il give you a stat , coventry city in the last 42 league games under pressley .
won 10 drew 14 lost 18
wrap your head around that dreadful stat

chiefdave

Il give you a stat , coventry city in the last 42 league games under pressley .
won 10 drew 14 lost 18
wrap your head around that dreadful stat

Win % of our last 10 managers is pretty dire reading:

52 Robins
45 Black
41 Dowie
37 Reid
36 Pressley
33 Adams
31 Boothroyd
29 Coleman
28 McAllister
18 Thorn

Evo1883

Win % of our last 10 managers is pretty dire reading:

52 Robins
45 Black
41 Dowie
37 Reid
36 Pressley
33 Adams
31 Boothroyd
29 Coleman
28 McAllister
18 Thorn

Preslleys record since losing 1 player ...leon clarke , is below 25% , im sorry but its pathetic

Colonel Mustard

So if we had hit the post 10 times you wouldn't be calling us unlucky?

I would yes ... But we didnt

The numbers for the season so far: CCFC's shot are on-target 44% of the time. Yesterday it was closer to 16%. So it probably was unlucky.

It's also worth noting that City average 1.83 points per game when they outshoot their opponents, against 0.71 points per game when they are outshot. So - disappointing result yesterday, but on the right track.

The Reverend Skyblue

My thoughts exactly Torch, i've been going since the very late sixties and that was one of the poorest games in my memory,yesterday was better ,but just

I am now very busy for at least the next few weeks so will not be there, at the moment that's a good thing as it has been dire. If my daughter needs me again sooner as she is at Warwick Uni then I will take in a game at the same time

Last edited:

ccfc92

The numbers for the season so far: CCFC's shot are on-target 44% of the time. Yesterday it was closer to 16%. So it probably was unlucky.

It's also worth noting that City average 1.83 points per game when they outshoot their opponents, against 0.71 points per game when they are outshot. So - disappointing result yesterday, but on the right track.

Maybe at the end of the season, the FL will award us 20 points for outshooting our opponents, despite not actually beating them.

There's a very simple stat that is most valuable: score one more goal than your opponent.

gary_ccfcforever

Here is another one for you RFC.... we have won 8 league games from a possible 34 this calender year and only 4 away from home

Hobo

Just take a look at the 'stats', says it all!

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29388678

How many points did those stats earn us? How many of the 7000 left feeling entertained and had received value for money?

I have lots of time for SP and his staff, because I think they are genuine people.

I have no time for SISU who have shown they have no insight, no plan, no vision and under them we have no future.

Grendel

How many points did those stats earn us? How many of the 7000 left feeling entertained and had received value for money?

I have lots of time for SP and his staff, because I think they are genuine people.

I have no time for SISU who have shown they have no insight, no plan, no vision and under them we have no future.

As we didn't under Elliot et al

Rusty Trombone

I was entertained and received value for money. I thought we dominated the game, and probably deserved to win yesterday's game more than we did against Gillingham.

Hobo

As we didn't under Elliot et al

I prefer to live in the present and look forward to the future with a plan for progress or at least sustainability. We have under achieved for years and that has to come down to how we have been managed. But the current owners are the only ones who can take us forwards or backwards...all the others are consigned to history Grendel.

Hobo

I was entertained and received value for money. I thought we dominated the game, and probably deserved to win yesterday's game more than we did against Gillingham.

I am genuinely glad you enjoyed your afternoons entertainment then. Let's hope we carry something into the next game and make progress. I hope I leave that one feeling entertained.

Users who are viewing this thread