State of the Squad/Starting XI (1 Viewer)

Winny the Bish

With the releases being revealed, we can now see what the squad/starting XI looks like for the new season - minus signings etc.

GK: RCC
RB: Willis
CB: Ricketts/New Signing
CB: Harries/New Signings
LB: Stokes
CM: Vincelot
CM: Gadzhev
RW: Jones
AM: Lameiras/New Signing
LW: New Signing
ST: New Signing

Bench: Addai, Kelly-Evansx2, Rose, Haynes, G. Thomas, Stevenson, Sayoud, Finch, Lawton, Tudgay.

Honestly, it doesn't look too bad of a starting point to me. Obviously, getting in a goal scorer is a major key. Thoughts?

Oz Howie

Don't like Willis at RB, Ricketts at CB or Lameiras as first choice AM. Surely Burge will start the season ahead of Addai. Hope our scouts and Venus have some signings lined up.

Samo

Don't like Willis at RB, Ricketts at CB or Lameiras as first choice AM. Surely Burge will start the season ahead of Addai. Hope our scouts and Venus have some signings lined up.

If Burge is here which I think is by no means a certainty.

Evo1883

it's certainly not a bad starting point with the players left at the club, with 8 or so new faces we could have a very strong team ,

pipkin73

Burge was going to leave last season if he never got given first choice, so i think he could well be off. Don't think he will get in ahead of RCC unless his form goes or gets a bad injury.

Seamus1

Concerned about the striking options. I'm not getting why people are lauding Tudgay when he has been very average in my opinion...certainly I don't think Fortune's season here was any worse than Tudgay's first season at Coventry.

I think we need at least two new strikers: one in the Armstrong mould (who I think we were very lucky with, can lightning strike twice), and another striker for a plan B somebody like that Haber at Crewe, who I think has been released. I remember him causing is some problems at the back with his physical presence.

Gaz71

Not too sure about people lauding Tudgay? But definitely get how useful his experience on the pitch and guidance with the younger players is in the dressing room. Great move from TM if we get him for another season.

Hobo

Concerned about the striking options. I'm not getting why people are lauding Tudgay when he has been very average in my opinion...certainly I don't think Fortune's season here was any worse than Tudgay's first season at Coventry.

I think we need at least two new strikers: one in the Armstrong mould (who I think we were very lucky with, can lightning strike twice), and another striker for a plan B somebody like that Haber at Crewe, who I think has been released. I remember him causing is some problems at the back with his physical presence.

Seamus, if you are trying to build a successful squad it is not all about what people do on the pitch. It is the influence on the pitch , off the pitch, on the training field. Tudgay deserved to be more involved this year in my opinion, but when he has been and given a good account. He plays with a lot of guile, and sometimes it is about what he does off the ball to help other players. He isn't going to be our number one striker and he may get cameo rolls but I wouldn't turn down his experience or the level of professionalism he has displayed.

pusbccfc

Tudgay's goal per minute since the start of 2015 is actually pretty respectable. He should have been used ahead of Fortune and Henderson but I think wages got in the way of that.

chiefdave

Burge was going to leave last season if he never got given first choice, so i think he could well be off. Don't think he will get in ahead of RCC unless his form goes or gets a bad injury.

Hasn't he got a clause in his contact where if he doesn't get a certain amount of first team games the club can't stop him leaving?

pipkin73

Hasn't he got a clause in his contact where if he doesn't get a certain amount of first team games the club can't stop him leaving?

Yes i think he has, only reason he signed a new contract. That's one reason he started last season as first choice.
But with RCC playing as he has, unless Burge back tracks, he will be off as like i said before he won't dislodge RCC unless he gets injured or loses a lot of form.

pipkin73

Yes i think he has, only reason he signed a new contract. That's one reason he started last season as first choice.
But with RCC playing as he has, unless Burge back tracks, he will be off as like i said before he won't dislodge RCC unless he gets injured or loses a lot of form.

Maybe, with his lack of form/ability he will realise he should stay. Been behind every GP after a few games even when given a few games.

If he goes i wish him well, but don't think he will ever be a top class first choice keeper unless in league two or below. Could be a good backup to keep wages down, but if he want's more then let him go and look for first team games elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread