Ricketts CB
Vincelot DCM
Fleck ACM
Swanson LM
JOB RM
Madison ST/iN THE hOLE
Tudguy ST

Subs: Cook, Phillips, Haynes, Martin, C.Thomas, Lawton, G.Thomas

Need to boost midfield cover and striking options now but coming along nicely....beginning
to feel optimistic dare I say it. Defensively think we have enough but would not mind a goalie

tom88

I agree except goalkeeper bit.

Just need some strikers add some depth in midfield with wingers and squad shaping up nicely

brinner

2 strikers and a winger needed now, hopefully with bags of pace as that's what were lacking at the moment thru the whole squad.

stupot07

Fleck isn't an attacking midfielder. And the team (currently) is still seriously lacking goals and pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Hobo

Swanson can play on left side or right side or in the hole so potentially gives us great versatility. He scores some great goals and is not greedy knows when to lay them off. If we can get him back to his best he will be like a top new signing.

take a look on YouTube 'Swanson best bits 'and you will see where I am coming from. The fans really need to get behind Swanson.

H

Huckerby

Fleck isn't an attacking midfielder. And the team (currently) is still seriously lacking goals and pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

What do you reckon for goals then? another 2 strikers? I'd probably have Maddison in CAM. What about Fleck?

stupot07

What do you reckon for goals then? another 2 strikers? I'd probably have Maddison in CAM. What about Fleck?

It's a difficult one, can't see JOB bettering his tally from last season, Swansons best season was only 5 league goals, fleck has scored 1 in nearly 100 appearances in the last 2 years, RV doesn't score many. A lot depends on what formation TM wants to play - as he wants 3 more strikers you've got to assume is 442 variant rather than 433 variant. And also what role Tudguy has. We can't expect Maddison to come in and score 15-20 goals. Personally i agree with TM 3 strikers, 2 wingers and I'd like to see us sign a box-to-box Central midfielder in the mould of Darren Pratley when he was at Swansea. If we're playing RV I wouldn't play fleck, people who keep harping back to his good form under robins, are forgetting his best games (e.g. MK Dons away) were when he played in the same deep role he's played in the last 2 years, where he gets time and space on the ball. In the main he has struggled when played more advanced as he lacks the quick feet of Maddison.

Last edited:

covcity4life

I would put stokes left back and ricketts right back

Give johnson and Martin a go at cb. Willis is shit at rb and shud be cb only

Need least 1 more midfielder and 2 strikers and we are set with a too 6 team imo

Limey

Our team is definitely starting to man up. Stick a couple of whippets in there and I think we'll be up the right end.

H

Huckerby

It's a difficult one, can't see JOB bettering his tally from last season, Swansons best season was only 5 league goals, fleck has scored 1 in nearly 100 appearances in the last 2 years, RV doesn't score many. A lot depends on what formation TM wants to play - as he wants 3 more strikers you've got to assume is 442 variant rather than 433 variant. And also what role Tudguy has. We can't expect Maddison to come in and score 15-20 goals. Personally i agree with TM 3 strikers, 2 wingers and I'd like to see us sign a box-to-box Central midfielder in the mould of Darren Pratley when he was at Swansea. If we're playing RV I wouldn't play fleck, people who keep harping back to his good form under robins, are forgetting his best games (e.g. MK Dons away) were when he played in the same deep role he's played in the last 2 years, where he gets time and space on the ball. In the main he has struggled when played more advanced as he lacks the quick feet of Maddison.

Agree with pretty much everything you said there. Don't expect Maddison to come in and do that, but I think he has a bit of flair which we lack in everyone else, so sticking him in CAM to run at defences and thread some naughty passes through to a couple of proven finishers would be great.

I'm finding it hard to believe we are going to sign 5 or 6 more quality players though. I know TM himself has said he wants 3 more strikers etc and some wingers, but the three signings this week can't have been cheap. Got to trust in the guy though, he has full control of the budget I guess. I suppose that when you have quality in the side, and we are starting to look like we have a bit now, it's easier to attract other players without having to pay the earth for them. Fingers crossed!
Any idea on available/likely strikers?

dongonzalos

...................burge............
.........Willis Ricketts Reda.......
Phillips...........................Haynes
.................vincelot.....................

.........Job...............fleck

..............Maddison........

................Tudguy...........

With what is currently available until we sign wingers and strikers

Grendel

...................burge............
.........Willis Ricketts Reda.......
Phillips...........................Haynes
.................vincelot.....................

.........Job...............fleck

..............Maddison........

................Tudguy...........

With what is currently available until we sign wingers and strikers

Haynes? Doubt he will make the bench most games unless he seriously improves.

Grendel

LJC_CCFC

GK: New Player (Replacement: Lee Burge/Reice Charles-Cook) Burge is a starter as TM confirmed however.

RB: Aaron Phillips (Replacement: Jordan Willis/Dion Kelly-Evans)

CB: Sam Ricketts (Replacement: Aaron Martin)

CB: Reda Johnson (Replacement: Jordan Willis/Cian Harries)

LB: Chris Stokes (Replacement: Ryan Haynes)

CDM: Romain Vincelot (Replacement: Conor Thomas/Jack Finch/Ivor Lawton)

CDM: John Fleck (Replacement: Conor Thomas/Jack Finch/Ivor Lawton)

RW: Jim O’Brien (Replacement: New Player)

CAM: James Maddison (Replacement: Danny Swanson/George Thomas)

LW: New Player (Replacement: Danny Swanson/Kyle Spence/Devon Kelly-Evans)

ST: New Player(s) (Replacement: Marcus Tudgay)

Could well be 4-4-2 of course, it'll be very interesting to see the set up and tactical approach to the game tomorrow.

stupot07

GK: New Player (Replacement: Lee Burge/Reice Charles-Cook)

RB: Aaron Phillips (Replacement: Jordan Willis/Dion Kelly-Evans)

CB: Sam Ricketts (Replacement: Aaron Martin)

CB: Reda Johnson (Replacement: Jordan Willis/Cian Harries)

LB: Chris Stokes (Replacement: Ryan Haynes)

CDM: Romain Vincelot (Replacement: Conor Thomas/Jack Finch/Ivor Lawton)

CDM: John Fleck (Replacement: Conor Thomas/Jack Finch/Ivor Lawton)

RW: Jim O’Brien (Replacement: New Player)

CAM: James Maddison (Replacement: Danny Swanson/George Thomas)

LW: New Player (Replacement: Danny Swanson/Kyle Spence/Devon Kelly-Evans)

ST: New Player(s) (Replacement: Marcus Tudgay)

Could well be 4-4-2 of course, it'll be very interesting to see the set up and tactical approach to the game tomorrow.

Still lacking goals and pace.

stupot07

Given you really only have one forward as things stand its all a bit pointless isn't it?

Yep, that's the problem. We have 1 striker and still expecting another 5-6 to come in. Seems pointless.

LJC_CCFC

Still lacking goals and pace.

Stu, you keep saying that as if people are oblivious to it. The goals and pace will come in the form of new signings over the next month. Still think Maddison weighs in with more than people are expecting.

skybluegod

Think we can expect 2 more perm players 1 striker and 1 winger and then 2 strikers on loans and 1 winger on loan...
after that depending on budget... TM has said that the defence may not be finished just yet.

stupot07

Stu, you keep saying that as if people are oblivious to it. The goals and pace will come in the form of new signings over the next month. Still think Maddison weighs in with more than people are expecting.

I think many are oblivious to it. We keep posting teams and say "this looks good for league one", "this spine will do well in league one", etc. I'm not expecting Maddison to play week in week out, certainly won't be starting every week so he'll only get limited opportunities 6-8 would be a good return.

covcity4life

Thr player himself has to bring it out too. Stop making excuses for him already

Aa for pace. That's for feds not back 4. Stop panicking stu

johnwillomagic

Hmm my post is a bit tongue in cheek as the ridiculously early thread of a similar title seems to have disappeared.
Maybe pessimists were a bit disappointed so thread got deleted?

It is only mid-July so start xi still a little early but just wanting to prove the point squad is now coming along
nicely and there are a few more weeks to get some more players in either permanently or on loan.

TM has identified options let's have faith and see who he secures......trialists may also be interesting too at weekend!!!.....

stupot07

The squad is coming along? Not being pessimistic but we have only signed 2 players who weren't here last season. It's early doors and I'm keeping the faith, have already got my ST. But all this is a bit premature.

covcity4life

Another one who expected 6 in by June...

I think we will sign 3 more players by start of season which may be enough.

4 ideally

LJC_CCFC

The squad is coming along? Not being pessimistic but we have only signed 2 players who weren't here last season. It's early doors and I'm keeping the faith, have already got my ST. But all this is a bit premature.

Need a McSheffrey swap deal for Fleck then all will be rosy imo.

stupot07

Need a McSheffrey swap deal for Fleck then all will be rosy imo.

No thanks, sheffs passed his best, but if MK Dons want to swap for baker....

stupot07

Another one who expected 6 in by June...

I think we will sign 3 more players by start of season which may be enough.

4 ideally

No I didn't, in fact if you care to look back at posts I've been one that has said there is plenty of time. But I'm not going around all billy big balls bigging up our squad for promotion before we've even finished recruiting....

dongonzalos

No thanks, sheffs passed his best, but if MK Dons want to swap for baker....

As much as a like Fleck. Baker is a different class. However MK Dons are dumb.
Imagine having a player like Baker in your armoury and pushing him out of your club!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread