Starting to smell the coffe yet? (1 Viewer)

I support the Ricoh belonging to

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ccfc1234

SISU brought ccfc at a going concern to make money there is little doubt. They saw a stadium that could be purchased at less than market rate and a club with history at a low ebb in a game flowing with TV money at the top end. Who in life would not do this themselves if they saw a car for example selling for half its true value?

Because ccfc/SISU were quite blatent with their tactics to distress ACL as a business the major shareholders got the hump and with our council became the sworn enemy of SISU because they knew the idiots who ran the Ricoh could not make a success of it without you ur club and we had them on the ropes. To be clear I fundermentally disagree with what SISU did by moving away, but they wanted to prove they were key to the Ricohs success and they were proved very right.

I believe it is at this timeframe the council and associated parties then hawked the facility to anyone to spite SISU and to get it into private hands.

Wasps a club who clearly love money more than sport and fan tradishions, showed up and have had the red carpet rolled out for them and several sweetners thrown in. From reading the news it appears the training ground was is one example.

What stuns me however is how many city fans still see SISU as the issue and the ones that need to move on. Not the hostile insect ridden franchise that has landed on our doorstep with far darker motives for a our football and rugby clubs that they view as a competitor for fan money.

I hope the last few days of news releases has cristalised this for some who were still on the fence about wasps motives.

We are a city with a proud history of producing talent and have a rugby club who also are proud of their place in the sporting fabric of this city.

Wasps have arrived in 2014 with no history, owners more concerned about the numbers than the community and have into the bargain kissed up to the council et al to secure our best sporting asset for peanuts.

How could someone in their right mind think this is not capatilism in sport of the worst kind?

If wasps lost money would they stay or go back to London and their roots? Where would ccfc and cov rugby go? Nowhere is the answer as they are our city clubs and not some plastic travelling circus of mercenaries who hawk their wares to the highest bidder.

I would like to be on a fan task group with the aim of swatting the pests and expose how fake and temporary the love wasps have for ccfc. I am sure there is a company who might chuck a few pounds our way to assis as well.

Hope soulless franchise sport is not something anyone reading this considering supporting next season as it will only lead further to the demise of professional sport in this city as we know it and feed the millionaire owners of wasps.

I will conclude how I started by saying I don't love SISU but they don't threaten the sporting fabric of this city that has produced so much talent and we will have a cov rugby team long after wasps have sold up and found some cheap land to exploit and profiteer from in London.

dongonzalos

Still SISU as the main issue and main protagonist of this whole situation
But would always vote for CCFC in the above poll.

ccfc1234

Dong if they ever were the source can you seriously say they are they anymore? Yes sisu could and maybe should (given the clinical preceding actions of stakeholders) have brought the Ricoh for more than Wasps paid but seriously why should they subsidise someone else poor forsight to build a facility which would not be self sustaining?
You sound like the sort of guy I would like to sell my house to: 25% above true market value given its rental potential.....let me know if your keen to do a deal, I can point u in the right direction to secure you a great mortgage if that helps!!

Brylowes

SISU brought ccfc at a going concern to make money there is little doubt. They saw a stadium that could be purchased at less than market rate and a club with history at a low ebb in a game flowing with TV money at the top end. Who in life would not do this themselves if they saw a car for example selling for half its true value?

Because ccfc/SISU were quite blatent with their tactics to distress ACL as a business the major shareholders got the hump and with our council became the sworn enemy of SISU because they knew the idiots who ran the Ricoh could not make a success of it without you ur club and we had them on the ropes. To be clear I fundermentally disagree with what SISU did by moving away, but they wanted to prove they were key to the Ricohs success and they were proved very right.

I believe it is at this timeframe the council and associated parties then hawked the facility to anyone to spite SISU and to get it into private hands.

Wasps a club who clearly love money more than sport and fan tradishions, showed up and have had the red carpet rolled out for them and several sweetners thrown in. From reading the news it appears the training ground was is one example.

What stuns me however is how many city fans still see SISU as the issue and the ones that need to move on. Not the hostile insect ridden franchise that has landed on our doorstep with far darker motives for a our football and rugby clubs that they view as a competitor for fan money.

I hope the last few days of news releases has cristalised this for some who were still on the fence about wasps motives.

We are a city with a proud history of producing talent and have a rugby club who also are proud of their place in the sporting fabric of this city.

Wasps have arrived in 2014 with no history, owners more concerned about the numbers than the community and have into the bargain kissed up to the council et al to secure our best sporting asset for peanuts.

How could someone in their right mind think this is not capatilism in sport of the worst kind?

If wasps lost money would they stay or go back to London and their roots? Where would ccfc and cov rugby go? Nowhere is the answer as they are our city clubs and not some plastic travelling circus of mercenaries who hawk their wares to the highest bidder.

I would like to be on a fan task group with the aim of swatting the pests and expose how fake and temporary the love wasps have for ccfc. I am sure there is a company who might chuck a few pounds our way to assis as well.

Hope soulless franchise sport is not something anyone reading this considering supporting next season as it will only lead further to the demise of professional sport in this city as we know it and feed the millionaire owners of wasps.

I will conclude how I started by saying I don't love SISU but they don't threaten the sporting fabric of this city that has produced so much talent and we will have a cov rugby team long after wasps have sold up and found some cheap land to exploit and profiteer from in London.
When did you last see a car selling for half it's true value , the true value of
anything is the price someone is willing to pay.
That goes very much for CCFC now, if they put us up for sale any takers
would be taking a risk, they would also gain a club with the potential, history,
and fanbase to earn millions from modern football.

A lot of "money men" want to be involved in football, but are running out of
places to go , we could be worth the risk to someone.
Also I don't think there has ever been any group/council/organisation that has
Threatened the sporting fabric of this city more than SISU.

dongonzalos

Dong if they ever were the source can you seriously say they are they anymore? Yes sisu could and maybe should (given the clinical preceding actions of stakeholders) have brought the Ricoh for more than Wasps paid but seriously why should they subsidise someone else poor forsight to build a facility which would not be self sustaining?
You sound like the sort of guy I would like to sell my house to: 25% above true market value given its rental potential.....let me know if your keen to do a deal, I can point u in the right direction to secure you a great mortgage if that helps!!

They wouldn't have done the deal Wasps did they said it themselves. So they were driving for cheaper Wasps coming along completely destroyed that plan.

I would shake your hand on the house get you to move all your belongings out and let you make some commitments. Then at the last minute I would complain about damp.
Then I would ask a structural engineer to come and have a look.
I would delay and delay and hope to get, it off you for 25% of its total value, never mind me paying 25% more.
Unfortunately you strike me as the type of guy that would see through what I was doing. Pull the plug on the deal find an alternative buyer who probably paid a bit less than what I was first offering. However he did as he said he would so you like him none the less.
The distasteful incident would leave slightly pissed off with me.
Then when I turn up a year later buy your car you don't seem too keen.

Brylowes

But if you identify the house you want, by all means try every trick in the book, offer
under market value ! But bare in mind if someone steps in over you and snaps it up
your left with nothing

ccfc1234

I see the merits in the two posts above and like the analysis of my example. But we have been sh!t on by the sellers, maybe in part of sisu own making but why do this to fans of a city you represent? I don't profess to know all that has been said but I can say with certainty we the fans are getting considered by all last in this and it's about money not sport.

rupert_bear

Ccfc1234, you are entitled to your opinion but with respect you talk like a c*** pal. We were moved to Northampton pre- wasps, 3 needless transfer embargoes pre-wasps, failure to buy the Ricoh twice pre-wasps, endless stream of incompetent arses running the show pre-wasps, telling all of us, the FA the FL we are building a new ground, new training centre at soon to be announced site all pre-wasps, padministration administered by their self selected puppet pre-wasps. When the Ricoh was empty and vacant we were playing st Sixfields telling all and sundry we were never going back and will build our own new ground, what was Fishers often used phrase ? "we have moved on" I believe enticing other interests in "our" ground the Ricoh.Yes I don't like the wasp encroachment on what in reality is "our" ground but our only way forward is for this sisu nightmare out of our club from there we'll have half a chance of re-building and competing and trying to catch the now mightier clubs like Burton, Bournemouth and getting a decent stake at the Ricoh and maintaining a decent academy.

Last edited:

Regis87

Ccfc1234, you are entitled to your opinion but with respect you talk like a c*** pal. We were moved to Northampton pre- wasps, 3 needless transfer embargoes pre-wasps, failure to buy the Ricoh twice pre-wasps, endless stream of incompetent arses running the show pre-wasps, telling all of us, the FA the FL we are building a new ground, new training centre at soon to be announced site all pre-wasps, padministration administered by their self selected puppet pre-wasps. When the Ricoh was empty and vacant we were playing st Sixfields telling all and sundry we were never going back and will build our own new ground, what was Fishers often used phrase ? "we have moved on" I believe enticing other interests in "our" ground the Ricoh.Yes I don't like the wasp encroachment on what in reality is "our" ground but our only way forward is for this sisu nightmare out of our club from there we'll have half a chance of re-building and competing and trying to catch the now mightier clubs like Burton, Bournemouth and getting a decent stake at the Ricoh and maintaining a decent academy.
Good post

skybluetony176

SISU are an issue. Always have been, always will be. I want them gone for that reason alone and so should any CCFC fan. They're part of the problem not part of the cure. Why wouldn't I see them as anything but an issue?

Puzzling thread.

Terry Gibson's perm

Neither as both can't be trusted with it as Wasps have proved and I think Sisu would have, it should have stayed under council ownership as it was an asset to the city that hey have given away.

The same with the Alan Higgs Centre, that should remain as part of the charity (although they don't seem to be very charitable at the moment).

I would love to be rid of Sisu but at the same time do not want to be taken over by the pests.

Otis

SISU are an issue. Always have been, always will be. I want them gone for that reason alone and so should any CCFC fan. They're part of the problem not part of the cure. Why wouldn't I see them as anything but an issue?

Puzzling thread.
It is somewhat.

If we had half decent owners would they have refused to pay rent? Would half decent owners have taken us to Northampton?

Would half decent owners taken out all this legal action? Would the council have sold the Ricoh from under their noses? Would Higgs and CCC have shown any animosity towards half decent owners and totally found them totally and completely untrustworthy?

This unfortunately all revolves around Sisu and the way they operate and do business. They have upset so many people and rubbed too many authorities up the wrong way.

Again, the council have treated us really, really badly, but without Sisu would any of this crap we have encountered ever have happened?

rupert_bear

Totally agree yet there's loads on here keep returning to the wasp and ccc issues and there are reasons too but that's for after and hopefully with a new regime at the helm.

Warwickhunt

Hi Rupert_bear I understand your sentiments but however the only way we can as a club that is! Can progress is by having a grade 2 academy and that is now being taken away from us CCFC are now on the ropes and we the club have done nothing to deserve this . If people think this will drive SISU out and leave CCFC to be picked up by a Good Samaritan then nothing could be further from the truth of the matter, SISU have their shareholders to answer to and will not write off the debt unless they liquidate the asset!. May we rest in Peace is all I can say

Captain Dart

Fisher quotes http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...e-Tim-Fisher-dismayed-Ricoh-Arena-fiasco.html
Published: 14:45, 12 July 2013

Fisher and SISU are committed to building a new ground, obviously outside the jurisdiction of Coventry City Council, within three years. In the meantime, they are heading 31 miles south-east to Northampton to play their home fixtures.
:
'Two months ago, I held a series of fans' forums and invited the local media to spread the word. 'The reason I did this was to pass on the message that we would be ground-sharing.

'I also said that we would build a new stadium. So, while I understand the emotions - absolutely - I don't understand the surprise. 'You cannot posture or mislead in a situation like this. It would be insane. 'We thought it was a game,' they said. But we were absolutely clear what we were going to do.'As a professional, you must never posture or filibuster. You must do what you say you're going to. I don't understand the surprise.

That was 3 years ago and nothing Timmy claimed the club was going to do has happened, they've had their chances, they failed to deliver, expecting the current owners to do what they say is insane if you consider their track record, still smelling that coffee?

ricohroar

Spot on

armybike

Fisher quotes http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...e-Tim-Fisher-dismayed-Ricoh-Arena-fiasco.html
Published: 14:45, 12 July 2013

Fisher and SISU are committed to building a new ground, obviously outside the jurisdiction of Coventry City Council, within three years. In the meantime, they are heading 31 miles south-east to Northampton to play their home fixtures.
:
'Two months ago, I held a series of fans' forums and invited the local media to spread the word. 'The reason I did this was to pass on the message that we would be ground-sharing.

'I also said that we would build a new stadium. So, while I understand the emotions - absolutely - I don't understand the surprise. 'You cannot posture or mislead in a situation like this. It would be insane. 'We thought it was a game,' they said. But we were absolutely clear what we were going to do.'As a professional, you must never posture or filibuster. You must do what you say you're going to. I don't understand the surprise.

That was 3 years ago and nothing Timmy claimed the club was going to do has happened, still smelling that coffee?

There seems to be the odd notion from some (some) that everyone knows Fisher is a bullshitter and therefore people both fans and other businesses should simply dismiss what he says and carry on as if he'd not uttered his latest soundbite.

That not how it works - fans are desperate for the best for CCFC to be achieved and other companies are looking at ways of trying to achieve the best for themselves and maximise their potential.

So he's showing absolutely no interest in the passion and commitment of fans whilst holding open the door for others to jump into the gaps left, the Ricoh and Higgs being the two main examples.

Even during the recent meeting at the Supporters Consultative Group meeting he decided to drop in that a site for a new stadium and Academy/first team training facility was still in the mix as a 'back up' - why does he do it?

If such as site exists then no disrespect to Cov Rugby but our own stadium/training facility should be the way were heading.

So why aren't we? Well, I think we all know why but it just demonstrates that he's still doing it, despite the situation it has caused.

stupot07

There seems to be the odd notion from some (some) that everyone knows Fisher is a bullshitter and therefore people both fans and other businesses should simply dismiss what he says and carry on as if he'd not uttered his latest soundbite.

Pretty much everyone thinks hes a bullshitter, even those that are supporting wasps, ccc, higgs, etc on this. "The plans will be released in 3 weeks" line is always trotted out on here taking the piss out of him.

Its convenient that the same people who call him a bullshitter, not utter those words as if they were gospel

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

I support a free market and property being owned by the people that buy it.

Besides, why would we need two stadia?

1940oldfive

It is somewhat.

If we had half decent owners would they have refused to pay rent? Would half decent owners have taken us to Northampton?

Would half decent owners taken out all this legal action? Would the council have sold the Ricoh from under their noses? Would Higgs and CCC have shown any animosity towards half decent owners and totally found them totally and completely untrustworthy?

This unfortunately all revolves around Sisu and the way they operate and do business. They have upset so many people and rubbed too many authorities up the wrong way.

Again, the council have treated us really, really badly, but without Sisu would any of this crap we have encountered ever have happened?
just waiting for nick [tim] to reply for su u

Astute

So are you saying that we should want SISU to stay and Wasps to go?

I would question anyone that says they are a CCFC supporter that doesn't want rid of both of them. Both have been bad for our club.

But this could change. We don't know for sure who is working with who. Hedge funds have been known to work together. That doesn't mean SISU and Wasps although we can't rule anything out. Both are in Coventry because of greed. They don't care about how they make money or what effect it has on anyone.

Nick

Administrator
It is somewhat.

Otis, decent owners probably would have wanted to buy the stadium at the same time as coming in wouldn't they? If that had happened, there never would have been a SISU or a Sixfields.

In terms of the thread, not sure what the point of the poll is. I think most would say they want CCFC to own it wouldn't they?

Mr T - Sukka!

Tim Fisher said the NEW STADIUM and ACADEMY complex would be built in 2-3 years in 2013. That leaves him 6 months by his own words.

And CCFC would fully own all this and receive the much needed match-day and non match-day revenue. He even said a land deal was close blah blah blah!That bloke RFC was also adamant this was happening and was not bullshit.

Hows the stadium construction going Tim? Still on course to be signed sealed delivered in 6 months as you put it? I cannot believe they would be so unprofessional, publicly put out statements and timescales and all sorts of crazy promises. It beggars belief really. Then again with thier track record should we be surprised?

Remember ladies Ray Ranson advised CCFC will be in a better position when SISU leave. Great statement Ray!

Old Warwickshire lad

Hi Rupert_bear I understand your sentiments but however the only way we can as a club that is! Can progress is by having a grade 2 academy and that is now being taken away from us CCFC are now on the ropes and we the club have done nothing to deserve this . If people think this will drive SISU out and leave CCFC to be picked up by a Good Samaritan then nothing could be further from the truth of the matter, SISU have their shareholders to answer to and will not write off the debt unless they liquidate the asset!. May we rest in Peace is all I can say

I have said from the very beginning, the only way SISU walk is when they liquidate us.

Nick

Administrator
just waiting for nick [tim] to reply for su u

Nice one, original as well!

giphy.gif

armybike

Pretty much everyone thinks hes a bullshitter, even those that are supporting wasps, ccc, higgs, etc on this. "The plans will be released in 3 weeks" line is always trotted out on here taking the piss out of him.

Its convenient that the same people who call him a bullshitter, not utter those words as if they were gospel

But that's the exact point, the fact people 'know' he's a bullshitter is one thing, but it allows others to cite his statements to explain their actions.

Would he ever admit to being a bullshitter?

hill83

It is somewhat.

Spot on. I went through a bit of a phase over a year ago defending Sisu now and again as they were the club in my mind and I wanted what was best for the club.
I still want what is best for the club, and as much as everyone involved has shown themselves to be utter utter bellends, what I believe is best for the club now is for Sisu to go.
Not interested in the "but who will come in" rhetorical questions, as I cant answer them. But it's clear that Sisu have annoyed enough people, and enough of the wrong people for them, that they can't sensibly continue anymore. I firmly believe that with new owners a lot of the problems for the club that have been created by the council and higgs will disappear.
If Sisu will sell up and leave is another thing entirely, who's to know? The only real option they have if they carry on is to invest massively in stadium and training facilities/academy. History tells me that won't happen, but if it does I'm prepared to suck up any annoyances I have with them and commend them.

Anyway. Enough of my bollocks. Roll on the England game tomorrow.

Edit: Of course I want CCFC to own the Ricoh to stay on topic.

Otis

Otis, decent owners probably would have wanted to buy the stadium at the same time as coming in wouldn't they? If that had happened, there never would have been a SISU or a Sixfields.

In terms of the thread, not sure what the point of the poll is. I think most would say they want CCFC to own it wouldn't they?
Poll?

As I am on my tablet it never tells me there is a poll, or indeed shows me one, so that only time I ever know there is a poll is if the OP mentions it in the thread.

Unable to vote, but of course if I could I would want CCFC to own the Ricoh.

Astute

But that's the exact point, the fact people 'know' he's a bullshitter is one thing, but it allows others to cite his statements to explain their actions.

Would he ever admit to being a bullshitter?
They are all bullshitters. Do you think any side will admit to such?

Users who are viewing this thread