Started to develop atheritis (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Any one have tips how to prevent or make it less painful?
Much appreciated broken down 45 year old miserable bastard from Keresley

covmark

Any one have tips how to prevent or make it less painful?
Much appreciated broken down 45 year old miserable bastard from Keresley
Feel for you mate. My grandad moved to the south of France to get to a warmer climate to help with his arthritis.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Daz

Feel for you mate. My grandad moved to the south of France to get to a warmer climate to help with his arthritis.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Not a bad idea , is he taking lodgers ;)

Marty

My old man has it in his knees, got this cream that he rubs into his joints and hes perfectly fine after, called something like flexisol? it's incredibly expensive though, like £40 for 100ml tube.

skybluetony176

Have a look at your diet. Tons of advice on line about what to eat and what to miss to help with arthritis.

My father in law swears by Turmeric tablets, think there’s some specifically for arthritis.

Sky_Blue_Daz

It’s mainly my ankle , stiffness and swelling

To be fair it’s ok first thing in the morning but as the day progresses it gets progressively worse

Might try turmeric tablets

Nick

Administrator
I know it's different but my big dog have supplements called yu move. It made the world of difference.

I think they do human versions now, that and glucosamine etc might help.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I know it's different but my big dog have supplements called yu move. It made the world of difference.

I think they do human versions now, that and glucosamine etc might help.
Be brilliant but with the running and dog walking I don’t want to start peeing in the street or doing a Radcliffe as it’s known

RedSalmon

Get your weight down as much as you can as this will help reduce the pain. The effects of gravity pulling down on any excess weight you are carrying will put more pressure through your joints, hence increased pain. Won't solve it but may help make the pain a bit more bearable.

SkyBlueSam01

It’s mainly my ankle , stiffness and swelling

To be fair it’s ok first thing in the morning but as the day progresses it gets progressively worse

Might try turmeric tablets

Im a physio and this is the best online resource I have recently seen for arthritis:

Are you sure its arthritis though? One of the key characteristics of osteoarthritis is morning pain and stiffness, so if you havent had a proper diagnosis Id get it checked out!

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I've had morning stiffness for years.

giphy.gif

Sky Blue Pete

Got gout and arthritis

Lifestyle is important and blended physical activity so I’ve added lots of swimming but also getting the correct diagnosis. Mine was found on an mri

Gibbo

Doesn't it depnd on which sort you have? Regular exercises as prescribed has helped my knee, but I suspect mine is quite mild.

SkyBlueSam01

Doesn't it depnd on which sort you have? Regular exercises as prescribed has helped my knee, but I suspect mine is quite mild.

For mild to moderate osteoarthritis general exercise is the way forward, but for severe osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis you need a slightly more considered exercise approach alongside pharmacalogical interventions 👍

Sky_Blue_Daz

Im a physio and this is the best online resource I have recently seen for arthritis:

Are you sure its arthritis though? One of the key characteristics of osteoarthritis is morning pain and stiffness, so if you havent had a proper diagnosis Id get it checked out!
Ahh fair enough I had a Weber fracture Class c to the ankle last year , was told I may develop arthritis and assumed it was that but it could be osteoarthritis
I will get it checked

SkyBlueSam01

Ahh fair enough I had a Weber fracture Class c to the ankle last year , was told I may develop arthritis and assumed it was that but it could be osteoarthritis
I will get it checked

Ahhhhhhh I see! Yeah its roughly 50% likely to lead to some degree of osteoarthritis at some point then...

Just to clarify osteoarthritis is what people usually refer to as just 'arthritis' - I should have made that clearer.

But yeah as I say with any kind of arthritis its usually worst in the morning and then loosens throughout the day so might be worth seeing someone if its significant! Exercise is unlikely to be a bad thing regardless though

Wish ya all the best with it anyway mate!

Sky_Blue_Daz

Ahhhhhhh I see! Yeah its roughly 50% likely to lead to some degree of osteoarthritis at some point then...

Just to clarify osteoarthritis is what people usually refer to as just 'arthritis' - I should have made that clearer.

But yeah as I say with any kind of arthritis its usually worst in the morning and then loosens throughout the day so might be worth seeing someone if its significant! Exercise is unlikely to be a bad thing regardless though

Wish ya all the best with it anyway mate!
Cheers

rob9872

My ankle was riddled with it from footie injury. I had a few cortezone injections that eased it for a while, but they always wore off and gradually worked less each time. Had it fused a few years back now and it's pain free. It means I can't run ever again as it doesnt flex, but I can walk without pain so a small price to pay.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I've had arthritis for some years now. Mostly in my knees but also in my hand. I had cortisone injections into my knee joints for about 2 or 3 years until they realised, after looking at more recent x-rays, that I have absolutely no cartilage in my right knee. I am walking bone on bone! Been waiting nearly 4 years for knee replacement but the local Isle of Wight hospital cocked up appointments for the last 2 times I should have had the op. Now waiting for Worcester Royal Hospital to get in touch after yet more bloody x-rays! That was in January. Not holding my breath!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
My ankle was riddled with it from footie injury. I had a few cortezone injections that eased it for a while, but they always wore off and gradually worked less each time. Had it fused a few years back now and it's pain free. It means I can't run ever again as it doesnt flex, but I can walk without pain so a small price to pay.
I had a joint fusion in my right foot. I have two titanium screws that held it all in place. They're still there after 11 years. Just means I can no longer bend my big toe.
Joint Fusion.jpg

wingy

Certainly good for the joints!

I’m here all week, tip your waitress
I tried it on my hands , knuckles in reality.
Worked but faded within 30mins.
Lad I worked with,same job, same issue put it in his porridge every morning.
I would have carried on if it lasted longer.

Kneeza

I appear to be getting it in my left thumb, oddly enough. Have had knee (right) problems for thirty odd years, and had a flush-out and cartilage trim way back then. Clunks like a bastard now, but no real pain, so I guess I'm lucky.
The dragon had a Webber fracture about fifteen years ago (silly mare fell off a kerb!). Her ankle is full of titanium and there's a bad scar, but she seems to be avoiding arthritis in it. However, she badly needs a new knee but they tell her she's not old enough. She's sixty...
CBD seems to work for her fairly well, and she also takes a daily Glucosamine and Chondroitin supplement.
All costly extractions from the pension though.

Users who are viewing this thread