Stadium Layout (1 Viewer)

Gynnsthetonic

Hopefully we can now keep 15000 fans and build even more the way we are going, I would like to see the corners block 25 and 26 closed and those fans put in the lower part of the Telegraph stand behind the goal using say the rows A to Z which would be packed and we would have all 4 stands open and would look a lot better on TV.
Hope that makes sense still got a fuzzy head from staying out after the game yesterday.
PUSB

ccfclinney

Hopefully we can now keep 15000 fans and build even more the way we are going, I would like to see the corners block 25 and 26 closed and those fans put in the lower part of the Telegraph stand behind the goal using say the rows A to Z which would be packed and we would have all 4 stands open and would look a lot better on TV.
Hope that makes sense still got a fuzzy head from staying out after the game yesterday.
PUSB

They dont do that as its more money for the club to pay out opening another stand, more stewards, more food outlets to open etc. and it wont improve the atmosphere like it does when all the fans are together.

What we really need is both stands full to the brim that would be brilliant !!

PUSB

Gynnsthetonic

They dont do that as its more money for the club to pay out opening another stand, more stewards, more food outlets to open etc. and it wont improve the atmosphere like it does when all the fans are together.

What we really need is both stands full to the brim that would be brilliant !!

PUSB
The fans would be together though as those fans in 25 and 26 would be packed together in the Telegraph lower section and it would ease the congestion in the concourse. And surely they need all the catering outlets open as people didn't even bother queuing yesterday

Skyblueweeman

I'm bringing Mrs Weeman to her first Sky Blue game at the Ricoh on the 9th Jan against Walsall. One extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

PUSB
Absolutely agree with you. Once all the blocks up to 24 are packed. Let's get in behind the goal, but I guess this will only happen once we can confidently predict 15k per game so as not to sell blocks 25 and 26.

Londonccfcfan

I'm bringing Mrs Weeman to her first Sky Blue game at the Ricoh on the 9th Jan against Walsall. One extra.

Quite possibly this game will be re arranged midweek. As it's far cup 3rd proper. And Walsall should beat the team they been drawn against in round 2.

stupot07

I'm not so convinced, think it would look a bit silly with 10 rows behind the goal. Plus given the choice 99% would prefer not to be on the front 3-4 rows.

The atmosphere has been brilliant this season because we're all crammed in together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

rob9872

Boxing Day always relatively big, as people visit family... and want to escape family!

If you're struggling for Christmas present ideas, buy them a ticket for this one. Even if they don't support, kill 2 birds as it's quality family time too ;-)

oakey

Quite possibly this game will be re arranged midweek. As it's far cup 3rd proper. And Walsall should beat the team they been drawn against in round 2.
If that happens I hope they have the sense to schedule it in the spring. A midweek game in January would be poorly attended due to cold weather.

Skyblueweeman

Good point. In that case if Walsall do make the 3rd round, I'll be taking her to see the Burton game at the Ricoh a week later.

If they did open up the blocks behind the goal it mean less work for the poor Ball Boy in that stand and less injury time added.
If the management of the concourse queues and crowds failed yesterday would they open up other blocks and sufficiently staff it with experienced Stewards who are competent in crowd control safety? I cannot recalling a single steward in the concourse area.

I didn't bother with a tea yesterday and just getting into the stand was annoying as there wasn't clear areas for queues to buffets and toilets, those watching TV just stood everywhere in the way of those trying to get from one place to another.
I considered taking my Nephew yesterday for his first game, I'm glad I didn't as taking him to the toilet, finding a necessary hot drink(considering the weather) and then attempting to carry it would have been a nightmare. I gather they would have lost a lot of sales yesterday due to supporters giving up.
All this is without the Piss poor Bus service back to the Railway station Via Pool meadow at which I arrived at 18:50 roughly two hours after the game. Many Gillingham fans chose to walk after the third number 4 Bus passed by as it was too full to take more on. I cannot see them coming back.
If the Arena and services struggle with 16,000 what would happen if the Sheffield United home fixture is a title/promotion decider(extremely likely)? You can guarantee a full away end and demand from home supporters to be significantly higher than it was yesterday and what could be a full house.

Skyblueweeman

I should hang fire with that arrangement weeman Walsall are still in the FA Cup and that is third round day !

Yeah Londonccfcfan pointed that out above...didn't even notice! As above, if Mrs Weeman doesn't experience the Ricoh for the first time on the 9th v Walsall, she will do on the 16th vs Burton!

Hobo

We have to keep the stand that is open full. If we get demand above that, the spillage can go behind the goal.

shmmeee

If you're struggling for Christmas present ideas, buy them a ticket for this one. Even if they don't support, kill 2 birds as it's quality family time too ;-)

We should all buy tickets for all those crappy presents you don't care about, office secret santa and the like. If nothing else it'll create a demand and others will start wanting tickets before they sell out. Even if half the crowd are pissed off family members.

pusbccfc

We should start opening blocks in the south stand.

Users who are viewing this thread