St andrews pitch a welcome for two players (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

Two forgotten players that could make a mark this season Jodi Jones and Max Biamou they will be like two new signings and hopefully with a good pre-season behind them and a decent pitch to play on could make a massive difference to our league position - The Ricoh pitch with its ruts and bumps would have been a worry for these two

Grendel

Jones won’t be fit until November at the earliest

SkyBlueCRJ

Two new signings? You do realise to recover both physically and mentally Jones won’t be back until at least January. Even that would be a push considering by then he wouldn’t have played on a consistent basis for two years? There’s no guarantees Jones will be the same player he was during that short stint.

Last edited:

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I think amongst us football fans, when we hear 'out for the season' we automatically assume they'll be back for the next season, so don't be too harsh on the OP :)

covboy1987

Two new signings? You do realise to recover both physically and mentally Jones won’t be back until at least January. Even that would be a push considering by then he wouldn’t have played on a consistent basis for two years? There’s no guarantees Jones will be the same player he was during that short stint.
Fully understand about the physical and mental comments and agree it might be January until we see the best (if everything goes to plan) but having them possibly both back say January firing on all cylinders is a nice thought

SkyBlueCRJ

Fully understand about the physical and mental comments and agree it might be January until we see the best (if everything goes to plan) but having them possibly both back say January firing on all cylinders is a nice thought

Last season when Jones came back he was hardly firing at all cylinders was he and that was well over a year after the initial injury? So what expectations do you honestly have when his development has been hindered for two years. Can you imagine not doing your job for two years then coming back to it. It’ll take months to get back into the swing of things. If you ask me his CCFC career is over, which I’m gutted about, but just can’t see how he can perform to the same levels after that long out of the game.

Corrado

Last season when Jones came back he was hardly firing at all cylinders was he and that was well over a year after the initial injury? So what expectations do you honestly have when his development has been hindered for two years. Can you imagine not doing your job for two years then coming back to it. It’ll take months to get back into the swing of things. If you ask me his CCFC career is over, which I’m gutted about, but just can’t see how he can perform to the same levels after that long out of the game.
He may aswell give up now then. No young player has ever gotten over bad injury’s and then gone on to success, oh hang on Wilson springs to mind what has he achieved since injury?? CCFC career over - haven’t heard such crap

SkyBlueCRJ

He may aswell give up now then. No young player has ever gotten over bad injury’s and then gone on to success, oh hang on Wilson springs to mind what has he achieved since injury?? CCFC career over - haven’t heard such crap

Haven’t heard such crap? You clearly either have no understanding of injuries or have never played sport. Wilson didn’t injure the same knee twice so get your facts straight first before mouthing off. Equally he was already established as a player. Jones was in form for about 3 months before his injury. If you don’t think that will have any baring on his development you’re deluded

Corrado

Haven’t heard such crap? You clearly either have no understanding of injuries or have never played sport. Wilson didn’t injure the same knee twice so get your facts straight first before mouthing off. Equally he was already established as a player. Jones was in form for about 3 months before his injury. If you don’t think that will have any baring on his development you’re deluded
No I don’t know anything on sports injuries - I learned nothing during my sports injury and rehabilitation degree! Admittedly I am not practicing it now but I know enough that tells me a sportsman get recover from far worse injuries including double leg fractures etc

Corrado

Also research shows 85% of footballs who suffer ACL injuries got back to the same level or higher then pre injury

covboy1987

I prefer to be positive and look at the likes of Callum Wilson for inspiration

NorthernWisdom

Also research shows 85% of footballs who suffer ACL injuries got back to the same level or higher then pre injury
My concern in this instance would be as much just when he was starting to develop and blossom. He'll effectively lose, what, two, three years of first team experience? Now when it's often argued that players who just sit in the reserves at top flight clubs miss out on that and don't develop as they should...

I hope he does come back, and I hope we show him some loyalty while coming back, and if it takes all season fine, but we then offer him a new contract rather than cutting him off.

clint van damme

Sadly I have very grave doubts that Jodi will be able to recover his career.
I will be absolutely delighted to be wrong, he's had unbelievable bad luck and the mental toll it's taken must be very difficult to deal with.

@Corrado how rare is it to do the same ACL twice and how likely is full recovery?

Corrado

Unlike 30 years ago when it was a career ending injury they are actually very common nowadays.

It is also common that they will either tear their other knee or the same one again.

Reoccurrence depends on a number of factors - proper rehabilitation, returning too soon, having the mental awareness to deal with the consequences but a massive factor is the surgeon who carried out the reconstruction. In Jodi’s case the best in the field did his surgery which has to play in his favour

covboy1987

Unlike 30 years ago when it was a career ending injury they are actually very common nowadays.

It is also common that they will either tear their other knee or the same one again.

Reoccurrence depends on a number of factors - proper rehabilitation, returning too soon, having the mental awareness to deal with the consequences but a massive factor is the surgeon who carried out the reconstruction. In Jodi’s case the best in the field did his surgery which has to play in his favour
Playing on a decent pitch would have a bearing on a good recovery - Russian roulette if Jodi had to play at the Ricoh

SkyBlueCRJ

No I don’t know anything on sports injuries - I learned nothing during my sports injury and rehabilitation degree! Admittedly I am not practicing it now but I know enough that tells me a sportsman get recover from far worse injuries including double leg fractures etc

I find it amazing that you passed considering after a degree you still believe he’ll be absolutely fine after two ACL ruptures and two years without playing consistently but I’ll let that slide. You’ve jumped the gun and are making assumptions. I’ve not said there aren’t worse injuries, nor have I said that it’s guaranteed he won’t be the same. It’s of my personal opinion he won’t be and his career is likely to be over at CCFC. I’ve used the fact that his lack of development has been hindered after two years out of the game as my reasoning behind that. Do you not think that’s reasonable, or are you going to pass that off as crap because you apparently did a degree X amount of years ago? There are obviously players who have suffered double ACL tears and have come back to the game. Duncan Watmore I think springs to mind. But using him as an example, he’s still struggling with injuries - ACL suffers often become injury prone after their initial injury. Look at the likes of Benjamin Mendy as an example of that.

If you were that qualified you would’ve mentioned that there are plenty of examples where promising players haven’t recovered fully. E.g. Jimmy Bullard, Nicky Maynard and George Thorne springs to mind. So I’m not sure why you’re taking it so personally when I’m well within my rights to make that judgement. I’m neither saying I’m right or wrong but I’ve made an assessment. In reality though you don’t know any better than I do as it’s unpredictable. But I said the exact same about Andreu after seeing his performances at the beginning of last season and received similar criticism - look how that ended. I couldn’t care less whether you agreed with me or not, but we’ll see who his right come this time next summer.

Last edited:

hill83

That’s twice this week I’ve seen skybluecrj pile in saying someone knows fuck all about a something specific only to be completely wrong.

The other one was about a commute near Warwick University.

Not having a go, just mildly amused.

Last edited:

as13

Two forgotten players that could make a mark this season Jodi Jones and Max Biamou they will be like two new signings and hopefully with a good pre-season behind them and a decent pitch to play on could make a massive difference to our league position - The Ricoh pitch with its ruts and bumps would have been a worry for these two
That's a really good point about the pitch, that's the only good thing about moving to at andrews

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread