------------..........Murphy/Dunn---------------
Clarke/Christie----Malaga-..-Wood----HusseyKilbane
.........................Willis....Cameron

---------..........Jennings/Deegan---------

Baker/Fleck--------Thomas/ ?---.........................Bell/McSheffery---
-----------------------------
-------
...................McDonald----Elliott---------
.........................ROD.............?

Just missing that creative midfielder and decent striker, Then we have 22 good players

Supported by the kids

Skybluefaz

I'd be happy with that. I wonder if we'll delve into the loan market to fill one of those roles. I'd like Howard to come in to the midfield spot. No striker springs out from the crowd though on a free. Varney from Pompey? Although I'm not sure we could provide his wages.

skybluegod

we've also got the other french guy which i hope signs on and garner could be decent cover up front looked good yesterday but be good to see how he fairs against higher level teams and Roberts looked awesome yesterday be good to see him involved this season

dongonzalos

we've also got the other french guy which i hope signs on and garner could be decent cover up front looked good yesterday but be good to see how he fairs against higher level teams and Roberts looked awesome yesterday be good to see him involved this season

Yes I agree however I would prefer to have a 22 core with experience who can do the business. Then have the likes of Roberts Garner etc to fall back on and gradually give them first team experience and we are so close to having that, we just need a striker or 2 and that creative midfielder.

johnwillomagic

Looks like you are saying your mass hysteria posts of about a month ago were perhaps premature dongonzales as I commented about a month or so ago! :thinking about:
Looks like you like my 28 man squad argument of 22 plyers with six or seven youngsters this is about right given the level and finances we have at our disposal.

Not that the result really matters too much but a great start for the boys, let's hope we carry on the good form in the pre-season and really hit the ground running when season starts.

Looking at squad as it stands think we def need a bigger striker in the mix and also a more experienced/robust centre mid then it is in pretty good shape. On striker side you omitted Jeffers Dongonzales who fairly or unfairly I now class as not a raw youngster. Also not seen much of him but Daniels seemed quite tall could he fit the ? role up top as well? What are poeple's thoughts on Daniels?

CCFC_Charlie

We need strikers but from what AT said after yesterday's game it sounds like he'll focus his efforts into bringing one or two in.

dongonzalos

Looks like you are saying your mass hysteria posts of about a month ago were perhaps premature dongonzales as I commented about a month or so ago! :thinking about:
Looks like you like my 28 man squad argument of 22 plyers with six or seven youngsters this is about right given the level and finances we have at our disposal.

Not that the result really matters too much but a great start for the boys, let's hope we carry on the good form in the pre-season and really hit the ground running when season starts.

Looking at squad as it stands think we def need a bigger striker in the mix and also a more experienced/robust centre mid then it is in pretty good shape. On striker side you omitted Jeffers Dongonzales who fairly or unfairly I now class as not a raw youngster. Also not seen much of him but Daniels seemed quite tall could he fit the ? role up top as well? What are poeple's thoughts on Daniels?

Yes John, I gave you some flack. I felt the panic back then was well and truelly merrited. I never expected in a million years SISU would sign 4 and have another 2 on trial and are considering trying to get a couple of strikers.
Where your faith in them came from is well and truelly beyond me.....

I fully expected 7 to go 1 to come in and them not to care if we stayed up or were relegated.

My own suspicion is that they now know that the council/ACL wont allow then to negioate both reduced rent or a share in the stadium without taking the team seriously. I think this has sunk in, they realise that thay have been given no choice but to do this to achieve their long term stratergy.

We are not there yet but if we sign Jennings, a striker and a creative midfielder with only Keogh going out. I will be big enough to don my cap to you and say you were right.

Regrading the kids, Jeffers is still one in my book. Only Christie and Thomas can have the non kids status due to their experience playing for Cov. They are no longer an unknown quantity.

I am more than happy with 22 players with experience.
to be supplemented with 10 kids as long as we have 22 with experience, that is key for me. Make those extra signings and we will have it. We are not there yet but we are going the rightway.

I hope you turn out to have been right and I turn out to be wrong

I did not discount Jeffers I still class him as kid till we see what he can do for Cov over 20 appearances.

The 10 kids

Burge
Ruffles
Garner
Jeffers
Willis
Wilson
Henderson
Roberts
Daniels
Phillips

Last edited:

torchomatic

Another minute, another resurrected post.

Grendel

------------..........Murphy/Dunn---------------
Clarke/Christie----Malaga-..-Wood----HusseyKilbane
.........................Willis....Cameron

---------..........Jennings/Deegan---------

Baker/Fleck--------Thomas/ ?---.........................Bell/McSheffery---
-----------------------------
-------
...................McDonald----Elliott---------
.........................ROD.............?

Just missing that creative midfielder and decent striker, Then we have 22 good players

Supported by the kids

Why humiliate yourself by reminding us you thought this was a good squad?

Users who are viewing this thread