Squad for Port Vale (1 Viewer)

Ccfcisparks

With a couple of new faces i'd be interested to see what everyone would go with.
Personally i would go with:

RCC
Loretzson Stephens Ricketts Stokes
Rose Fleck
JOB Cole Murphy
Armstrong

Bench: Burge, Haynes, Cargill, Maddison, Lameiras, Fortune, Martin (If Fit)

Otis

I see Port Vale are winning tonight! Stays like that and they will be 5 points behind us.

Beat us and it will just be 2. Gulp!!

We need to pick up a point at least there don't we.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

SkyBlue_Bear83

Port Vale have every chance of beating us Sunday and very little chance of finishing in the play offs. Very good at home but dogshite away.

st john

Vale have had only 37% possession so far tonight so a win is not a foregone conclusion yet

Steve.B50

With a couple of new faces i'd be interested to see what everyone would go with.
Personally i would go with:

RCC
Loretzson Stephens Ricketts Stokes
Rose Fleck
JOB Cole Murphy
Armstrong

Bench: Burge, Haynes, Cargill, Maddison, Lameiras, Fortune, Martin (If Fit)

Would be be happy with this team, except I would rather have the Kit Man on the bench that Fortune

Grendel

Ha ha SteveB50 has another fortune hate post and he believes Maddison shouldn't be in the first 11 - as indeed does the OP

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Ha ha SteveB50 has another fortune hate post and he believes Maddison shouldn't be in the first 11 - as indeed does the OP
He might be happier if Maddison was in the team. Why is it a hate post re Fortune he doesn't rate him? A bit like you and Ryan H I would have thought. I don't rate RCC but don't hate him

ClarkeZ

We need to pick up at least a point Sunday. Although I would take a draw ahead of time if offered!

I'd be inclined to change the formation slightly to give us a slightly different shape. Maybe catch Port Vale off guard.

----------------Burge

Lorentzon Cargill Ricketts Stokes

Rose-----------Fleck----------JOB

-------Maddison----Lameiras

-------------Armstrong

Give RCC a rest and Burge a chance to settle the back 4. Less chaotic passing.

I'd be expecting a more fluid shape, when attacking either side midfielder to press on and the other to swing into the middle to assist fleck. So JOB goes forward, Rose swings in the middle with Fleck, Maddison pushes wider right, Lameiras goes more central. And vice versa on the other side. Its something PV wont be expecting and might know how to handle, plus we've seen how JOB, Lameiras, Maddison and Arma have linked up in the past. I know the jury is very much out on Jim but I rate him, think he brings an energy and urgency to the team that we lack without him, and especially without Vince too.

4waspsting

Dont be to excited about getting any result at port vale they are within striking distance, am looking at another defeat.

matesx

Murphy shouldn't be anywhere near a starting place on Sunday.

This is a match for players with a bit of bottle.

....i would drop RCC too i just dont rate the guy, does not command any authority whatsoever for me.

covcity4life

....i would drop RCC too i just dont rate the guy, does not command any authority whatsoever for me.

but burge has been worse when he has played

rupert_bear

I will be surprised if Stephens doesn't play I think TM might revert to having Ricketts back at right back. Hunt will atleast be on the bench too as will Lamieras. I was impressed with Lorentzen last week too, could he fit in the wide midfield spot ? Maddison ? Don't know what to expect there but I will be disappointed if he is out the squad and I hope supporters give him plenty of support, he was always moving on, we all know that.

rupert_bear

RCC has been off form recently but in fairness the defence in front of him since Turner got injured has been awful, when we had a settled defence we went quite a number of games not conceding and Cooke was doing okay he's another youngster in his first season as a first teamer to be fair

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We need to pick up at least a point Sunday. Although I would take a draw ahead of time if offered!

I'd be inclined to change the formation slightly to give us a slightly different shape. Maybe catch Port Vale off guard.

----------------Burge

Lorentzon Cargill Ricketts Stokes

Rose-----------Fleck----------JOB

-------Maddison----Lameiras

-------------Armstrong

Give RCC a rest and Burge a chance to settle the back 4. Less chaotic passing.

I'd be expecting a more fluid shape, when attacking either side midfielder to press on and the other to swing into the middle to assist fleck. So JOB goes forward, Rose swings in the middle with Fleck, Maddison pushes wider right, Lameiras goes more central. And vice versa on the other side. Its something PV wont be expecting and might know how to handle, plus we've seen how JOB, Lameiras, Maddison and Arma have linked up in the past. I know the jury is very much out on Jim but I rate him, think he brings an energy and urgency to the team that we lack without him, and especially without Vince too.

That's a really well chosen team. As I keep banging on about Murphy I'll refrain here, but I definitely think it's a good thing he is not in the team here. Would be good to see Lameiras play with Maddison and Jim behind Armstrong again, and I'm excited to see what Lorentzon and Rose can bring. Think they could both be very useful players, albeit might be hard on a cold Sunday afternoon in Port Vale!

shmmeee

Why should he be? He hasn't been automatic first choice, in fact he's generally only come in when Cole isn't fit, and Cole should be fit.

I never play Madders in my FIFA team, he's not as good as Joe Cole.

And Fortune is shit. We'd be better off giving Sambou experience.

shmmeee

RCC
Ricketts Stevens Cargill Stokes
Rose Fleck
JOB Cole Murphy
Arma

S: Burge, Ramage, Haynes, Bigi, Lameiras, Hunt, Sambou

ClarkeZ

RCC
Ricketts Stevens Cargill Stokes
Rose Fleck
JOB Cole Murphy
Arma

S: Burge, Ramage, Haynes, Bigi, Lameiras, Hunt, Sambou

No Lorentzon, even on the bench? Any reason?
I have a feeling he wont risk playing both Stephens and Cargill together. Probably more likely to bring Stephens in for Vince and leave Ricketts in the middle with Lorentzon at RB.

shmmeee

I have a feeling he wont risk playing both Stephens and Cargill together. Probably more likely to bring Stephens in for Vince and leave Ricketts in the middle with Lorentzon at RB.

Reason is Ricketts and Stevens can both play RB, but no one else can play CB/LB. Same for having Bigi on the bench, I choose my benches based on covering every position.

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Right, I've seen a few posts in various saying about how we should drop Maddison. The fickleness of our fans is utterly astounding.

- Maddison comes back from injury
- "Play him, play him!"
- Maddison gets rotated with other players
- "Play him! What is Mowbray playing at?"
- Maddison signs for Norwich but is loaned back for the rest of the season
- "Drop him!"

Unbelievable.

You play your best team. We are currently in a fantastic position of getting a top 6 play off berth for the first time since we got relegated from the Premiership. We have bought in so quality loan players who blow hot and cold but on their day rip this league to shreds. If they were consistent, they wouldn't be here. Maddison is probably one of our best 11 players currently fit and at the club, him moving to Norwich changes nothing in terms of team selection for the current promotion charge of this season.

Plan for the future? Plan for next season? We're not going to drop Armstrong because he's a loanee and we're not going to drop Fleck because there is a high chance he'll leave in the summer.

Time to turn the form around, play our best players and have our season since we had Robbie Keane where we have something to cheer about and enjoy.

pusbccfc

Play Tudgay alongside Armstrong. I think it would work a treat, especially away from home.

johnwillomagic

Yep I think Tudguy should play up top - would rather play 4-4-2 but think Tony will play 4-2-3-1
so......

Burge GK
Lorentzon RB
Stokes LB
Stevens CB
Ricketts CB
Fleck DCM
Rose DCM
Murphy ACM
Maddison ACM
Armstrong ACM
Tudguy ST

Subs: RCC, JOB, Cargill, Haynes, Bigi, Cole, Fortune

Grendel

Yep I think Tudguy should play up top - would rather play 4-4-2 but think Tony will play 4-2-3-1
so......

Burge GK
Lorentzon RB
Stokes LB
Stevens CB
Ricketts CB
Fleck DCM
Rose DCM
Murphy ACM
Maddison ACM
Armstrong ACM
Tudguy ST

Subs: RCC, JOB, Cargill, Haynes, Bigi, Cole, Fortune

Too many loans?

dongonzalos

.................RCC
Loren...Ricketts..Stephens....Stokes
.............Vincelot.Fleck...................
.......JOB...................Hunt
................Maddison............
................Armstrong..........
At 60 mins bring on Cole Muphy and Lameries

For me but I think TM will do the same formation but murphy for Job.
Last two matches have sown the importance of Fleck

Last edited:

skybluelee

.................RCC
Loren...Ricketts..Stephens....Stokes
.............Vincelot.Fleck...................
.......JOB...................Hunt
................Maddison............
................Armstrong..........
At 60 mins bring on Cole Muphy and Lameries

For me but I think TM will do the same formation but murphy for Job.
Last two matches have sown the importance of Fleck

Vincelot suspended.

Otis

Lorentzson did more than enough to retain his place, as long as he is fit enough.

Ricketts is more vulnerable at right back because he is not the fastest.

torchomatic

fernandopartridge

Right, I've seen a few posts in various saying about how we should drop Maddison. The fickleness of our fans is utterly astounding.

- Maddison comes back from injury
- "Play him, play him!"
- Maddison gets rotated with other players
- "Play him! What is Mowbray playing at?"
- Maddison signs for Norwich but is loaned back for the rest of the season
- "Drop him!"

Unbelievable.

You play your best team. We are currently in a fantastic position of getting a top 6 play off berth for the first time since we got relegated from the Premiership. We have bought in so quality loan players who blow hot and cold but on their day rip this league to shreds. If they were consistent, they wouldn't be here. Maddison is probably one of our best 11 players currently fit and at the club, him moving to Norwich changes nothing in terms of team selection for the current promotion charge of this season.

Plan for the future? Plan for next season? We're not going to drop Armstrong because he's a loanee and we're not going to drop Fleck because there is a high chance he'll leave in the summer.

Time to turn the form around, play our best players and have our season since we had Robbie Keane where we have something to cheer about and enjoy.

My reason for him not playing is a footballing one. I think we need to be more aggressive and O'Brien offers this. Especially away from home.

Otis

I think Maddison should be on the bench for Sunday. Just let the past week's stuff blow over. Might just be affecting his mindset at the moment.

Bring him back in the following week once the dust has settled.

Otis

Other teams will have the jump on us too, with their playing Saturday.

Hope they all slip up or don't gain ground.

Users who are viewing this thread