Spoke to my guy again (1 Viewer)

pipkin73

I asked if things had changed regarding the stadium, I was told NO. Club still hopeful of a return but if they don't get their way a new 12,000 one will be built (can be extended if required). I then asked about the team/players/manager and was told that SP is using our problems to his advantage, he has the players believing that they can get promoted, and that if they do get promoted then we have to move back to the Ricoh. The owners have no choice but to move us back (remember not my words). But also by the sounds of it, if we don't go up this season players will be sold. I asked If that means they won't be in January, I was told that aslong as we have a chance of going up they won't sell unless a stupid offer comes in. They won't accept league 1 value as they know the players are worth more than that.

Astute

I asked if things had changed regarding the stadium, I was told NO. Club still hopeful of a return but if they don't get their way a new 12,000 one will be built (can be extended if required). I then asked about the team/players/manager and was told that SP is using our problems to his advantage, he has the players believing that they can get promoted, and that if they do get promoted then we have to move back to the Ricoh. The owners have no choice but to move us back (remember not my words). But also by the sounds of it, if we don't go up this season players will be sold. I asked If that means they won't be in January, I was told that aslong as we have a chance of going up they won't sell unless a stupid offer comes in. They won't accept league 1 value as they know the players are worth more than that.

They have accepted stupid offers in the past. I suppose it is up to how low these stupid offers are.

philmcc

So despite the points deduction they will sell players if we don't get promoted .....rather than hold onto them for next season where we will have a much more realistic chance. Same old short sighted mistakes.

Nick

Administrator
Boo hiss they are going to sell all of our players, then when they don't they get slated too.

Hobo

Let's not have another debate about speculation. No offence pipkin to your source.....but so many things can change between now and some unknown point in the future.

Interesting to note but not lets get hung up on the prospects.

Astute

Boo hiss they are going to sell all of our players, then when they don't they get slated too.

I didn't see them get slated for not selling, although they have admitted they would for the right price. We knew that anyway. They have made us into a division 3 team. And they have done enough wrong to get slated for. This is unless you want to thank them for taking us to Northampton and keeping us there hoping ACL will cave in with all this stupid litigation. And I will keep slating them whilst we are playing in Northampton. They could bring us back as soon as they want. But they are making all of us suffer.

blueflint

why sell just let the contracts run out that normal for this lot

Sutty

And they have done enough wrong to get slated for.

This is exactly the point. Slate them for stuff they have done wrong, there are countless examples.

Resorting to slating them over conjecture, speculation or conspiracy (fiddling of attendances at Sixfields for example) just makes it look like a vendetta rather than reasonable criticism.

saltaire bantam

A new stadium will never be built, never, never, ever, ever.

I know I am a broken record but I had email saying SBT was missing me....................

Otis

I've just spoken to my guy and he says if I don't get off the internet and get back to work straight away he's going to fire me.

Not sure to what degree this effects Coventry City returning to the Ricoh this season.

And can I just ask if everyone 'has a guy?' Or is it only the select few?

Hobo

I've just spoken to my guy and he says if I don't get off the internet and get back to work straight away he's going to fire me.

Not sure to what degree this effects Coventry City returning to the Ricoh this season.

And can I just ask if everyone 'has a guy?' Or is it only the select few?

I have a femme fatale!!!

bezzer

why sell just let the contracts run out that normal for this lot

Ahhhhhh right, so CCFC intentionally let players contracts run down so they can leave for nothing? Wow, we must be the only club in the country to have not extended or offered a new contract to a player who wants to leave!

I'm glad I know that now.

But hang on. I seem to remember back in the summer of 1983, didn't half a dozen players run their contracts down and leave for nothing? Maybe SISU were involved in that too!

_brian_

Ahhhhhh right, so CCFC intentionally let players contracts run down so they can leave for nothing? Wow, we must be the only club in the country to have not extended or offered a new contract to a player who wants to leave!

I'm glad I know that now.

But hang on. I seem to remember back in the summer of 1983, didn't half a dozen players run their contracts down and leave for nothing? Maybe SISU were involved in that too!

I doubt it, mate! Might want to check your CCFC history book! LOL!!!

Hobo

"A femme fatale tries to achieve her hidden purpose by using feminine wiles such as beauty, charm, and sexual allure. In some situations, she uses lying or coercion rather than charm." - Wikipedia

;)

She is very good at it too ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread