Spice Girls (1 Viewer)

Gaz

Anyone being dragged along to the show at the Ricoh?
My mum gave me a Christmas card saying she’s got me two tickets for the Spice girls show which I thought was actually a joke.... until I got a text tonight to remind me not to forget and that she’ll drop the tickets off round.

My god

Otis

Depends how much some would pay me I guess.

£100 and I would probably go along.

chiefdave

Did laugh when I saw people were complaining it didn't sound great. Its the Spice Girls, what were they expecting?

They were knocking out 2 for 1 tickets on Ticketmaster a couple of weeks back, same for Bon Jovi, guess ticket sales aren't great.

rob9872

Tbf we went to see Take That and Rick Astley in Brum last week and I was feeling the same before but actually enjoyed it. I think if you go with zero expectations you'll have a good time, although that said a nice bite to eat and a few pints probably helped :)

CJ_covblaze

Did laugh when I saw people were complaining it didn't sound great. Its the Spice Girls, what were they expecting?

They were knocking out 2 for 1 tickets on Ticketmaster a couple of weeks back, same for Bon Jovi, guess ticket sales aren't great.

Is that for hospitality? One night sold out really quickly didn’t it?

Terry Gibson's perm

I guess you can’t keep trying to flog tickets for the same old tired groups, but I guess on drunken arseholes they will be saying replace us with more concerts

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I bet if Richard Wright of Pink Floyd was still alive and they reformed for a few concerts, they'd pack every venue out! There are some that have had the following and always will, and others that are shite!

fellatio_Martinez

Regarding bad sound.

Who the fuck buys a ticket at the back of a stadium anyway? Sound restrictions and piss poor acoustics will always result in poor sound. Especially in huge stadiums like Wembley or Croke Park.

Sound at The Ricoh has always been decent for a stadium as it's relatively small and one tiered. I've seen a few bands there had no complaints.

I'm sure the Spice Girls will mime the roof off.

skyblueinBaku

Regarding bad sound.

Who the fuck buys a ticket at the back of a stadium anyway? Sound restrictions and piss poor acoustics will always result in poor sound. Especially in huge stadiums like Wembley or Croke Park.

Sound at The Ricoh has always been decent for a stadium as it's relatively small and one tiered. I've seen a few bands there had no complaints.

I'm sure the Spice Girls will mime the roof off.
It's a pity that the sound at the Ricoh isn't 'decent' during a match. That PA system is dreadful.

Grendel

I’ve heard better noises out of my backside after a dodgy vindaloo

larry_david

Saw them last night at the etihhad. Stadium was pretty decent, had lifts it was that high.

Sound was decent enough. Thousands of birds, several very decent,several absolute shockers. I counted about 3 straight guys...

ajsccfc

Checkatrade Trophy style queues outside by the looks of it, just hordes of people and no organisation.

chiefdave

Checkatrade Trophy style queues outside by the looks of it, just hordes of people and no organisation.
As much as I like to laugh at Wasps I find it quite sad how rapidly things have gone downhill at the Ricoh. The top people at ACL may not have given a shit when it was under council / Higgs control but the staff on the ground were good at their jobs and very highly regarded in the industry, in fact several awards were won.

Now they can't even organise getting people in to the venue. Its the same with our match days, its a noticeable downhill trend.

Add in that in an age where most companies are quick to respond to any social media criticism they complete ignore anything that isn't praising them. Why are they not taking on board what their customers are saying.

Edit: just had a look myself on twitter, seems its not just problems getting in. People posting that it mayhem inside the stadium and the support act is inaudible.

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

I know this is not football related.
Dropped my Daughter and her friends off at the Ricoh for the Spice Girls concert.
As usual drove to Bedlam lane, there must have been 15 cars with Parking tickets just on that short road, council making some money tonight.
Also heard that there was a lack of stewarding and people were pushing in as the queues were massive, many will miss Jess Glyn who is on first.
Looks like some things never change when the crowd is bigger then 20,000.
Going to see Bon Jovi there in a few weeks hope they get it sorted.

chiefdave

Ha what's going on?
No queue management, turnstiles not working, lack of beer & food, stewards not having a clue etc etc. Basically like one of our games but with more people who are getting pissed off a lot quicker as they aren't used to putting up with it every week.

Hobo

and don't park in Bedlam Lane for Bon Jovi!

Mr Panda

I got my girlfriend and her mate to walk the final 20 minutes because our satnav predicted we'd be stuck in traffic for the same amount of time.

What other modes of transport are feasible for the ricoh? It seems so poorly connected to other parts of the city. Love that we're getting these kind of events but it's crazy how our infrastructure just shuts down

Users who are viewing this thread