Spartacus: War of the damned (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

New season starts next month January 25th 2013, It will be the final season of the series.

- Season 3 Trailer -

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qXoC-DykyM[/video]

Otis

Anyone else doing what I'm doing and recording it and then upon playback, fast forwarding through all the homosexual sex scenes?

Nowt against homosexuals and homosexuality at all, but can't say I'm too enamoured watching two blokes snogging and sticking it to each other on screen.

rob9872

I'm spartacus!

(and so is my wife)

rob9872

Anyone else doing what I'm doing and recording it and then upon playback, fast forwarding through all the homosexual sex scenes?

Nowt against homosexuals and homosexuality at all, but can't say I'm too enamoured watching two blokes snogging and sticking it to each other on screen.

Is that because you're embarrassed that you'llget an erection in front of the wife?

Otis

Not really.

Her erection is always a lot more proud and perky than I can ever manage believe me.

Thai brides eh!! :whistle:

Paxman II

You can't watch this series without first seeing the first two. Pure brilliance all the way. Just watched episode 5 and after a slower start to the third series it has got really good again.
A bit like watching a Tarentino esk type production but gripping every week. They had to replace Spartacus after the second series as the original actor died sadly from cancer.
Of course if you read your history we all know hat happens in the end...

Otis

You can't watch this series without first seeing the first two. Pure brilliance all the way. Just watched episode 5 and after a slower start to the third series it has got really good again.
A bit like watching a Tarentino esk type production but gripping every week. They had to replace Spartacus after the second series as the original actor died sadly from cancer.
Of course if you read your history we all know hat happens in the end...

Yep. Kirk Douglas and Tony Curtis speak in American accents for the entire movie.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

RegTheDonk

Don't really bother me, it's not trying to make a statement unlike - for example - Torchwood: where the lead actor is gay, as is the head writer/creator, and they take every opportunity to shove a gay scene down your throat to promote homosexuality. Spartacus just gets on with it and if there's any "male bonding", its just part of the show along with all the other shagging going on. In fact, a lot of the Romans of the time weren't bothered what hole they were putting it down - they were far more liberated that we are in the 21st century! :)

As to Spartacus the TV programme, I think its one of the best US imports we've had for years. Top notch story, quality stunts, great characters (even after losing one of the best "baddies" ever). Ultimately you know where its going to end, but the twists and sub-plots getting there keep you gripped.

Otis

Agree with you about Torchwood.

Must be just me then. I had to turn my head away last week when the two blokes were kissing and having sex.

Just made me feel sick.

Would have been the same if it was some bloke sticking it to a 93 year old woman too.

I am very pro gay rights and equality for all, but that sort of thing as a viewing image just turns my stomach.

RegTheDonk

Agree with you about Torchwood.

Must be just me then. I had to turn my head away last week when the two blokes were kissing and having sex.

Just made me feel sick.

I am very pro gay rights and equality for all, but that sort of thing as a viewing image just turns my stomach.

In fairness Otis, I'm OK with it 'cause I know its only acting. The only time I winced at a scene like that was Scum, but I was only a kid then myself. However, if I clicked the gay section of x-hamster, I'd have the same reaction as you!

Would have been the same if it was some bloke sticking it to a 93 year old woman too.
Misfits, series 1...yuck! but bloody funny at the hero's reaction!

Otis

Yep, remember the Scum scene.

Couldn't stomach that either.

As I say, maybe it's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread