Match Thread Southampton - Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 9th Apr (4 Viewers)

ProfessorbyGrace

GIMOC however suggested he'd damaged 8 vertebrae in his back and would be lucky to walk again
🤣

‘tAkE mY wOrD hE iS iN a WhEeLcHaIr!’

Somewhat surprised that he took him off for a mere winding, though.

Skyblueweeman

I have never seen a ref approach a player during the run up to a penalty ever before! That has to disturb his concentration and focus surely.
To be fair, once he blew the whistle, Haji took an eternity to take it. I genuinely thought someone had pressed the pause button on him.

And I was surprised he didn't approach him sooner.

djr8369

I think the difference is that we are on the home straight, there is no room for taking your foot off the gas

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Also worth mentioning you can’t take anything Robins says at face value. He’s a good man manager and politician. When he speaks he’s sometimes talking to the fans, sometimes the players, and sometimes the owner. Often all three.

As others have said sometimes the players aren’t really that tired but need a bit of protection from too much criticism while they find form. Sometimes they really are tired but as he said last night at times you need to grit your teeth and find a bit more.

robbiethemole

Just had a quick skim of the Saints board, fuck me!! those years in the Prem must have really addled their brains, cos most of them think it was a good game of footy from them!!!!

MalcSB

From the Saints board
Coventry fans 23:15 - Apr 9 with 1079 views
Thought they were excellent tonight, the 15 minute rendition of twist and shout was fun, I’d love Saints fans to find a catchy song instead of the monotonous oh when the saints every 5 minutes.

Coventry fans on 08:46 - Apr 10 by Manhattan_Lynx

"Football in a library" on repeat for extended periods determines that not to be the case.

Not that i want to encourage this sort of thing but if i was a coventry fan i'd absolutely bin that off and replace it with

This ground, is sounding like a ghost ground
(why don't you hear the home fans sing)

This ground, is sounding like a ghost ground
(why don't you hear the home fans sing)

ptr

I'm glad you're not my doctor, making a wrong diagnosis from the stands or online.
Mr Bean Thumbs Up GIF

hamertime

What I can’t get my head around is when their player scored with his elbow why were our players not surrounding the ref putting pressure on him it looked a blatant handball.

nunchuckas

Also worth mentioning you can’t take anything Robins says at face value. He’s a good man manager and politician. When he speaks he’s sometimes talking to the fans, sometimes the players, and sometimes the owner. Often all three.

As others have said sometimes the players aren’t really that tired but need a bit of protection from too much criticism while they find form. Sometimes they really are tired but as he said last night at times you need to grit your teeth and find a bit more.
Yeah, my respect is that high for the man's genius that I often think he's relaying subliminal messages within messages sometimes!

My theory for last night's interview though is that he's being prescient and sending an indirect message to the team regarding the run in. After Blues, it's 2 games a week until the end of the season, and he's letting the players know tiredness/fatigue is no excuse at this stage of the season. So they need find that bit extra during the run in.

Users who are viewing this thread