Some pictures from the game at the weekend. Protest before/after shots from Lloyds P (1 Viewer)

Some pics from the FA cup game to try and demonstrate the effect of the protest.

Attachments

• singers before after.jpg
    singers before after.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 252
  • telegraph before after.jpg
    telegraph before after.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 220
  • Tesco before after.jpg
    Tesco before after.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 200
  • SISU out by SFC.jpg
    SISU out by SFC.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 216

torchomatic

What I found odd was that the attendance was 9000 bang on. I don't think I've ever known an attendance like that before. As for protesters coming after 15 minutes; I never noticed. There must have been about 10 of them.

torchomatic

No, not slagging off anybody, Valiant. I just expected people to pour through the gates, but it seemed just as empty after 15 as before.

torchomatic

J

Jack Griffin

Good evidence, send it to the papers. 9000, utter bullshit!

johnamcp

Any body got the patience to blow the pictures up!!!!! It would only take you a couple of hours to count them. Give us a rough guide !!!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Was surprised at the figure of 9000 (a) because it was spot on that (but it is as good a number as any I suppose) and (b) because i wasnt expecting it to be that high.

Based on the pictures here though, if you do a bit of revisualing to see it in full blocks equivalents I suppose it could be close to that. I would say there was enough in the tescos stand to fill 3 blocks of seats, enough in the CT to fill at least one block. Each block is what 52 rows and 26 seats per row? Thats 5408 plus 1750 from away fans plus say 1000 in the posh seats, jsb's etc = 8158

BUt in the end does it really matter - it was always going to be low, (yet apparently the average number per game for round 3 was up on last year). People voted with their feet and have stayed away this season. It doesnt help the finances but understand why.

Personally for a whole lot of reasons concerning the club I stayed away Saturday - I chose to show my support for the Club on the day by watching the U18's play...... a far more positive attitude from that team.... and a positive experience because of it

Perhaps rather than going to some First Team games we should go support the U18's instead there by register a form of protest in that manner yet supporting the club ? They are our future afterall.....

Last edited:
What is strange is 2010 we played pompey who were in the premiership in the 3rd round the attendance was around 7500 2011 when we were around the play offs we played palace the attendance was around 8500 and yet this season with boycotts and protests the attendance was 9000. Something just aint right

Sub

good report on the bbc local news this afternoon about the protests hopefully be on again later tonight !!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread