Some of our fans tonight... (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

honestly... some of those questions were embarrassing...

Do you know how important having a brand is?

Do you honestly think we should spend £40m on players?

Do you know the difference between debit and credit?
:facepalm:

gally9

Tragically tragically scary individuals.. Mind you, a bloke near me on sunday thought that David mcgoldrick was Steven Jennings.. Nothing surprises me now :)

Danceswithhorses

It was amateurs (mostly) with little understanding, asking questions from professionals, who actually came out of it quite well.
It was easy to bat down the more ridiculous questions....IMHO, the fans came out of it worst :facepalm:
If only we could organise our SBT 'big guns' to go along and at least ask the right incisive, in depth and intelligent questions :thinking about:

AFCCOVENTRY

That SBT guy was a complete embarrassment. We are not a brand but a football club....

Which century do you live in? You can't generate money for a club if it isn' branded... :facepalm:

ajsccfc

The brand thing was a bit awkward, particularly when someone said 'I'm a fan of a football club, not a brand'. Outside of fairly cheap point-scoring to please a room, they're not mutually exclusive

Gray

Was also a shame that certain people there thought they were more important than others and should've had the microphone to themself all night

Colonel Mustard

The brand thing was a bit awkward, particularly when someone said 'I'm a fan of a football club, not a brand'. Outside of fairly cheap point-scoring to please a room, they're not mutually exclusive

What was particularly galling was the insistence that he was "speaking for the fans". Not in my name.

Sky Blue Ian

Was also a shame that certain people there thought they were more important than others and should've had the microphone to themself all night

Yes I noticed Lionel Bird giving Stuart Linnell a hard time for not letting him ask any more questions

torchomatic

I think the problem is most people go there for a verbal fight and make themselves look stupid. That's why I never talk in public, only from behind a keyboard....

wal3590

My favourite was " why do we always sell players like Dann and scott"

Scott Dann and Dann Scott both top players....

Nick

Administrator
Full of old fellas looking for an argument.. Check the guy in the blue top and the bloke with the beard, they look like they would stab you!

coventry-city-fans-forum-325037369.jpg

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Before we all get superior i would ask you just bear in mind the following

- CCFC is a very emotive subject to these fans whether they are clever or not, that will cloud thought and judgement. unlikely that points will be put forward clearly or as intended
- most fans are not financial experts and will not understand what is put to them or question it on the hoof
- most fans are not used to speaking to newspapers, radio or TV and therefore not likely to make a good fist of it
- There was a lot of heckling and other distractions and that wont have helped people think clearly, nor will the thought of each questionner as he was speaking "please dont make a pratt of myself"

on the otherside you have a slick professional duo very used to speaking to groups, crowds and not least media. TF above all is an excellent front man, yes he has financial skills but it isnt just him doing that side of things, but he is a very very skilled speaker, able to relax under questioning and to lead the discussion without seeming to. Waggott is very used speaking to media, comes across as a good football guy and uses that attribute. Together they are a strong front for the club and SISU both singing from the same hymn sheet. These two are probably the most skilled front we have seen to CCFC in years even decades

In the middle experienced media men

No real wonder that the fans questioning seemed less than professional compared to who they were up against.

Covstu

Agreed oldskyblue. It is people speaking from the heart because they love the club, it is easy passing judgement here on the forum but not as easy to address the men in charge.

Users who are viewing this thread