Some numbers (1 Viewer)

Gosb

We have 47 points from 28 games. At that rate we'll end up with 77 points. At 2 points per remaining game we'll end up with 83 points. Last year the teams that won promotion from League 2 scored 85 to 87 points. The play-off teams scored 70 to 77 points; the team winning the play-offs (Blackpool) scored just 70 points. So all to play for.

Sky Blue Harry H

Max has scored 1 goal, 14 is my favourite number, I saw Greg Downs score from 30 yards past Seaman at QPR, and 1987 is also a great number. Does this mean it's the automatics or play-offs, I've tried bashing all the numbers into my calculator and I'm still unsure.

Astute

We have 47 points from 28 games. At that rate we'll end up with 77 points. At 2 points per remaining game we'll end up with 83 points. Last year the teams that won promotion from League 2 scored 85 to 87 points. The play-off teams scored 70 to 77 points; the team winning the play-offs (Blackpool) scored just 70 points. So all to play for.
So if we can average 2 points a game we will just not be good enough for automatic promotion. But we will be too good to have to go into the play-offs?

Samo

Max has scored 1 goal, 14 is my favourite number, I saw Greg Downs score from 30 yards past Seaman at QPR, and 1987 is also a great number. Does this mean it's the automatics or play-offs, I've tried bashing all the numbers into my calculator and I'm still unsure.

Crikey! I've just checked and that particular combination of numbers means you are about to spontaneously com-bust. (According to Satanists Weekly anyway)

Gosb

I expected the regulars to have a bit of fun with the numbers, but I think it's telling us that we need to up our rate to 2 points per game if we want automatic promotion. Last year Portsmouth, Plymouth and Doncaster were way ahead of the rest. 83 points should do it.

NortonSkyBlue

Well to put the promotion points tally to bed I have crunched the numbers and can categorically state the the first three will be promoted with more points than all other sides in the division(caveat; unless they finish equal with other teams but those sides have worse goal difference)

SonofErnie

I expected the regulars to have a bit of fun with the numbers, but I think it's telling us that we need to up our rate to 2 points per game if we want automatic promotion. Last year Portsmouth, Plymouth and Doncaster were way ahead of the rest. 83 points should do it.

It means repeating our form from the last 6 games, though 12 wins from 18 (assuming no draws) is a tough ask. To do it I think we're heavily reliant on improving our away form which is mediocre at best.

Gazolba

It all comes down to us scoring goals and stopping the opposition from scoring.
I'm not optimistic since we have one of the worst goal-keepers and one of the worst strike forces.
We need McNulty to keep scoring, Biamou to start scoring regularly and Ponticelli to be given a chance.

Sky Blue Harry H

Crikey! I've just checked and that particular combination of numbers means you are about to spontaneously com-bust. (According to Satanists Weekly anyway)

Have another go - still ok (eating an apple !)

Johnnythespider

9, 34, 53, 91, 2×119 and a large chips, my last Chinese take away.
We will go up autos.

bawtryneal

We have a better chance of being promoted than relegated
When was the last time we could have said that with any confidence.

Captain Dart

We have a better chance of being promoted than relegated
When was the last time we could have said that with any confidence.
2 seasons ago about this time, 3 months later the situation had changed.

Users who are viewing this thread