Some massive news about Mercia, BRMB, Wyvern and Beacon. (1 Viewer)

Cov City Daytrader 87

I know. I knew somewhere down the that Mercia could be rebranded, but 'Free Radio'?:confused:

You could just think that some people will get the wrong idea and go into an electrical store, only to be accused of shoplifting.:eek:

coundonskyblue

Well if they don't want to be associated with Coventry/Warwickshire anymore then I wont be listening to it. Shame as Mercia isn't too bad at the moment.

Cov City Daytrader 87

Orion would be foolish to get rid of Breakfast and Drivetime. If that was bad, imagine Global retained Mercia and the other stations that Orion owned Breakfast and drive would of became regional (coming from Birmingham) and the rest of the output came from London. Mercia would of been renamed as Capital FM.

Oh and I'll let you into radio secret.

Take a prsenter in Russ Morris who does the mid-morning show on Merica and BRMB. When he does a link (that is a talk after 2/3 songs) he half the time doesn't mention the stations' name and at other times he mentions 'Mercia'. What's the secret?

The links where he doesn't mention the station name is live, whilst the other links with 'Mercia' on them are pre-recorded.

Cov City Daytrader 87

Just BBC Leciester comes from Leciester Coudonskyblue. With GEM 106 (Heart before it) the station was a established east midlands station. Now if talking about Leciester Sound, Ram FM and Trent FM then you're right. Evenything moved into Trent FM building, therefore closing down Leciester and the Derby building and low behold it becomes a regional breakfast show and of course it's called Capital FM East Midlands.

ccfctommy

Local radio is crap anyway. Always has been. I listen to BBC 6 music, no Olly Murs or Sex On fire every 30 minutes on there...

Local radio is crap anyway. Always has been. I listen to BBC 6 music, no Olly Murs or Sex On fire every 30 minutes on there...

But some pretty random crap, you must admit.

Kerrang when I'm in the car, they seem to be playing some better music this year and XFM when I'm listening to the digital radio at work.

Cov City Daytrader 87

With local (commercial) radio it plays mainstream pop music and it female bias. With 6 music, the station leans towards wider range of music instead of the mainstream pop, plus it leans towards a male audience.

coundonskyblue

Regardless of your taste in music, local radio has always done a lot of community and charity work for the local area which often goes unrecognised.

Cov City Daytrader 87

It will remain the same. Orion would have uproar from listeners in Hereford and Worcester, Shropshire, The Black Country and Coventry and Warwickshire if they do that.

Even Capital/Heart wouldn't just have all the money given to a London charity otherwise Global would be in trouble with the regulaters OFCOM.

coundonskyblue

They say now it will remain the same but I doubt it. Until last year I used to travel a lot to Norwich, their station used to be Radio Broadland. It was taken over by Heart FM and renamed Heart Norwich. Only a name change they said. A few months later they then merged it with their other Heart stations to become Heart East Anglia, with all local programing becoming regional programming.

Skyblueloyal

Can't remember the last time I listen to Mercia, when I am in my car I listen to my ipod tunes

Cov City Daytrader 87

They say now it will remain the same but I doubt it. Until last year I used to travel a lot to Norwich, their station used to be Radio Broadland. It was taken over by Heart FM and renamed Heart Norwich. Only a name change they said. A few months later they then merged it with their other Heart stations to become Heart East Anglia, with all local programing becoming regional programming.

Regional in Breakfast and Drive, otherwise everything from London.

Cov City Daytrader 87

Don't worry Nick. You won't presenters trying to be funny on Capital. It's just 10 seconds and then onto the next track.

Of course you could try Jack FM after 10 am. They have no presenters full stop.

Nick

Administrator
Capital tend to have a lot of talking :(

I prefer Hillz FM, u get me blud? :claping hands:

Users who are viewing this thread