Some good news (3 Viewers)

GaryJones

OK so weve not scored a goal in October so far and results seem hard to come by but today I've spotted some slightly more cheerful news.
Only 12,400 turned up at The Ricoh to witness Wasps lose their opening Premier League fixture to newly promoted London Irish 29-26 - see there is a god after all.
Yay!!

CCFC54321

OK so weve not scored a goal in October so far and results seem hard to come by but today I've spotted some slightly more cheerful news.
Only 12,400 turned up at The Ricoh to witness Wasps lose their opening Premier League fixture to newly promoted London Irish 29-26 - see there is a god after all.
Yay!!
400 of the attendance stupidly paid to watch that shit as well...

BackRoomRummermill

Yay!!

turned on 5 live x and heard Clive commentating on the insects the traitor , did realise he did national radio

GaryJones

Weird - it still looks like our ground. Sky Blues on the seats etc
Strange times!!

ccfc1234

12k lol

If there is over 8k there at a push I'm a Wasps fan

We're you a wasps fan before the infestation reached our City. If so fair enough and how fortunate you were your favourite rugby team decided to exile themselves from their ancestral home to be relocate to Coventry. If not do you not worry that you support a club that is nothing more than an opportunist sporting franchise.

Liquid Gold

We're you a wasps fan before the infestation reached our City. If so fair enough and how fortunate you were your favourite rugby team decided to exile themselves from their ancestral home to be relocate to Coventry. If not do you not worry that you support a club that is nothing more than an opportunist sporting franchise.
giphy.gif

pastythegreat

Yay!!
Have you seen any photos? I'm not having AT ALL that 12k were there. Personally, I dont think there was any more than 7-8k there. Were 5k people all in the toilets at exactly the se time?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Have you seen any photos? I'm not having AT ALL that 12k were there. Personally, I dont think there was any more than 7-8k there. Were 5k people all in the toilets at exactly the se time?
They traditionally start their season with a fancy dress day, this year they chose to come as sky blue seats.

I don't understand why they keep inflating attendance to a point that it is so obvious what they are doing. If they added a bit on and claimed it was something like 9.5K you'd have your doubts but not be certain. Whats the benefit in claiming there's 12K there when the game is on TV, social media etc and everyone can clearly see that's false?

Adge

Jeez! Don’t know which is worse, the obsession some people have with Sunderland or Wasps!
Who cares!

CanadianCCFC

Jeez! Don’t know which is worse, the obsession some people have with Sunderland or Wasps!
Who cares!
Completely different. The fortunes of Wasps has a significant impact on CCFC. Don’t you not go to St Ans? (Might be wrong but I seem to remember you saying that) If that’s the case then people in your situation especially should be following their results.

Adge

Completely different. The fortunes of Wasps has a significant impact on CCFC. Don’t you not go to St Ans? (Might be wrong but I seem to remember you saying that) If that’s the case then people in your situation especially should be following their results.
What for-I’m not the least bit interested in Wasps or rugby in general.

Travs

I watched a small amount of the game on Sky, and on the rare occasions they panned around the ground, it certainly didn’t look like 12k. Giving the benefit of the doubt I’d have said 9-10k tops.

The fact that they lost to the team who I believe just got promoted into the division is probably the most significant bit of good news...

Adge

Yeah but if they go to shit it could help bring CCFC back to Coventry. You don’t have to watch the games but just don’t complain when we enjoy their defeats.
Have you forgot? Plan A again is we are building our own stadium.

fernandopartridge

Are you talking to me?

WillenhallSkyBlues

Has anybody noticed that over the last year they’ve stopped tweeting the attendance. They used to tweet in capital letters when they were giving away 10k tickets. Don’t believe there was 12k there. 10k at a push.

Irish Sky Blue

Felt so pissed off when I went to Tesco earlier, Wasps shirts everywhere and some of them are so rude. I have a substantial hatred for the club and all their fans, especially the ones from Coventry
I’ve only been in the shopping centre once when Wasps played and was amazed at how many ‘fans’ were flooding through Tesco, most of them wearing some item of merchandise. This was at About 1.30pm for a 3pm KO. The social side is obviously as important (more important?) than the actual game.
However, looking at the above video that does look a really paltry crowd, no where near 12k unless they were all on the main stand side. Good news they lost. Let’s hope that this is a relegation season. Can’t see too many ‘fans’ sticking by a losing Wasps team.

CCFC54321

I’ve only been in the shopping centre once when Wasps played and was amazed at how many ‘fans’ were flooding through Tesco, most of them wearing some item of merchandise. This was at About 1.30pm for a 3pm KO. The social side is obviously as important (more important?) than the actual game.
However, looking at the above video that does look a really paltry crowd, no where near 12k unless they were all on the main stand side. Good news they lost. Let’s hope that this is a relegation season. Can’t see too many ‘fans’ sticking by a losing Wasps team.
I said on the other thread the wasps dream in Coventry is coming to an end and reality is hitting home. There was no where near 12,000 there today but I’m confused in why they are inflating gates?

robbiethemole

Yay!!

Another good bit of news is, Robins won't get nominated for MOM in October

Users who are viewing this thread