So... (1 Viewer)

Bennets Afro

who will the next manager be and when will he be appointed???

I'm still not sure who i'd like.

Di Matteo would be good and getting us playing pssesion football, but i don't think he will come here if you believe the papers

Gus Poyet would also be good, but he has had a million clubs already so he won't come here. We wouldn't even approach him.

Do we go big name tried and tested or go for young and hungry????

Nick

Administrator
I would like Puyet or somebody like that.

Somebody like Eddie Howe would have been good for his hunger like you say but then a big name like Sven at Leicester might attract decent players or know of hidden gems.

Lord_Nampil

I think Richard Shaw is a great candiate!

We do alot better with unproven managers than proven, even the great man himself Jimmy Hill was unproven!

And i think an appointment like Richard Shaw might actually the the ideal appointment because Andy Thorn isn't the Answer in my eyes hes another short term fix!

Snozzer

My top 3 would be Paul Tisdale (exeter), Lee Clark or Gus Poyet. You could argue that Poyet and Clark are in better jobs currently though so probably wouldn't be interested in taking us on.

Lord_Nampil

Posted on the 20-03-2011

I think Richard Shaw is a great candiate!

We do alot better with unproven managers than proven, even the great man himself Jimmy Hill was unproven!

And i think an appointment like Richard Shaw might actually the the ideal appointment because Andy Thorn isn't the Answer in my eyes hes another short term fix!

Looks like my views on Thorn date back to the very beginning!!!!!

jabharty

ashbyjan

What we need is an experienced manager who would instantly command respect from the players, organise what sparse resources we have and instil a sense of belief and intensity in the players and hope in the fans. Those who keep on about Carsley - what is this desire based on? A few decent results with our kids team that is basically run by Rioch? We needed someone like Warnock - even though I despise him as a human being his track record is unquestioned. Available managers: Martin Allen, Kevin Blackwell, Paul Bracewell, Ian Branfoot, Phil Brown, Steve Bruce, George Burley, Lee Clark, Alan Curbishley, Billy Davis, Simon Grayson, Paul Ince, Dave Jones, Peter Jackson, Roy Keane, Brian Laws, Gary McAllister, Mick McArthy, Sammy McIlroy, Keith Millen, Richard Money, Ronnie Moore, Mike Newell, Mark Robbins, Glenn Roeder, Steve Tilson, Colin Todd, Mick Wadsworth, Dennis Wise, Ray Wilkins, Nigel Worthington
Surely amongst those and any others people can name there must be someone who can do a better job than AT but unless its soon then there is no point as it will be too late.

EleanorRigby

Fecking hell that list of available managers is frightening, there's only one i would consider Lee Clark, maybe Billy Davies the rest would enhance my retirement from watching football not one would increase season ticket sales. Which is why i would go for a new guy, new to management especially if we are relegated. I'll refer you to our last 5 managers Reid, Adams, Dowie, Coleman and Boothroyd. All experienced ex-prem managers.

Last edited:

Mr T - Sukka!

You need someone with bag fulls of passion, you need someone the players would respect, you need a natural winner with great contacts in the game.

Arise sir Roy Keane! He would be perfect and kick them players asses into touch, and would not stand for some of the shite we have been doing.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
You need someone with bag fulls of passion, you need someone the players would respect, you need a natural winner with great contacts in the game.

Arise sir Roy Keane! He would be perfect and kick them players asses into touch, and would not stand for some of the shite we have been doing.

That's one person I wouldn't want here!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
What we need is an experienced manager who would instantly command respect from the players, organise what sparse resources we have and instil a sense of belief and intensity in the players and hope in the fans. Those who keep on about Carsley - what is this desire based on? A few decent results with our kids team that is basically run by Rioch? We needed someone like Warnock - even though I despise him as a human being his track record is unquestioned. Available managers: Martin Allen, Kevin Blackwell, Paul Bracewell, Ian Branfoot, Phil Brown, Steve Bruce, George Burley, Lee Clark, Alan Curbishley, Billy Davis, Simon Grayson, Paul Ince, Dave Jones, Peter Jackson, Roy Keane, Brian Laws, Gary McAllister, Mick McArthy, Sammy McIlroy, Keith Millen, Richard Money, Ronnie Moore, Mike Newell, Mark Robbins, Glenn Roeder, Steve Tilson, Colin Todd, Mick Wadsworth, Dennis Wise, Ray Wilkins, Nigel Worthington
Surely amongst those and any others people can name there must be someone who can do a better job than AT but unless its soon then there is no point as it will be too late.

er......... Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble & Grub! (and Uncle Tom Cobley and all?)

Disenchanted

Dreamer

who will the next manager be and when will he be appointed???

I'm still not sure who i'd like.

Di Matteo would be good and getting us playing pssesion football, but i don't think he will come here if you believe the papers

Gus Poyet would also be good, but he has had a million clubs already so he won't come here. We wouldn't even approach him.

Do we go big name tried and tested or go for young and hungry????

Why not Wenger or Pep Guardiola?? HELLO:slap:

CJparker

Simon Grayson or Lee Clark would do me nicely, as would Di Matteo, but I quite like AT. Nobody can realistically expect him to be doing any better. I just read all criticism of him and zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Users who are viewing this thread