So, whilst we're in administration.... (1 Viewer)

Skyblueweeman

Can we sign players on loan?

Do they have to be 'emergency' loans for us to be able to sign them?

What situation constitutes being able to sign an 'emergency' loan? Ours?

Can we sign non-contracted players or players who are non attached to other clubs, like this French fella?

Ta,

WM

ConnorDevine

as far as i'm aware we're not allowed to sign any new contracts

i'm not sure about loans and emergency loans, but the only instance i've heard of emergency loans going through is when a team is without a goalkeeper

ajsccfc

They're saying with [UNIDENTIFIED FRENCH TRIALIST]* that they want to get him on a pre-agreement, so it doesn't look like any kind of proper contract can be drawn up while the embargo/admin is in place.

*Subtitle: Manset of Mystery

Skyblueweeman

Thanks both. I think back to Pompey last season (I'm currently sat at work in Pompey so could ask a yokel) and am sure they were allowed to bring in non-attached players on one month contracts.

If I remember rightly, they had to get special permission and only had something like 2 players in their squad as the rest had to leave to keep the club afloat.

Our situation isn't as serious as that so I was wondering at what stage do we become a special cause and are allowed to bring in extra players. I suspect we're some way off....

Still, with the likes of Moussa, Clarke and Baker, I don't think we're going to be as far down the table as some might expect. Defence is very light I know, but we'll go with the Newcastle of the 90's style of playing....the oppo might score 7 but we'll score 8!

Anyway, we play better away from home anyway

WM :whistle:

chiefdave

Thanks both. I think back to Pompey last season (I'm currently sat at work in Pompey so could ask a yokel) and am sure they were allowed to bring in non-attached players on one month contracts.

If you go under a certain number of first team squad players (think it's 16) you can make emergency loans. As far as I know injured players still count and squad player is defined as having been in the squad a certain number of times, can't remember how many but it's pretty low and includes non playing subs. That's why Pompey would never fill the bench up with kids last season. Pretty sure the month to month contracts was down to being in administation and the administrator not being allowed to commit to anything past that.

Skyblueweeman

Good question Nick...I guess that would be a case of 'forcing' us to use players already in the squad (albeit, the bomb squad) before we bring anyone else in.

I wonder at what point, if at all, Pressley will be forced to use those players??

Otis

This bomb squad is a total nonsense, cos most right minded people on here knew that we could very possibly be still in admin and under a transfer embargo come the start of the season and may have had to play some of these unwanted players. The writing has been on the wall for some time.

Surely Pressley knew that too?

He has seemingly gone ahead and told players they were surplus to requirements when he had no clear indication that we could bring in players to replace them.

All seems rather naive at best.

ajsccfc

It's alright to tell players they're free to leave the club, but it seems just spiteful to ostracise them unless their presence has a negative effect on players around them. I don't like this whole 'bomb squad' thing at all.

Rangers will play players as Trialist - they have an embargo also, I understand that it is a loophole, however the players are not insured and if get injured would not be compensated, not sure if this is different laws in Scotland.

Users who are viewing this thread