So what is needed? (1 Viewer)

Bennets Afro

So what is wrong with CCFC at the minute?

Boardroom?
Manager?
Players?

I think it is a mixture of all three. Mr Brody from the board on his twitter page says that money is not the answer as there are clubs who have invested lots who have not succeeded. I will agree that money is not the answer to a certain extent if you already have a good squad of players. Our starting 11 is good and will compete with any team. Get 3 or 4 players injured/ suspended (like we have) and we are relegation fodder. I also believe it works the other way where, we need 3 or 4 players to strengthen our bench and we will be up in the top six
The manager was tactically wrong from the start. Long ball just does not work. It worked for a while when we got the luck and the bounce of the ball, but once that dried up we are where we are because it does not work and on the back of that the players have lost the will...
Hopefully with Thorn in now, the players find a second breathe and actually try and play football. I'm gutted we will lose a few of our better players in the summer to free transfers, but does this mean that they shouldn''t try?? I'd of thought they would be doing their hardest to put themselves in the shop window

PUSB

skybluetom

They try and make out money isn't a problem but I simply don't see that. Yes it's not the be all and end all but it's a major problem for us. For years our midfield has lacked pace and creativerty but we've never had the money to solve the problem. The only time we did have a decent midfielder was when we had Dennis Wise, it's no coindidence we finished 8th that year.

Nick

Administrator
I personally think it is all 3.

I am not sure why all of these directors keep coming and going like this new Brody fella but nothing seems to be changing. We needed some investment in January as our squad was thin and we had injuries and suspensions etc. Last year when we did have a run we had a full squad pretty much.

Big Mo

Is it just me or is it pretty fucking convenient for the board to be saying money isnt the issue when it clearly is?

Not asking for us to go out and blow millons but like it or not you need to speculate to accumulate - would love to suggest financial prudence would be the solution (especially given our previous predicament) but given we have literally no hope of turning a profit without prem football it clearly isnt.

SISU's strategy of pulling good young players in for modest fees seemed to be the way forward - didnt even mind when they were sold on since if we followed that model and reinvested we would steadily improve the squad. This strategy has since gone out the window to minimal investment - just enough to keep us up and as things are panning out they may not even get that...

derbyskyblue

If we go on the last 18 games we may sneak another win in the remaining games. Is that enough to stay up? Methinks not. Plus we still have rumours of administration floating about.

crcb1987

Finances are pretty clear - wages are the biggest outgoing, commercial income from League/TV/Sponsorship isn't going to grow massively over a season, and the crowds generate the money on top.

Crowds are way down, but we don't own the Stadium anyway - so to generate more cash we either have to sell players at a profit, or SISU needs to pump it in with the promise of the Premier League riches further down the line.

If things are/were that desperate, wonder why we didn't cash in on Kieren in January - he'd have got us some cash, rather than sell a promising new player to Liverpool.

Something doesn't add up here.

Paxman II

We are run by a hedge fund company basically who have no idea about a football club. Makes you wonder why they ever took us on? RR was the reason so kudos to him. However it seems with his promises failing to materialise in the first 3 years under his stewardship the hedge fund company have side stepped him a little bringing in new directors and taking some of his authority away as chairman.

They must have hoped with the debt cleared off the financial statements the way was clear for a good manager to bump us into the premier league and a big pay day. At the time they very nearly bought Southampton instead but chose us and that decision still looks like the right one but the promised land has proven to be more difficult than it should be.
Add to that the fact they are a bunch of tight asses with the purse strings and a philosophy of not spending more than you earn we will remain here. (in fact we lose around £80k a week - easily sorted by a moderate increase in our current gate receipts) Speculation in the market must be made other than relying on a fluke season like Blackpool.
All 3 are culpable tbf and i do feel just to keep our status quo we need to appoint a good manager such as Di.Mateo at the very least. A rookie is not where i would place risking the future of my club.

ccfcadz

It is a strange one as I don't understand why anyone would take over a football club. Unless you are in the prem there is no money to be had. As a hedge fund they buy a business, invest into the business and then sell for a tasty profit. So far the board have bought the club and have just about put in enough money to keep us afloat and not a great deal else. Surely the least they would want to do is get something backI can't imagine they are doing it for the love of football!

sky_blue_up_north

At the moment... a miracle, the whole club seems to be a shambles, really sad to say that be its true. We just might stay up be the skin of our teeth yet again...

Tonylinc

We are run by a hedge fund company basically who have no idea about a football club. Makes you wonder why they ever took us on? RR was the reason so kudos to him. However it seems with his promises failing to materialise in the first 3 years under his stewardship the hedge fund company have side stepped him a little bringing in new directors and taking some of his authority away as chairman.

They must have hoped with the debt cleared off the financial statements the way was clear for a good manager to bump us into the premier league and a big pay day. At the time they very nearly bought Southampton instead but chose us and that decision still looks like the right one but the promised land has proven to be more difficult than it should be.
Add to that the fact they are a bunch of tight asses with the purse strings and a philosophy of not spending more than you earn we will remain here. (in fact we lose around £80k a week - easily sorted by a moderate increase in our current gate receipts) Speculation in the market must be made other than relying on a fluke season like Blackpool.
All 3 are culpable tbf and i do feel just to keep our status quo we need to appoint a good manager such as Di.Mateo at the very least. A rookie is not where i would place risking the future of my club.
De.Mateo is A ROOKIE Manager!!!

Sky_Blue_Daz

Investement, not just financailly but in the community to bring in the next generation of City Fans. I stated on another forum that I go to matches with my Nephew who is 16, he and many other fans have known nothing but misery.Im 34 and apart from the 87 cup win and a few decent half seasons under WGS and a good run under Black its been abysmal.

Lord_Nampil

Personally,

It seems we are just stuck in this bubble were every season is the same, we need change a change that benefits the fans, players and board. (In other words the whole club).

How that happens i don't no, but the whole set up is a shambles!

You look at the deal we have playing at the ground and youd think it was a joke if you read everything about it. Renting the ground is fine, but only making money from bums on seats and programs will get you know where! That contract agreement is killing us! Maybe they shouldn't have signed it back in 2002? And maybe we should have gone into adminstration then, but we tryed to do it properly and we have stagnated!

What ever happens RR has to make the right choice this time and i think the right choice needs to be none of the same old (done it some where else but doesn't at coventry) kind of manager! Personally Richard Shaw fits the bill and i think an appointment like that would actually lift the fans and maybe get them back! for the final 4 important games of the season!

Pigeon

We need all 3
Money- Owning the Ricoh Arena would generate so much more money into the club. Buying players; there is only so many times you can get lucky with free players.
Manager- Someone who can inspire, select a good squad and change the game at half time if things aren't going our way or make decent substitutes.
Players- They not good enough or don't put in enough effort.
If these things don't come together then neither will the fans and attendances will continue to drop.
I don't think we will go down this season because it feels like were always in this position.
Im gutted that Im too young to have ever known any success in my football club!

Yep all three....

Boardroom - We need one that puts effort into buying the stadium 1/4 1/2 all I don't care just get this back where it belongs. The boardroom need to support the club I think ours is just playing at it currently and hoping something will come good without any real investment. Stop blaming the managers and look closer, RR should go as should the others we are rotten to the core IMO. Interesting how we have lost those recently who have the closest links to CCFC. A club and boardroom without a soul.

Manager - Well this is an easy one, we meed a new one because we don't have one! Lets not bother with a big name charlie and go for somebody who is perhaps from the lower leagues unless we are wiling to invest in players which clearly is not going to happen with the current regime.

Players - Where do I start....players that have been taken on who clearly are not good enough, players who now suddenly want a contract and players that we should have sold over a year ago.....fek me it has never been so bad on this front. We need a big clear out and I mean BIG.

DavidBrent

Every hedge fund has an exit strategy when they purchase any business. SISUs exit strategy was
A) Get to the premier league and sell to non UK owners or
B) Negotiate a deal to buy the Ricoh and then sell to non UK owners.

Neither strategy has worked hence new members of the board that are not SISU members. We now have to wait and see what the new strategy is.

Users who are viewing this thread