So, what EXACTLY is required for City to stay up? (1 Viewer)

The CableGuy

If, by some fluke, we need to win at Saints to stay up and were winning 1-0 in the 90th minute......I'm just gonna leave the house and go for a walk. Stop off at a pub for a few pints and treat myself to a curry before coming back home and reading what happened next with City.

The CableGuy

Assuming that 47 points would be enough, City can afford to lose a maximum of EIGHT of their remaining 17 games. If they lost 8, they could still stay up, but only if they won 8 and drew 1 of their remaining games.

Updated after another injury time shocker! :mad: ...plus today's match between Derby vs Forest has been called off, following yesterday's postponement of Donny vs Pompey. So both of the 2 teams above us have a game in hand.

Bottom of the table, 7 points from safety and becoming known as the Injury-Time Santas of the league.

The CableGuy

Assuming that 47 points would be enough, City can afford to lose a maximum of EIGHT of their remaining 16 games. If they lost 8, they could still stay up, but only if they won 8 and drew 1 of their remaining games.
The update of doom continues :mad: ...plus Donny now have 2 games in hand. At least Forest and Millwall were held to draws.

Bottom of the table, now 8 points from safety and well.....fracked.

Theging1987

How many deluded people are there out there? We have looked like relegation certainties all season and nothing has changed. At least on a number of previous inept seasons we started off well before gradually sliding down the league, only this season we have been more consistent. I agree with those 3 wins over Xmas gave us a hope because we were at the turn of the year, but guess what it's now the middle of feb and we are further behind with other teams a game or two games in hand. When was the last time we showed the form we need to stay up? I can't remember especially with the lack of quality of our squad. Sorry to be a profit of doom but I tend to live in reality

Otis

It's piss easy anyway.

I think we have shown quite clearly that having won 5 games out of 30, we can now go on and just win a further measley 8 in 16.

Would say that is eminently doable.

Pompey having points off is our only hope; and even then it's looking grim.

even if they lose points .... I think it would be us them and Forest ,Donny have 2 games in hand so could be them also , either way i'd guess it's 3 of those 4

CCFC Germany

I we'd behind 3 or 4 points, I'd say "it's not over yet", too.
But in our situation it would make more sense to focus on League One before we have a bad start there as well...
Planning should start right now. :(

bulkoskyblue

I'm afraid I agree idris we are down.
The big problem is we will go straight into another relegation battle. Any fans who think we will win games in league 1 with the squad we have are very optimistic, I'd say we would be mid table at best. And once SISU sell keogh cranie clingan and nimley returns to man city we are a poor league 1 side, sad times.

sky_blue_up_north

Only a fool would think we can stay up now. The final nail was last weeks loses against Blackpool and Ipswich from winning position. If we have won those games its was on, but now, no chance. Like others have said we need to plan for league one now so we can get off to a good start and aim for mid table. I dont we have chance of anything better than that.

covcity4life

Considering pompey admin has been expected for weeksonly a idiot wud say were definetley going down

6pts or goal difference ,its not over yet

mark82

Considering pompey admin has been expected for weeksonly a idiot wud say were definetley going down

6pts or goal difference ,its not over yet

Portsmouth probably have enough in their squad to stay up. We still need to catch Bristol City & Milwall.

dadgad

Looking at our fixtures I can categorically state that it is in our hands. We have a favourable run in.

Otis

The Pompey thing has made a difference, but let's not get away from the fact that last night was just one game. I still maintain that unless we pick up points away we are truly doomed. Yep as it stands we are down to 6 points from saftey, but that could be 9 on Saturday.

Not counting the Pompey thing yet cos that hasn't happened. Obviously if they are dragged in that changes things somewhat, but we still have to get some points on the road.

EleanorRigby

We need those loans that have been promised AND we need someone inside the club, the manager, Oggy, Joe Elliott whoever to highlight the fact and put Fisher on the spot.

Otis

We desperately need those loans. The side last night was the only side Thorn could put out. 3 kids on the bench and fat Freddie. Anyone else gets injured and we are in the shit.

Astute

We need to be above 3 teams after 46 games. As I have said all season we are not down until we can't stay up. We are playing well for the position we are in and now we have Nimley

Users who are viewing this thread