So how many of that 7K will turn up to the next home game?? (1 Viewer)

Covstu

Will be interested to see how loyal all of those fans are at the next home game!! Great support and prooves there is a fan base there but need it more often!

hill83

I know of 7 people that went last night that never go to games.

So 7 to start off.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I didn't go last night cos I fecking hate london & everybody in it....

....I am, however, looking forward to meeting all 7000 of you at Boundary Park this weekend....:whistle:

covcity4life

not me, next time ill be down if in thrid round of fa cup if we get a big team:claping hands: sky blue army!

the_ferret

It's a silly question. Every year teams from the bottom two divisions who average no more than 5k will take 20,000-30,000 to play off finals. Every club has a pool of fans only a small proportion of which will turn out every week. That's just how it is, we're no different to any other club on that front. Don't see why some people get so wound up by it.

A winning team and our average gates will soar.

After missing just 1 home game in the last two seasons, the only matches I will be going to this season are League and FA Cup. I went to the Birmingham game and I went to the next round. I will not be attending any league matches unless I get given tickets.

TheSnoz

Rich, you are entitled to do what you want of course - but let me understand correctly you are a 'moderator' on this forum and you don't go to games? What's all that about? The Sisu thing? Agoraphobia?

Rich, you are entitled to do what you want of course - but let me understand correctly you are a 'moderator' on this forum and you don't go to games? What's all that about? The Sisu thing? Agoraphobia?

The lack of entertainment Snoz.

I listen to every game on CWR, I take a daily interest in the club. This does not affect my ability to merge duplicate threads on the forum. I am a commited supporter of the club, but I also believe in value for money. I can go the cinema and watch a film for £8 and it may be 2 hours long this is value for money, in comparison. Going to watch Cov at the moment is not value for money.

Success will make me return to the Ricoh on a more regular basis. If we become a top half team, even if it were league 2 then I would be more happy to return than if we are the league 1 whipping boys.

sky_blue_up_north

More interestingly how many will be at Oldham, like me.... But we have the face the facts, this will always be the same, and its not only Cov, big games bring big gates. i welcome everyone, even if it is for one game, if we have a stormer and win, play good football they may come back. This has to be good for everyone.

Last edited:

rob9872

"But I'm a better fan than you"
"No. I'm a better fan than you"

No wonder we have such shite support at most games when we have people who are villified for their non-attendance. We should be saying that we welcome all those who came last night, some old, some new. Hopefully the team have shown them something that will make them want to return, if not, hopefully results will work to give them a reason to choose that over the rugby or a trip to the cinema etc. It's entertainment and this is not chicken and egg, but supply and demand. Get the product right on the park and that 7k plus others will soon want to attend as regularly as you and I.

rob9872

^^ as Rich says. Was posted whilst I was replying, but interestingly confirms what I had suggested in that he will attend if he is being entertained. Even mentions the cinema - I swear we hadn't consulted!

:)

Brighton Sky Blue

Will be interested to see how loyal all of those fans are at the next home game!! Great support and prooves there is a fan base there but need it more often!

To be fair 8,000 is only a little below the current home attendances...

^^ as Rich says. Was posted whilst I was replying, but interestingly confirms what I had suggested in that he will attend if he is being entertained. Even mentions the cinema - I swear we hadn't consulted!

:)

I thought you'd read my post before writing yours, our thinking is so in line.

:(You must be a mentalist.

Astute

I won't be going on Saturday. I went last night. Does that make me a bandwagoner or glory supporter?

I start work 5:30pm. I work shifts. I work 4 on 4 off. After 7 sets I get 18 days off. This is when I get to go to most of the games I can. I work most saturdays when I am at work. This morning I got home just before 4am. I should have started work 5:30am, but they owed me a shift.

Many couldn't go last night through being at work. Many can't go this weekend through work. Yet some like to label everyone the same. Some can't afford it. Some have other commitments. Some can't be bothered. Some have had enough. I am fed up of home games but always try my best to go to away games. If I wasn't at work I would be there.

I take it you go to every game and never have commitments that stop you from attending. Lots of us live nowhere near Cov. 3 of us travelled down together yesterday. It took me 4 hours before we even reached Cov. A home game is not leaving your house and arriving within an hour. An away game can be close for us. It can also add hours on to of the journey to if you live local. Suppose this means nothing either.

Last edited:

ricohroar

I didn't go last night but will be there Saturday. Again through work. It doesn't bother me some people went who never go. I sold my 2 tickets to a mate who hasn't been to a game all year. It was £10 and £5 last night for lower seats. Maybe if home games were the same and not double we'd also have a bigger turn out??

I didn't go last night but will be there Saturday. Again through work. It doesn't bother me some people went who never go. I sold my 2 tickets to a mate who hasn't been to a game all year. It was £10 and £5 last night for lower seats. Maybe if home games were the same and not double we'd also have a bigger turn out??

Jumping on the home game bandwagon. How dare you!!

BurbageSkyBlues

If we have a big game and attract extra people, it is up to us to entertain them so that they come back, surely?

Only prolonged success or entertainment will build the core support, and that takes time. Last night was an opportunity to start this, and I think the team showed progress in organisation and structure to their play. Hopefully, some of the recently lost fans will see that, and give Robbins a chance.

For the record, our party of four for last night, will be only one or two for regular games......but then again , my brother was over from malaysia for my birthday, and the other two don't live locally!

A sense of reality is required, as pointed out by many posters above. We should welcome everyone , and encourage them to return again. Times have changed, so have people's lifestyles, and their options for entertainment.

Pusb

SkyBlueArmy12

I don't go to every Saturday game but I attended last night because of the fact I won't be seeing the emirates anytime soon, and to be perfectly honest It's the same for most fans who attended last night. Why shouldn't we go is my argument?. I've supported Coventry City all of my 24 years and was a ticket holder for 4 years, but now I'm at the age where I play Saturdays in the UCL or work the odd Saturday so it's pointless being a season ticket holder. So to say the people who don't go every Saturday are not being Loyal is a bit much, we still love and support our club week in week out.

Last edited:

TheSnoz

Rich, this entertainment thing. I don't get it. Cinema is easy, see what you're saying but the actors don't have 11 blokes trying to stop them acting. To me football is a kind of battle. High skill and flowing football would be ace, but often it doesn't happen. We rejoice in a good tackle, a goal line clearance etc. I go to see City win (don't laugh) and am emotionally involved. Think quite a few football fans are. Football is unique like that. It's like a faith in an almost religious sense.

covcity4life

Rich, this entertainment thing. I don't get it. Cinema is easy, see what you're saying but the actors don't have 11 blokes trying to stop them acting. To me football is a kind of battle. High skill and flowing football would be ace, but often it doesn't happen. We rejoice in a good tackle, a goal line clearance etc. I go to see City win (don't laugh) and am emotionally involved. Think quite a few football fans are. Football is unique like that. It's like a faith in an almost religious sense.

testify my brother!

A film does not get released if the Actors do not perform to their best. If CCFC were playing their best, especially with the squad that we have now. We would be all over other teams. A good performance could result in a crushing 6-1 defeat, but if the players gave their all and played to the best of their ability then it would be entertaining as Wednesday prooved.

Its an expensive price to see poor football. I love City and i've got a season ticket but i can understand why people stay away. Only the loyalest of the loyal, including me, will go to every single game and pay those ridiculous prices. £15 for concessions to see elague 1 football? and a 20 quid increase on season tickets after relegation? i had to think long and hard whether to get my ST this season, and i would do anything for my club. if i think like that, what do the others think? we need more supporters at the ricoh, but i cant understand why fans are staying away

Astute

I can give quite a big list of why not.

Users who are viewing this thread