So frustrating being a Cov fan (1 Viewer)

bawtryneal

Can you think of anything more frustrating
The one major thing in my life that I care about but cannot influence
Drives me crazy.

Otis

Drives me crazy.

Totally agree. There is a degree of consistency to life. Coventry City buck that trend.

NortonSkyBlue

Drives me crazy.
I have trained myself to believe that a football match is a game of 22 players and you have a 50% of wining or losing. I also say to myself that all things even we should draw some games.
The problem on here is that a cup half full is seen as overflowing and a cup half empty is bone dry and frankly it is neither.
Nothing makes me happier than a win and as low as a defeat.
Surely we should be immune to these swings of emotion but no it hurts and a win feels great.
We can't influence it so why do we invest so much in to it?
I wish it didn't affect me so but it does.
I often think that a Man City fan sat at the end of his bed and prayed that we have had too much suffering, please give us some success and their prayers were answered. Pity their god chose the wrong Sky Blues!

Otis

In life you know you are almost certainly going to wake up the next day, you know are going to eat and you are going to speak to someone and just maybe get letter from your bank.

With Coventry City we get a letter from the bank saying we have we just been credited £1,000 into our account ( just beat Stoke). The following week we get another letter from the bank saying they made a mistake and they are taking the £1,000 back (Exeter).

Coventry City can make or break your weekend. They can raise your hopes and then squash them again in an instant.

I have absolutely no idea what to predict next week against Swindon. Not a clue. Which Coventry City will turn up? Who knows.

ccfcway

In life you know you are almost certainly going to wake up the next day, you know are going to eat and you are going to speak to someone and just maybe get letter from your bank.

With Coventry City we get a letter from the bank saying we have we just been credited £1,000 into our account ( just beat Stoke). The following week we get another letter from the bank saying they made a mistake and they are taking the £1,000 back (Exeter).

Coventry City can make or break your weekend. They can raise your hopes and then squash them again in an instant.

I have absolutely no idea what to predict next week against Swindon. Not a clue. Which Coventry City will turn up? Who knows.

I've supported cov for 30 years. For the 13 years we were consistently fighting relegation in the top flight. For the next 17, we have always been consistently disappointing and on a downwards spiral....

Otis

There is nothing certain in life , if there was I'd be a billionaire and the owner of Cov City FC . :emoji_money_mouth:
I find life more certain. Pretty much know what this weekend is going to be like and so too, next weekend.

With the City you're spinning a bullet in a gun chamber and you have no idea when the bullet is going to be fired, or whether it is going to be fired at all, or even if the gun is going to work. Sometimes you don't even know where the gun is.

Calista

For several decades the fortunes of the Sky Blues meant absolutely everything to me – I lived and breathed CCFC. I’ve trained myself in recent years to take a step back, and days like today don’t really bother me too much, which is great because my weekend no longer depends on the performance of a bunch of footballers.

The downside is that the high points are also blunted – I was delighted at last week’s win over Stoke, but not ecstatic for days on end like I would have been in my youmger days.

If you’ve still got that fire in your belly, long may it last, and may the ups outweigh the downs because it’s been the other way around for far too long.

Amcoventry

Wha
Still, at least Wasps lost today, pretty much ending their European hopes for the season.

Every cloud and all that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a load of crap
Its OK if our team loses as long as Wasps lose as well?
I coudn't give a toss if wasps win or lose it's OUR team I want to win!

Sky Blue Harry H

Still, at least Wasps lost today, pretty much ending their European hopes for the season.

Every cloud and all that...

Thought about this, this morning.

Thought 1) Great, don't like Wasps, so that may help put them under extra financial pressure = hopefully downwards curve

Thought 2) If this has cost them £££s loss as a result of lost revenue by effectively being knocked out of the Cup, does that mean they will be looking at squeezing every £££ out of us?

.... I ended up confused as to whether it was a good or bad thing - leaning towards the good (in the long term)

bawtryneal

Thought 1) Great, don't like Wasps, so that may help put them under extra financial pressure = hopefully downwards curve

Thought 2) If this has cost them £££s loss as a result of lost revenue by effectively being knocked out of the Cup, does that mean they will be looking at squeezing every £££ out of us?

.... I ended up confused as to whether it was a good or bad thing - leaning towards the good (in the long term)

I agree. Something I have considered
The delay in an announcement regarding next season doesn't bode well. Whilst I am sure a deal will be done it cannot be good it is taking so long. Boddy knows it is crucial to the fan base to make an announcement and the longer the delay the more grief will come his way
The Stoke result has improved moral but after yesterday that will soon be forgotten
The clock is ticking

Captain Dart

There is nothing certain in life , if there was I'd be a billionaire and the owner of Cov City FC . :emoji_money_mouth:
I disagree, it is not certain you'll never be a billionaire or own CCFC. :emoji_smirk:

Skyblueweeman

Fair comment on point 2 to be fair. Hadn’t thought about that. Still think it’s a better thing than not from a long term point of view.

Irish Sky Blue

Yeah and at least your football club only lets you down once a week. With a wife it's every single day.
It would be interesting if you ever left your phone or IPad lying around open on one of your insights into marital life with your wife! What would she say and would she confiscate your IPad? If you ever disappeared off of here I think we may know why!

Otis

It would be interesting if you ever left your phone or IPad lying around open on one of your insights into marital life with your wife! What would she say and would she confiscate your IPad? If you ever disappeared off of here I think we may know why!
Not sure if she is giving me subtle little hints.

Tonight she was telling me the temperature in Siberia is -62° at the moment and she was on Expedia on her laptop at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread