so basically (1 Viewer)

matesx

The club has to be and apparently is self sufficient.

The owners are uninterested and are happy to let the club break even/ tick over without any direct SISU investment.

They have no incentive to sell as it hides massive losses.

As fans then it falls upon us to support the team to increase funds for the playing budget.

This creates a vicious circle of fans frustration and anger versus wanting a successful team on the park.

I suppose last year showed that a winning exciting team does draw back the fans in decent numbers despite all the apparent mismanagement.

We really need to pray we get the right manager in who recruits well and turns things around pretty damn quickly.

Its our only realistic hope.

better days

Maybe a caller might like to ask Tim Fisher tonight why Tony Mowbray said to one of our young players ahead of the Gillingham game earlier this season 'It's a scandal that I can't pick you to start this game' TM resigned a few days later. Is the board dictating team selection?

Nick

Administrator
Maybe a caller might like to ask Tim Fisher tonight why Tony Mowbray said to one of our young players ahead of the Gillingham game earlier this season 'It's a scandal that I can't pick you to start this game' TM resigned a few days later. Is the board dictating team selection?

Which player? Our bench was:

Substitutes
  • 8Lameiras
  • 9Agyei
  • 10Jones
  • 20Tudgay
  • 29Harries
  • 31Stevenson
  • 34Addai

stupot07

Or perhaps a JPT and the parent club wouldn't allow them to play? Or he had to play one of the loan players as part of the loan agreement?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bob Latchford

The owners are uninterested and are happy to let the club break even/ tick over without any direct SISU investment.

As fans then it falls upon us to support the team to increase funds for the playing budget.

This creates a vicious circle of fans frustration and anger versus wanting a successful team on the park.

I suppose last year showed that a winning exciting team does draw back the fans in decent numbers despite all the apparent mismanagement.

We really need to pray we get the right manager in who recruits well and turns things around pretty damn quickly.

Basically as I see it we have 2 choices . 1 stay away until sisu go or do this and give sisu your money .
images

ccfcway

a successful business stems from the top down. Those at the top don't care. It doesn't matter what happens below, eventually it will collapse. It will continue to drip away as long as it breaks even

Last edited:

better days

A few players have contracts based on basic salary plus appearance fees. Most have a very small additional or none at all. Maybe Andy Turner can ask TM next time he calls him. It's never been explained

Nick

Administrator
A few players have contracts based on basic salary plus appearance fees. Most have a very small additional or none at all. Maybe Andy Turner can ask TM next time he calls him. It's never been explained

Who would it have been though? As most on the bench have started a fair few games since.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It may explain why Wright and Agyei are in the team over others, and why other players last season were played when they didn't deserve to be on the pitch.

Either that or Mowbray's team selections were just poor, which was my original thought.

Nick

Administrator
It may explain why Wright and Agyei are in the team over others, and why other players last season were played when they didn't deserve to be on the pitch.

Either that or Mowbray's team selections were just poor, which was my original thought.

What I don't get, is that the players who aren't playing have only just been signed by them.

It isn't like it's a David Bell they have taken on, or somebody on their 99th appearance or something like that.

mark82

Basically as I see it we have 2 choices . 1 stay away until sisu go or do this and give sisu your money .
images

It's this kind of crap that annoys me. "You have to follow what I do else you're burying your head in the sand". It's just not true is it? You're just trying to be deliberately divisive.

Playing devil's advocate, you could say the best way to get rid of sisu, based on what Comical Tim said this morning, would be to turn up in numbers and give them something that has value to sell. Also, turning up in numbers regularly would likely give us a budget to get out of this league.

Nick

Administrator
The thing about the protest last night is that people showed their views and got on with it. If you had Bob there would he have been shouting at everybody who didn't invade?

NOPM won't do anything, it will just mean budgets get cut and people can sit at home and shout it.

While I don't agree personally with going on the pitch, it did so much more than sitting at home and saying "NOPM" over and over again didn't it?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

What I don't get, is that the players who aren't playing have only just been signed by them.

It isn't like it's a David Bell they have taken on, or somebody on their 99th appearance or something like that.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if part of the deal which bought these players in was an appearance based salary attraction. They sign, then they get benched so they can't get the extra bonuses, this also keeps them unhappy, so shitter performances when they do play probably too.

I know it is a tin foil hat theory, but it wouldn't surprise me at all. Would explain why loan players got picked over our own players last season and this one, when they really shouldn't be.

One thing that is annoying me though, is that now Fisher has said about the budget, fans are saying 'see it wasn't Mowbray's fault'. - In my opinion he is massively to blame for our position in the league still.

torchomatic

Bob Latchford

torchomatic

It's this kind of crap that annoys me. "You have to follow what I do else you're burying your head in the sand". It's just not true is it? You're just trying to be deliberately divisive.

Playing devil's advocate, you could say the best way to get rid of sisu, based on what Comical Tim said this morning, would be to turn up in numbers and give them something that has value to sell. Also, turning up in numbers regularly would likely give us a budget to get out of this league.

Yeah, there's a lot of that on here, usually suffixed with "so you're happy with SISU then?"

torchomatic

images

There we go then folks, don't go and support your team.

stevefloyd

In my eyes people havent gone to watch us play for a while and use the NOPM excuse thats up to them but if I want to go and watch my team I FUCKING WILL no matter how shite they are... I chose not to go to Northampton but I choose to go to the Ricoh through freedom of choice not because some fucker tries to brainwash me

Otis

Yeah, I was of this stance for a long time.

Trouble is however, we have been in terminal decline for so long and trust between owners and fans is at an all time low.

I honestly believe that fans simply do not trust Sisu to put any money back into the club for transfers and playing budget.

I think they are happy to tick along with us being mediocre, but our bringing talented youngsters through and selling them on.

I really don't think putting bums on seats will change much and that is down to the stance of our owners. They have no affiliation with us and no care or consideration for us. I don't believe that if we came in numbers that they would put more more into the playing budget.

It's ridiculous really, cos it doesn't take rocket science to work out that if people turn up and the owners invest in the team then we will be in a much healthier position as a club.

Their lack of care though and their lack of understanding of the game now has me believing they are quite happy for us to potter along as we are, as long as we can keep selling the best of our young products from a flourishing academy (but even that for how much longer?).

It's investment, takeover or bust as far as I can see. Either that or we massively overachieve with an excellent manager at the helm.

The trust between fans and owner is all but completely broken and fans will just keep drifting away in numbers. There is already talk of people saying they won't renew ST's next season.

Fans can see there is no vision, no two year plan, no ambition and they are getting increasingly pee'd off with it.

All we get from Fisher is cutting, cutting, cutting comments and a shrug of the shoulders when fans say they no longer wish to come.

Still no ground development, worries about losing our academy and the club still in a downward spiral.

As it stands there is only one outcome to all this, relegation!

I think it will all just repeat again in League Two until we fall out of the league and fans will continue to drift away and fall out of love.

And then as I have said before, once we are at the bottom of the cycle we don't even have to envisage developing the Butts, we can just move right in, because so many fans will have been lost and a 3,000 capacity will be amply sufficient for us.

D

Deleted member 2477

Turning up in numbers increasing gate income will not increase player budgets. It hasnt for the last 10 years and weve now heard it from the asses mouth that our owners are only interested in getting a return on their money ie any extra incom will go straight into sisu pocket like the madderson and wilson money.

I have supported this club like many for over 30 years but this is my last season of putting money into joys handbag whilst she lets theclub die

D

Deleted member 2477

To blame our situation on the fans of the club shows us what fisher and co are all about. Ruthless, selfish money grabbing con men who couldnt give a toss about me, you or a 100 year old football club. If it ment making a £1 theyd move us to the memorial park

Buster

The situation is dire . A hedge fund has come in to claim the Ricoh ,asset strip and sell ,moving on to fuck somebody else up . Failing badly they have ended up trying to run a business that is beyond their area of ability . If it was a corner shop it would be called fronting up. No stock and nothing to sell to the public . If you were daily walking by this shop and the owner was shouting "if you don't buy my goods I will put even less on the shelves" you would think he had gone mad . Sell the shop to someone that can do the job
Analogy num#. 4563278

Irish Sky Blue

I wouldn't be at all surprised if part of the deal which bought these players in was an appearance based salary attraction. They sign, then they get benched so they can't get the extra bonuses, this also keeps them unhappy, so shitter performances when they do play probably too.

I know it is a tin foil hat theory, but it wouldn't surprise me at all. Would explain why loan players got picked over our own players last season and this one, when they really shouldn't be.

One thing that is annoying me though, is that now Fisher has said about the budget, fans are saying 'see it wasn't Mowbray's fault'. - In my opinion he is massively to blame for our position in the league still.
Budget doesn't affect the quality of player brought in and hence performance on the pitch? Mid to lower League One budget is what Fisher said.

Otis

Budget doesn't affect the quality of player brought in and hence performance on the pitch? Mid to lower League One budget is what Fisher said.
That has to be based on a certain number of players in the squad though.

Yep, we could go for real quality, but would have to cut back elsewhere.

Not sure how big our squad is, but it is pretty thin in terms of depth of quality.

Irish Sky Blue

That has to be based on a certain number of players in the squad though.

Yep, we could go for real quality, but would have to cut back elsewhere.

Not sure how big our squad is, but it is pretty thin in terms of depth of quality.
Referring to last season under TM rather than this.

stupot07

I'm not entirely sure I believe him re: the wage budget. And you could have thr lowest budget in the league in which the difference is a mere 24p difference.

Its a shame that thr FL doesn't make the benchmarking public, as its difficult to gauge exactly where we are, we could have the 17th lowest budget, £3-4m less than top 6 of we could have thr 17th lowest wage bill but only £100-200k lower than 6th. Our wage bill could be double that of thr 18-24th lowest wage bills.

Regardless of the budget mowbray and Venus royally fucked up recruitment.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

"Turn up in numbers" is a ridiculous command. What fucking numbers? The two hundred or so on NOPM? Or you planning to convince a bunch of people that long ago stopped even thinking about CCFC to protest?

There aren't thousands waiting for someone to tell them how to protest, "turn up in numbers" is as much a plan as "win the lottery". The gates are what they are cos we're shit and its not fun, not because of some guerilla warefare from the fans.

Users who are viewing this thread