So are many of us! (1 Viewer)

luwalla

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...ews/im-scratching-head-coventry-city-11803145

Sold for peanuts , no rumours of unrest, one of the players of the season ( in the first 2/3 of the season at least ) and a player we could have done with in the squid for sure... totally baffling.

Wish the club would just come out and say he done a john terry and gave mowbrays missus a foot massage, then at least we could understand it!

fernandopartridge

You musn't have been at the match Saturday, Mascherano he was not! Nearly gave away a goal to Reid in the first half dithering on the ball - Reid really should have scored, then he and his other centre back were miles apart for the Agyei goal.

Still, it's another negative story about CCFC from the Telegraph.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Like with Aaron Martin, I can accept letting him go if we bring someone in that is at least of the same standard if not better.

The thing is, we'll have to wait until Wednesday to find out if that's happened.

I am worried at the lack of people in the team willing to make a tackle though, we'd get out muscled by the Coventry United Ladies team at the moment.

Nick

Administrator
We have been like it for years, even last season Vincelot turned into a bit of a pussy.

It took Lamieries to wind Millwall up, he is about the only one who seems to get a bit wound up and stick a boot in.

Grendel

Mowbray wouldn't even play him in midfield towards the end of last season and results improved.

Fucking hell he's past 30 and has played for mediocre clubs all his life and now can't even play in his correct position.

luwalla

Ahh Mowbray let him go... Understand now, still, strange decision then. Can only presume he had someone better lined up & that either fell through or is still waiting to happen, but either way he needed to free up Vincent's wages maybe

ajsccfc

I'd have happily kept him, but there were a few times where he gave the ball away in the worst possible positions so I'd hope for Bradford's sake they don't intend on him playing at the back for them all season.

Martin180

As dire as things are currently it might force Moggas hand and play more of our academy .Who knows we might unearth 2-3 gems

afan4life

Mowbray said it was his choice didn't he?
let me give you a scenario;
TM; I have to have more players and soon
Sisu : Sorry whatever your name is but we don't have any money
TM: What about the sales of Maddison.etc etc etc ?
Sisu: Don't concern yourself with that Tom, its gone
TM: but I don't have enough players to even stay in Div One
Sisu: Well Bradford have offered some money for the French chap with the beard if you say yes you can have some of the dosh Tim
TM; Do it

SO Tony's choice then????

Nick

Administrator
Sisu: Well Bradford have offered some money for the French chap with the beard if you say yes you can have some of the dosh Tim
TM; Do it

First, who is Tom.

Second, we brought in a player after he went didn't we?

Joy Division

Mowbray wouldn't even play him in midfield towards the end of last season and results improved.

Fucking hell he's past 30 and has played for mediocre clubs all his life and now can't even play in his correct position.

What does his past history of clubs have to do with anything. Do all our other players have a history of playing for great clubs?

ajsccfc

TM; Do it

afan4life invents ascenario4awhine

SkyBlueCharlie

The real issue for me is letting both Fleck and Vincelot go without effectively replacing either of them. When you rip the heart out of your midfield you just have expect problems.

D

Deleted member 2477

Its funny how most last season were saying vincelot was the player we had been missing for several years and his performancies were making him a contender for player of the season are now saying he was crap and average. If we had the choice im sure he would get in our team now and improve it but as usual some on here and cet site seem to think they know best aka grendel.

Vincelot showed passion and agression in our midfield which we lack now. He only slumped when the rest of team did so going on grendels comments we should have got rid of them all as they were shit

Nick

Administrator
Its funny how most last season were saying vincelot was the player we had been missing for several years and his performancies were making him a contender for player of the season are now saying he was crap and average. If we had the choice im sure he would get in our team now and improve it but as usual some on here and cet site seem to think they know best aka grendel.

Vincelot showed passion and agression in our midfield which we lack now. He only slumped when the rest of team did so going on grendels comments we should have got rid of them all as they were shit

The first lot of games (maybe 10 - 15) he was a warrior. He was going in on people and usually taking a yellow. He was winning most things in the air and scored a couple of goals.

Then the second half he was nowhere, I cant remember which game it was where he got absolutely bullied (It could have been Morsy when he was at Chesterfield) but Vincelot stood about 10-15 yards away from him every time. He was petrified of him.

Grendel

Classic!

John it's a no brainer really.On the Monday TM was explaining his plans for the midfield which when reading his comments was obviously being built around Vincelot.On the Wednesday he was on his way to Bradford for what TM described as footballing reasons.No Mr Mowbray he was sold for cash reasons. Seppala it seems made you sell him if that was not the case why did you not keep him,footballing reasons my a**e. There are two lots of guilty parties here.Firstly the fans who have selfishly supported SISU when they must know they are prolonging the agony.When supporters refused to go to Northampton CCFC were brought to heel despite the wicked witch claiming she would never return as a tenant.Had the fans adopted the same attitude at the Ricoh then SISU would have been forced to act Obviously SISU are the main cause of our decline,when will the fans realise that hedgefunders are like vultures.They pick the carcass clean then leave it to wither away.Sadly the withering process has begun.

fernandopartridge

He was awful after christmas. I remember posting on here after the Barnsley away game about how bad he was.

D

Deleted member 2477

So were murphy, armstrong and others. His dip in form started when the rest of the team did

hill83

I rated him. I would have kept him. Mowbray obviously didn't rate him and hasn't kept him.

Lovely beard though.

What I will say though, I defended Mowbrays decision at the time and still just about do. But the longer the shitshow of results carries on the less inclined I'll be to do that.

Otis

I rated him. I would have kept him. Mowbray obviously didn't rate him and hasn't kept him.

Lovely beard though.

What I will say though, I defended Mowbrays decision at the time and still just about do. But the longer the shitshow of results carries on the less inclined I'll be to do that.
I liked him. He was a different player though in the new year as Fernando said.

It was like having two different players. First half of the season he was my favourite player. Second half he became a liability.

Users who are viewing this thread