Smoke and mirrors is not enough to protect the Academy (1 Viewer)

SBchimp

At the fans forum last night Tim Fisher was asked about the plans for our Academy.
He talked about great strides being made forward with Warwick University. Well Mr Fisher that’s great news however unless the Academy returns to the Alan Higgs Centre, its very future is in doubt.
The Academy is audited just as a school would be and needs to meet a number of strict criteria, particularly around staffing levels and facilities.
In order for our Academy to continue it must have an indoor area for training and matches. To continue as a CAT2 Academy this needs to be available and exclusive for the academy’s use for the whole season. Even for a CAT3 or 4 it must be available from November to April. None of this can possibly be done by the Uni. against the timeline of next season.

In addition to this, the changing area needs to be exclusive to the Academy for training and match days for child protection rules. Once again with the university’s own use and other outside parties this is not possible.

The list goes on and on, Parents lounge, Analytical suites,classrooms, offices and treatment rooms. None of which are available for the club to use.

Whilst he may talk about erecting temporary domes and other farfetched ideas, even if followed through on it will not happen in the timescales required

Our Academy has in the past few years been vital in enabling the club to field a 1 team, if Mr Fisher and co continue to stick their heads in the ground on this, then the club WILL be found out by the FA and the academy could cease to exist, which presumably could be one of the final nails in CCFC’s coffin

This is a real threat to our clubs long term future and should not be underestimated.

Last edited:

ajsccfc

At Warwick we've got the sports pavilion side of campus with the well-kept pitches and clubhouse that could easily be used solely by the academy when the schedule suits and the Tarkett all-weather* pitch, but there's no indoor pitch bigger than a 6-a-side sports hall.

*except when it snows, the sods

jimmyhillsfanclub

I personally think this is one of the worst aspects of the shit-storm farce that is CCFC.

The Academy....more than ever....represents the clubs future.

It will be a crying shame if the club loses its CAT 2 status....its hard enough attracting the best young players in the area when competing with other bigger clubs based in the midlands....yet to try & attract any sort of talent with lesser facilities & lower status is going to be near on impossible...

....I wish SISU, ACL & CCC would all just fuck off.

Leamington Pete

At the fans forum last night Tim Fisher was asked about the plans for our Academy.
He talked about great strides being made forward with Warwick University. Well Mr Fisher that’s great news however unless the Academy returns to the Alan Higgs Centre, its very future is in doubt.
The Academy is audited just as a school would be and needs to meet a number of strict criteria, particularly around staffing levels and facilities.
In order for our Academy to continue it must have an indoor area for training and matches. To continue as a CAT2 Academy this needs to be available and exclusive for the academy’s use for the whole season. Even for a CAT3 or 4 it must be available from November to April. None of this can possibly be done by the Uni. against the timeline of next season.

In addition to this, the changing area needs to be exclusive to the Academy for training and match days for child protection rules. Once again with the university’s own use and other outside parties this is not possible.

The list goes on and on, Parents lounge, Analytical suites,classrooms, offices and treatment rooms. None of which are available for the club to use.

Whilst he may talk about erecting temporary domes and other farfetched ideas, even if followed through on it will not happen in the timescales required

Our Academy has in the past few years been vital in enabling the club to field a 1 team, if Mr Fisher and co continue to stick their heads in the ground on this, then the club WILL be found out by the FA and the academy could cease to exist, which presumably could be one of the final nails in CCFC’s coffin

This is a real threat to our clubs long term future and should not be underestimated.

Not to mention a required annual budget for the Academy of £950,000 to maintain Cat 2 status.

ricohman

The club never reached cat 2 status, they failed at the last hurdle, allthough crewe managed it at the same time

SBchimp

They will find out in the next couple of weeks and from what I hear they are expecting to get awarded CAT2. What a shame it will be if this is them overturned through more missmanagement.
I'm amazed that people like Mr Rioch stick with us, it must be so frustrating to have all your hard work undone.

wingy

They will find out in the next couple of weeks and from what I hear they are expecting to get awarded CAT2. What a shame it will be if this is them overturned through more missmanagement.
I'm amazed that people like Mr Rioch stick with us, it must be so frustrating to have all your hard work undone.

Although he has Nationality in common with the manager, I expect there will be a turnaround of staff in that department.

ricohman

I dont believe for a second we will reach CAT2 status, we failed earlier this year before the shit hit the fan, what makes you think will will do it now with the funding cut

Users who are viewing this thread