Sleeping Dogs (tide you over until GTA:V is out) (1 Viewer)

cornoccfc

Sleeping Dogs, out tomorrow looks perfect for those wanting a GTA style game.

(Well out tomorrow, but thanks to ShopTo I've already got it)

It was True Crime, which got canned, but another company picked it up and releasing it.

Sleeping Dogs is a fantastic example of an open-world game done exceedingly well. Not only is it also a love letter to Asian cinephiles, but it's packed with memorable set-pieces and remarkable gameplay mechanics that ensure you're always having fun, whether you're just messing around or engaging in the myriad tasks and side missions on offer. If we're picking faults, we'd say that the story portion of the game while entertaining and engaging, is a little on the short side, and we did occasionally come across a tiny bit of clipping here and there. But to pick holes in such an accomplished open-world action title seems somewhat churlish. Kudos to UFG and Square Enix for rescuing Sleeping Dogs from the jaws of oblivion then, and surely Activision will be wondering why they decided to put this particular dog to sleep.

[video=youtube;PH950oHYLFE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH950oHYLFE[/video]

flammablepiss

Facebook User
You may have just sold it to me. It caught my eye on tv the other day. It actually looks really good, especially the Hong Kong surroundings. Think i'll find some games to trade in, not paying £40 for it.

cornoccfc

You may have just sold it to me. It caught my eye on tv the other day. It actually looks really good, especially the Hong Kong surroundings. Think i'll find some games to trade in, not paying £40 for it.

It's very good, graphics are great, combat mechanics really good. Haven't had time to properly play it yet, but looks fantastic.

No online which is a downer for some (not me), just a case of enjoying the storyline, complete and sell on.

ajsccfc

I'm tempted by this after reading a few impressions. Hate Saints Row though, it tried too hard to be the antidote to GTA turning serious that they forgot much in the way of structure, in lieu of WOW LOOK WHAT YOU CAN DO CHECK IT OUT

Bagsy

Was thinking of getting this, but might wait till the super steam mega sale over Christmas where It'll no doubt be on there for £5-10.

B

Bobby Firenze

At Getgamesgo you can pick up Sleeping Dogs Limited Edition for £22.44
Registered on Steam, key was delivered to both my email and the website’s “My Account” section instantly. Zero issues.

http://getgamesgo.com/product/sleeping-dogs-limited-edition
Oh, and the game is excellent and the PC port is refreshingly well done, with loads of graphic options.
Highly recommend. The combat is excellent!

cornoccfc

Hope plenty of you played it!

GTA:IV will have to do something special to top it for a single-player sandbox game, sunk over 30 hours into it!

Users who are viewing this thread