Skysports - Coventry 1-2 Sheffield United: Protests overshadow Blades win (1 Viewer)

mrtrench

A good straight bat from Venus. He's not the most articulate of people clearly but he did the right thing in refusing to be drawn.

RegTheDonk

He came across as a football manager who wants to talk about football which is fair enough...but the reporter should have pointed out that he's not just managing the team, he's on the fucking board and his and Fishers' behind the scenes policies are what has led to this problem.

mrtrench

Well yes Reg. But listening to him talk he's obviously not that bright. We can argue that someone with such limited intelligence shouldn't be on the board but within his limitations he did well to tread a middle ground - pointing out that as the manager he cannot say anything one way or the other.

RegTheDonk

Well yes Reg. But listening to him talk he's obviously not that bright. We can argue that someone with such limited intelligence shouldn't be on the board but within his limitations he did well to tread a middle ground - pointing out that as the manager he cannot say anything one way or the other.
Not being bright and limited intelligence goes hand in glove with the way this clubs being run, I'd say! I do take your point though mate, he obviously didn't want to be drawn into saying the wrong thing and his excuse was passionate and convincing - it would satisfy most neutral viewers who wouldn't be aware of his other role. Shame in a way he's not the one on CWR tonight, Fisher seems more able to deflect the awkward questions without giving a straight answer.

mrtrench

Not being bright and limited intelligence goes hand in glove with the way this clubs being run, I'd say! I do take your point though mate, he obviously didn't want to be drawn into saying the wrong thing and his excuse was passionate and convincing - it would satisfy most neutral viewers who wouldn't be aware of his other role. Shame in a way he's not the one on CWR tonight, Fisher seems more able to deflect the awkward questions without giving a straight answer.

No excuses for Fisher from me. He is bright - he must be, he works in market risk management which is one of the most intellectually difficult bits of investment banking. Venus is a cog, Fisher knows full well what he is doing and should be ashamed - not only for the pig's ear he's made of managing the investment but also because of the way he has treated the community.

stevefloyd

Senior management are not in touch with reality, they don't understand the working man only facts and figures

Users who are viewing this thread