Sky Q and WiFi (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

Just in the middle of changing over to sky Q. Got the router which they told us swap straight away but not the other hardware. Anyway, Ifollow was shit tonight and the router is the only thing that’s changed. I googled it and came across a few people claiming that the range of Sky Q router isn’t great but the mini boxes for multi room act as a booster.
Anyone got any experience with this?

Si80

They do act as wifi access points yes. Should you move away from Sky for broadband though, that functionality stops.

skybluetony176

They do act as wifi access points yes. Should you move away from Sky for broadband though, that functionality stops.
Cheers. Pretty much what I’ve been reading online. Sky are my broadband supplier so hopefully once it’s fully installed problem sorted.

fernandopartridge

Just in the middle of changing over to sky Q. Got the router which they told us swap straight away but not the other hardware. Anyway, Ifollow was shit tonight and the router is the only thing that’s changed. I googled it and came across a few people claiming that the range of Sky Q router isn’t great but the mini boxes for multi room act as a booster.
Anyone got any experience with this?
It's wank, I've just bought a cheap mesh system as the WiFi signal I get won't go through two walls

Rich

I've swapped to BT due to connectivity issues with Sky. It's just as bad on BT so I've bought a couple of these. Fantastic repeaters plus if you travel you can connect this to external wifi and it repeats as a network that you use at home.

Tiny little thing too.

Kneeza

The sky router really is crap. Ours wouldn't even reach the Q box from the room above it (wood floor/carpet), so they eventually gave us a booster box to sit downstairs.
While the Q box is now reasonably reliable, I regularly have to disconnect my phone from the router and use data instead.

Users who are viewing this thread